PDA

View Full Version : Compustar model help

R!zz0
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, does this compustar remote starter exists?

The model is "2wfm4501S" I checked google but i couldn't find anything. The guy selling it to me said it's a 2 way compustar with 1 mile range.

Thanks.

TE4MFaint
10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Absolutely does. We carry it as well.
Its a black compustar remote. Unfortunately this remote does not have a lot of features on it compared to other various compustar remotes as the remote does not have a count down timer for the starter or show time, temperature, etc.

But all in all it is a decent unit as far as range wise.

http://www.compustar.com/images/Compustar/remotes/2W703-SH_small.jpg

I am installing one right at this moment, just prepping the starter itself haha :nut:

R!zz0
10-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I appreciate your reply. So it's got 1 mile range? I'm getting it for $217 installed. Good deal or getting ripped lol?

TE4MFaint
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
You're getting a good deal. They work well. Installed another one today into a push to start Altima, worked like a charm.

Best part about compustar brains, is all their brains are the same. So if down the road say you lose a remote and want a different model to try, all you need to do is purchase an antenna and remote pack from them which is muchly cheaper than buying a whole new starter.

HiSpec
10-28-2011, 02:16 PM
hey TE4MFaint... have a question for you...

I have a RF-2W9000-SS and I noticed the reception is horrible compare to my P2W9000-AS. Do you have any previous experience with the RF-2W9000-SS??

TE4MFaint
10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Our shop just started carrying the pro series compustar this year, and have only installed one so far this year however did not have absolutely any problems with the starter itself as far as range went...

do you still own the alarm starter as well? (AS = alarm starter, SS=starter)

If you do, swap out antenna's, simply unplug and plug the other one in and see if you have any better range, if you do, your antenna is on its way out. If its the same, try the other remote coded to the starter (key back & forth in ignition 5 times within 7 seconds, then press lock twice on one remote then lock once on the other, codes both remotes)

if you don't well, then it may be best to see if a shop will perhaps let you try a new antenna to determine whether yours is shot at all and will either need replacing via warranty if its within its 1 year purchase time or to just straight out buy a new antenna.

HiSpec
10-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Sorry, my bad. The one I have is 2WSSR-9000, the one with SST. And the other vehicle is equipped with 2W9000R-FM (non-SST).

With the car equipped with the non-SST alarm/starter, I can start the car just on top of the overpass at Dalhousie C-train station. While with my SST one, I have to be at least inside the parking lot.

I guess I'll go back to the installer and see what he can do for me.

TE4MFaint
10-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Definitely a good idea, im thinking failure of the antenna.

Nissan_Fanboy
10-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint
Definitely a good idea, im thinking failure of the antenna.

Make sure your antenna is out of the way of tint, or any sun-visor blocking stuff hahaha.

+1 to TE4MFaints reply, the compustar brains, most likely the 6200 if a starter, 6000 if an alarm, are all interchangeable with remotes and antennas. The antenna is the most critical part to the range. I've seen the actual antenna wire become faulty and effect range as well.

-Chase