PDA

View Full Version : Question about TELUS/Shaw vans and parking

thetransporter
10-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Are TELUS/Shaw vans allowed to park on a street with their pylons up where the city has posted No parking signs? I see this stuff all the time (both contractors or regular telus vans)

I left a message for someone at Roads /311 they have not yet returned my call.

Thank you.

DeeK
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes, they are.

Ven
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Utility right of way. I'm curious why it matters to you enough to call 311.

Cos
10-27-2011, 04:59 PM
They are if they are working. Not for shits and giggles

thetransporter
10-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Mod please delete thread

Someone from roads called me back (and said NO)

thetransporter
10-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Ven
Utility right of way. I'm curious why it matters to you enough to call 311.

because that part of 11 ave se is very narrow and a lot of people got into accidents there mainly due to city busses so the city of calgary placed NO parking signs there.

GenerationX
10-27-2011, 05:18 PM
snitch life...

swak
10-27-2011, 05:21 PM
So would you call 311 if it was a cop and had someone pulled over for a menial seatbelt ticket, thus blocking the lane?

Shit dude. Who cares...

Edit:
It does piss me off when you're following the trucks with the board in the back with the flashing arrow, when they stop and flip that back light on......

Edit 2:
... And say it isn't leagl. Its gonna take a really low life parking dude to ticket that guy for blocking traffic.

J-hop
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
OP I really wish you hadn't called that in, I have enough trouble with their services without someone ratting out their service guys who are trying to fix mine and other customers' problems....

codetrap
10-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX
snitch life...

What, are you 7?

Where in the thread does it say he called in complained? It just says he wanted to know if it was legal.

I would be willing to bet the reason he wants to know it's legal is so he can go and buy a set of pylons for himself...

Grogador
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
You can't park illegally but you can get away with a lot if you are on a call. Loading zones, alleys and sidewalks are fair game. Bus zones, fire hydrants, clearly marked "no parking/stopping" zones and blocking traffic are big no-no's. That 28' extension ladder is rather unwieldy so I used to park wherever was convenient and wouldn't incite (too much) murderous rage.

People are idiots though, so sometimes you had to park to protect your ladder and workspace... or 'accidentally' drop crimpers on their hood when they creep inches from your ladder because they couldn't be bothered to drive around the cul-de-sac to the other end of the alley!

thetransporter
10-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
OP I really wish you hadn't called that in, I have enough trouble with their services without someone ratting out their service guys who are trying to fix mine and other customers' problems....

I called in to ASK not to report.

J-hop
10-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter

I called in to ASK not to report.

Good, let's keep it that way!

thetransporter
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
snitch life...

where do i say i called in to complain? I am called in to learn how the laws work for utility vehicles.

Why? I maybe looking at trying to become a contractor for one of these companies.

GenerationX
10-28-2011, 02:21 PM
I see, my apologies then.

On the side note, you could work on your English as well before you become a contractor.

"where do i say i called in to complain? I am called in to learn how the laws work for utility vehicles.

Why? I maybe looking at trying to become a contractor for one of these companies"

thetransporter
10-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I see, my apologies then.

On the side note, you could work on your English as well before you become a contractor.

"where do i say i called in to complain? I am called in to learn how the laws work for utility vehicles.

Why? I maybe looking at trying to become a contractor for one of these companies"

thank you however; sometimes i will be multi-tasking and not paying too much attention and i end up not making too much sense when im typing. i am remotely controlling my computer using a tiny android keyboard it makes it more of a challenge.

AndyL
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
:rofl: I made 1-16 Telus trucks disappear for that crap, If you call CPA to report it... They'll tag it, and it'll get towed... If they're fast enough.

Good Times, Good times!

thetransporter
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
thanks

J-D
10-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
:rofl: I made 1-16 Telus trucks disappear for that crap, If you call CPA to report it... They'll tag it, and it'll get towed... If they're fast enough.

Good Times, Good times!

Brutal.

Fuck CPA! :banghead:

Maybelater
10-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Good Times, Good times!

Super cool guy right here.

AndyL
10-29-2011, 08:54 AM
:rofl: They knew the risks, they rolled the dice... and lost - I was just doing my job...

C_Dave45
10-29-2011, 09:07 AM
:rofl: They knew the risks, they rolled the dice... and lost - I was just doing my job...
LOL. To my youngest son you have THE coolest job EVER!! Ever since he was old enough to talk he's been infatuated with tow trucks. His dream job is to drive one. He watches that show "Wrecked" over and over. Every year we have to take him to the big rig show in Red Deer just so he can walk around and see the tow rigs up close. You are his idol. Lol

ExtraSlow
10-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Dave, are you my dad? I always wanted to be a tow truck driver.

C_Dave45
10-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Dave, are you my dad? I always wanted to be a tow truck driver.

ROFL....I dunno...is your Mom cute?

roll_over
10-31-2011, 12:29 AM
If you call in a company truck for parking, wouldent that cost the tax payers seeing as this is taxable?

Cos
10-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by roll_over
If you call in a company truck for parking, wouldent that cost the tax payers seeing as this is taxable?

What? Telus is no longer owned by the AB Gov. When it was AGT it was but telus is a privately owned company.

Also hopefully they can afford a $100 parking ticket.

swak
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
They can write off such "expenses" though...
So in the end, were paying for it.

ExtraSlow
10-31-2011, 10:35 AM
By that logic, it also costs the taxpayer money when any business has any expenditure.

ercchry
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by swak
They can write off such "expenses" though...
So in the end, were paying for it.

normally if you get a ticket in a company truck you, the driver have to pay it and they just take it right off your pay cheque :nut:

spikerS
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

normally if you get a ticket in a company truck you, the driver have to pay it and they just take it right off your pay cheque :nut:

That was what I loved about one of my old jobs. to them, a parking ticket was part of doing business. I was delivering liquor and beer to parties or businesses, and if I got a ticket, i just gave it to the boss and they never bat an eye.

once, i was delivering a good order to a private function, and the hood of my delivery truck was partially blocking the sidewalk downtown. (i was parked in an ally). I got one load out and was going back for another, when a foot patrol CPA told me I couldn't park there. I told em to leave the ticket on the windshield. He said he was going to tow it, and I said to go ahead. I was done a few mins later, and went to leave. He told me I couldn't leave, and I just gave him my bosses phone number and told em to take it up with him. Didn't get towed, and didn't get a ticket. fun times. I know, cool story bro!

swak
10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
By that logic, it also costs the taxpayer money when any business has any expenditure.

I guess so yeah.

But when its things like tickets and fines getting written off, i dont so much agree with that.

This is why White Collar Crime is such an issue in Canada.
Fed's "You committed ______. We are going to fine you $1M"
Business: "Sure, whatever"

... Later on, business writes off $1M fine.

ExtraSlow
10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
swak, it's not like "writing it off" means the business pays $1 million less in tax.

swak
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
never said that.

Im just saying that a business has more options than you or me do getting a seatbelt ticket or what have you.