PDA

View Full Version : Trip Advisor Fake Reviews

blitz
10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
My wife noticed that the #2 restaurant in Calgary is the "White Elephant Thai Cuisine" in a Best Western on 16th Av NE. Friends went there are were not impressed.

Taking a look at the reviews it's obvious that the owner or owners family are flooding trip advisor with fake reviews. I say everyone should help balance it out:

White Elephant Trip Advisor Site (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154913-d1552894-Reviews-White_Elephant_Thai_Cuisine-Calgary_Alberta.html)

hurrdurr
10-27-2011, 10:36 AM
LOL - Kinda fucked too cuz it doesn't even have a lot of reviews.

sputnik
10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
How is it obvious that the reviews are fake?

max_boost
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
How is it obvious that the reviews are fake? :werd: :dunno:

holden
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe some of the reviews are fake (the ones with no previous reviews), but some multiple posters also gave it 5 stars.

sputnik
10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
John Gilchrist gave it an 8.5/10

http://www.cbc.ca/eyeopener/columnists/restaurants/2011/09/02/the-white-elephant/

Urbanspoon shows 81% of people like it.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/191701/restaurant/Northeast/White-Elephant-Thai-Cuisine-Calgary

blitz
10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
"I and my" and lots of other broken English. Not to say it's a bad restaurant, but #2 rating in Calgary?

I and my friend had come for dinner @ White Elephant Thai Cuisine on Saturday that located inside the Best Western Airport Inn . Firstly look inside the restaurant is normal as same as with other restuarants but only one thing is looking to different to me that there are many thai traditional crafts on the wall that give me feel relaxing and comfortable also very worm welcome from gentleman waiter that I find out at the end of the dining ,he is the owner and his wife is the chef and the owner too. The owner is recommended for app. are Chicken Satay , Phuket Prawn Salad and Pork Spring Rolls that is the yummy starting for our dinner and our main course are Mountain Prawn and Pad se-ew Chicken also Coconut Rice. We are asking the owner about the wine to complement to our food. He is recommended The Zonin Merlot to match to all of the food taste and smoothly eating . The food here is very Excellent authentic traditional thai food , Pricing is very reasonable worthy for my spending for dinner , service is a little slow due to family business and unbelievable the kitchen is very small that can cooking for the whole town the chef or the owner 's wife she is superwoman and dynamic . and the must need reservation especially on Friday and Saturday from 0545pm to 0800pm very vey busy on those day. sometime expect delay on the order but worthy for waiting for super sure and you will forget everything due to the taste is so yummy . Really Really Good For Waiting and Never ever disappoint . Coming back again and very valuable dinner......well welll well

Since I and my family have visited the Calgary from my hometown in Las Vegas that there were many thai restaurants in my town , I and my family never ever had the real thai authentic taste that can retrieved memorial of the taste since my first visited in thailand last two months ago and unbelievable We found the exactly the same thai taste here. We are started from app.it is Prawn Wrap , Chicken Satay and Papaya Salad with Black Crap that strongly recommended and our main courses are Prawn Red curry , Chicken Mountain , Pad thai home made noodle with beef and Matsaman Pork curry also we never ever forget to order the Coconut Rice all food displays is very wonderful decorating with fresh vegetable and thai herb side disk serving together with the main course and the end of my dinner my two young kids had home made Coconut with deep fried banana ice cream that they are very enjoyable eating that I and my wife never seen them happy enjoy eating before at that moment. If We are coming back to Calgary again The White Elephant Thai Cuisine is my top lists for my family dinner time for super super super .......sure !!!!!!!!! VERY EXCELLENT JOB>>>>LOVE IT SO MUCH [/B]

Stopped in the dinner after the seeing the restaurant as I drove by. O had a delicious thai springroll and chicken satay the server seem nice explain about the real thai food they are very friendly and first started the said the food tonight be delay because saturday night we are okay ;) that I had the best peanut sauce :) I have ever eaten. The food pretty good compare a lot of the thai restaurant we went.Price were under $13-16 for most dinner entrees. Restaurant crowded and the owner let we saw inside the kitchen SO SMALL HOW POSSIBLE TO COOKED ALL!!!!!! We will come back the food absolutely fabulous. !! [/B]

Guillermo
10-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
John Gilchrist gave it an 8.5/10

http://www.cbc.ca/eyeopener/columnists/restaurants/2011/09/02/the-white-elephant/

But Gilchrist reviews mean nothing. He plasters his face all over TV, the newspaper, the internet, the stampede, the CFM, etc. etc. etc., and i'm sure every single restaurant in the city has his picture hanging in their kitchen so that staff know to be on the lookout for him.

because he is so recognizable, i'm certain he doesn't have the same dining experience as the "average joe," and although the vast majority of his reviews have extremely high ratings (8-10), that doesn't mean the average joe will have the same experience.

Sugarphreak
10-27-2011, 01:21 PM

msommers
10-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Capo comes to mind

Mar
10-27-2011, 01:24 PM
"I and my" is a common mistake for certain language conversions. Chinese always mix up "he" and "she".

flipstah
10-27-2011, 02:14 PM
The only way to resolve this dispute for a neutral, unbiased adjudicator to do their bidding.

In comes me. I'll go there next week? :)