PDA

View Full Version : help my POS wont start

CelicaST-162
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
My 1986 Honda Accord get very difficult or sometimes WONT start at all when it gets really cold, I checked the wires and what not and even tried gas pouring down the carb, but still with no luck.....
thanks

EK 2.0
01-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Is it plugged in??...If not try that Bro...It SO helps...

CelicaST-162
01-25-2004, 07:58 PM
the block heater doesnt work:( ..i guess i will have to fix that then...man do carburated hondas suck ass

angierideswitme
01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
well dude, i think it's time you get a new accord.

yohan4ws
01-25-2004, 09:21 PM
pouring gas down the carb ? ..

There's this suff called liquid fire, it comes in a spray can .. try that maybe ? ... a bit better than pouring in liquid .. blast it right in the air intake and it should take right off

however, give us more information on what the car does NOT do

you turn the keys, goes wrr wrr wrr wr .. no .. rumble rumble vroom or ? .. my soundFX own.

CelicaST-162
01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
The "Liquid Fire" stuff is called Ether, it is better suited for semi diesel engines with no glow plugs, anyways that stuff isnt good for gasolines engines but since this car is a POS i will do it anyways thanks for that.....when you turn the key to crank it just keeps turning over and sometimes for a split second it sounds like its coughing trying to start....hopefully that helps out for the soundfx

angierideswitme
01-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

3G
01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
It should have a choke, mine does. Mine started yesterday no problem and it wasn't plugged in. If you want a new Honda I got one for ya!

yohan4ws
01-26-2004, 08:18 AM
A friend of mine has n 85 prelude w/ 1.8L dual carb engine, he's sort of getting the same thing only has to hold the gas down or it'll stall out ..

It could be the choke, do you pump the pedal a couple of times before starting when its cold? .. Maybe give that a try ..

What kind of oil do you have in there? 5W for this weather could be a good idea .. Does it seem really bogged in the cold . like in the summer teh starter would spin resisitance free, even my car in the cold does a really slow start ... How are the sparks looking/when did you change them last?

I had an old chev before I went to import and after trying to start in the cold (not having the car plugged in) if it didnt fire right away I needed to take the spark plugs inside and let em dry off a couple of hours before it would fire again ..

Too bad for any of us with any problems that need looking at this week because its so friggen cold#!*%