PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite brand of jeans?

Pages : [1] 2

importracer1
10-27-2011, 08:33 PM
As the title states, whats your favorite brand of jeans? Looks, comforts... Etc

Also for you guys that workout, what kind of jeans do you like wearing that shows off your hard work? *Cough *Cough, the gluteus muscle (aka the butt) haha.

I have a couple designer jeans and out of all of them I like 7 For All Man Kind.They hang just low enough without a belt and they show off the assets pretty well, how women like it. :bigpimp: :rofl:

boarderfatty
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Decent Jeans I am all about 7's they have the most comfortable denim period, and they fit decently as well. Some not so comfy jeans that I really like are Rast's and Jack & Jones.

Fir Cheap jeans for work <100 I am a big fan of Levi's lately. Haven't really had a pair sice Jr High. Always went with Tommy, or Guess, or Gap etc. But I realized what I had been missing out on, and my collection of Levi's has been steadily increasing. Also find they are uber durable which is also a nice feature at work.

G-ZUS
10-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
Decent Jeans I am all about 7's they have the most comfortable denim period.

Also like G-Star's

BokCh0y
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
7's are my fav for designer jeans, but i also like Citizen's of Humanity a lot as well. Both fit well, great material, comfortable and i really like the style.

Cheap jean wise, like to wear when i am out buying groceries or something is Banana Republic. Strong and durable.

projekz
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Wrangler - I can wear them whenever, they're cheap to replace if I happen to be working on my car or changing a spare tire:D

swak
10-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Levi's.

Can't stand the idea of spending more than $100 on jeans.

KRyn
10-28-2011, 10:59 AM
What ever fits and doesn't wear out, my next purchase will be a pair of Fidelity jeans. A buddy of mine told me they have a wider thigh area to ecomodate guys who actually squat. Now I know why adidas and aesthetics crew don't bother to squat. Buying new denim every few months is to expensive. I bought a pair of Citizens and after only four months they are falling apart. My legs rub together and two holes are created in the crotch/inner thigh area. It sucks!

Boat
10-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Currently, buffalo. I'm tall and pretty skinny and the jeans fit great, (32x34) comfortable. A bit pricey around 130 though.

Neil4Speed
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I used to only wear Diesel for a while, but have since kind of got bored of some of their washes. I have since moved to a particular style of G-Star, but a bit hard to come by.

JfuckinC
10-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Boat
Currently, buffalo. I'm tall and pretty skinny and the jeans fit great, (32x34) comfortable. A bit pricey around 130 though.

I'm a completely buffalo closet i think lol I'm tall as well and like how they fit..

Get em from Winners guy! My mom still buys me my jeans :rofl: well, gets them for me and makes me pay..

GQBalla
10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
i like william rast and sevens for fit.

but for quality. diesel.

flipstah
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i like william rast and sevens for fit.

QFT. 7's are exceptionally nice around the butt.

Buffalo made nice jeans too but I haven't liked their product line lately. Last pair I bought from them were many years ago.

Who hear has a pair of Citizen's?

schocker
10-28-2011, 11:53 AM
For fit probably rasts.
For comfort, probably sevens or trues.
I have too many jeans so I have different cuts and materials for each, and the rasts can be a bit thin at times, but out of all my jeans, none have ripped or anything so I have no preference for quality. I have one pair of diesels though and they feel like you are wearing cardboard :dunno:
I always liked my rocks but they went belly up and will be returning as a budget brand :nut:

jdmXSI
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
By far my Evisu jeans are my favorite. I picked up a few pairs for $40 each about 5 or so years ago and they are still in great condition. Definately worth the extra $$$

bulaian
10-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
What ever fits and doesn't wear out, my next purchase will be a pair of Fidelity jeans. A buddy of mine told me they have a wider thigh area to ecomodate guys who actually squat. Now I know why adidas and aesthetics crew don't bother to squat. Buying new denim every few months is to expensive. I bought a pair of Citizens and after only four months they are falling apart. My legs rub together and two holes are created in the crotch/inner thigh area. It sucks!

I need to check out these Fidelity jeans too. I try to keep my jeans in good condition but the inner thigh/crotch area always rubs and wears out because I have big legs from squatting.

KRyn
10-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

QFT. 7's are exceptionally nice around the butt.

Buffalo made nice jeans too but I haven't liked their product line lately. Last pair I bought from them were many years ago.

Who hear has a pair of Citizen's?

I am sitting in a pair of Citizens as I type this. Nice jeans, good wash, comfortable denim. That said they are thin as I have chaffed through them in only four months or so.

Originally posted by bulaian

I need to check out these Fidelity jeans too. I try to keep my jeans in good condition but the inner thigh/crotch area always rubs and wears out because I have big legs from squatting.

Have you patched any crotch holes? If so how long did the patches hold before they too fell apart? I read online you can put Vaseline in between your legs to reduce friction... Not sure how I feel about this haha.

cet
10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Currently I have a pair of APC New Standards and a pair of 3sixteen's. Both are comfortable once you get bast the stretching out/wearing in phase. The 3sisteen's are higher quality than the APC's though

Mitsu3000gt
10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Guess and 7's, nothing fits better for me. And I buy at outlets because I refuse to buy $200+ jeans LOL.

Disoblige
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Sevens, Levi's.

Looks good, low profile, good fit.

Kinda facepalm at 35-50 year old office workers walking around in True's, Rocks, etc. Looks very weird, especially if they're chubby.

Hallowed_point
10-28-2011, 02:07 PM
G-STAR (on sale that is :D ) I honestly don't know how an average male fits into most Diesel jeans. I swear those jeans are designed for someone with the hip structure/upper legs of Gandhi :dunno:

Hallowed_point
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Kinda facepalm at 35-50 year old office workers walking around in True's, Rocks, etc. Looks very weird, especially if they're chubby.

:thumbsup: would tend to agree "this will make me hip" :facepalm:

Tomaz
10-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Wrangler - I can wear them whenever, they're cheap to replace if I happen to be working on my car or changing a spare tire:D

werd the retro line looks good and fits by beautiful round ass. hard to find a pair of jeans that fit right at 38x36

mr2mike
10-28-2011, 02:35 PM

I read online you can put Vaseline in between your legs to reduce friction.

:rofl:
Quote of the year nominee.

The friction is the jean fabric rubbing together as you walk, not the skin-to-jean friction.

Kijho
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Rock Revival, Rock & Republic.
Although, I'm only 18.
Nothing "ed hardy" or outrageously flashy though, I love the Rock Revivals with a nice clean banana republic sweater/long sleeve.

slick2404
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Joe Jeans ftw

Civic_Drift
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I like Uniqlo or Cheap Monday jeans

shakalaka
10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I used to only wear Diesel's and that's all I had. Although, now I have a mix of Diesel's and True Religion's. Both are good enough I guess. I tried 7's once and didn't like them much.

BensonTT
10-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Levi's Orange Tab!! YAAAA BOY!! :poosie:

KRyn
10-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Quote of the year nominee.

The friction is the jean fabric rubbing together as you walk, not the skin-to-jean friction.

That is what I meant, you put Vaseline on the inner thighs of your jeans to stop the denim on denim friction. I hate typing on this iPhone, nothing ever comes out as it should hahaha.

But seriously vaseline is great at reducing friction!:poosie:

civic_stylez
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Surprised there arent more Diesel fans... I love Diesels and Willy Rasts. Guess jeans fit well and are comfortable to wear on the motorcycle.

austic
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
7's and Trues fit me the best.

flipstah
10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I used to only wear Diesel's and that's all I had. Although, now I have a mix of Diesel's and True Religion's. Both are good enough I guess. I tried 7's once and didn't like them much.

I find True's too baggy. I bought a 'slim' pair of True's and they're still poofy.

DGill
10-28-2011, 05:18 PM
rasts are good, and i also like the fit of rocks

BensonTT
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM

I find True's too baggy. I bought a 'slim' pair of True's and they're still poofy.

a smaller size? :dunno:

OriginalGoods
10-28-2011, 08:50 PM
D

K3RMiTdot
10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Sevens diesels for me

importracer1
10-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by BensonTT

a smaller size? :dunno:

I agree with them being pretty baggy, especially around the waist. My sizing for True jeans are kind of fucked up, I got bigger thighs from working out and when I wear the correct size for my waist my thighs fit too tight and when I go for the right size for thighs, the waist is loose.

And I think of belts as an accessory, if you need one to keep up your pants, they're probably too big.

Seems like everyone likes 7's in here. :D Pretty understated jeans in my opinon, especially they're design, classic. Not many people wear em because when your shelling out $200-400 and up, most go for the outlandish look with "Hey, I spent $300 on my jeans, you should know that." haha

heavyfuel
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Guess works best for me.

mazda_maniac
10-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm such a skid.

Volcom and wesc!

And yes I've worn "true designer jeans" not my thing.

wintonyk
10-29-2011, 11:22 AM
My fav. is definitely my Rock and Republics. The one and only expensive pair i will own.

Alternatively I really like the Lucky Brand ones I bought in MTL.

As Kryn mentioned. I have a helluva time finding jeans that fit my thighs. Small waist, long legs, big thighs isn't a good combination

msommers
10-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I used to love Diesel but after my last pair I'm not so sure the quality is there anymore.

tirebob
10-29-2011, 02:11 PM
$15.99 Costco specials... Hahaha! I am so far from cool it's disgusting... Being 41 and heavier saves you a lot of money on clothes though!

KuruptEX
10-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I like my nudies i'm a size 38 and they are perfect, very comfortable and love the look. I also like levi's.

leftwing
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Surprised there aren't more votes for Nudie Jeans. They are by far my favourite for wash/fit/comfort. I also have a pair of burberry jeans that I really like, very good quality, been over a year and no fading or signs of wearing out of any kind.

borN
10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
+1 for Nudies. After a couple wears, they're insanely comfortable.

ryuen
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
I love Nudie Jeans. Have a pair several years old and still no signs of the infamous crotch rip Nudies seem to be plagued with.

I'm a big fan of dry denim, so APC, and Naked and Famous are a couple of my other favorite brands. Far as pre-washed jeans go, I like Sevens and William Rasts.

vengie
10-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Closet is full of Buffalo and Guess. Perfect price point for jeans I will replace within 4-6 months, look good and fit great.

bulaian
10-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Have you patched any crotch holes? If so how long did the patches hold before they too fell apart? I read online you can put Vaseline in between your legs to reduce friction... Not sure how I feel about this haha.

Yeah I used some of these iron-on denim patches from walmart. They lasted a few weeks and then fell off too. A friend of mine used them and his are fine though, maybe just bad luck for me. If it happens again, I think I'll just bring them to a tailor and see if they can sew in some patches instead

max_boost
10-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Guess jeans for durability and work.

Got a couple pairs of Rocks for going out.

rollinv4l
10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
just got my nudies a couple weeks ago and love them

Rat Fink
11-01-2011, 12:01 AM

kvg
11-01-2011, 12:10 AM
At risk of sounding gay, D&G jeans. They stand up and fit awesome if your skinny.

#2 choice is American Eagle, then Gap.

Moonracer
11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I like 7's, Lucky brand, buffalo and levi's. But they have to have some stretchy material in them which makes them super comfortable. Don't like cardboard jeans at all.

taemo
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
i have 2 pair of Gap jeans that I love to wear for years now.
I've tried Lucky brand before and loved it, too bad couldn't justify 130$ for a pair.
Maybe next time it's on sale

Blue
11-01-2011, 09:32 AM
use to be RnR until they went bankrupt and started creating uglier styles. For now its Trues, they're really durable

schocker
11-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Blue
use to be RnR until they went bankrupt and started creating uglier styles. For now its Trues, they're really durable
Well they are a budget brand now to be sold at kohls even though they were bought by the same company that bought sevens in bankruptcy and brought them back.

HHURICANE1
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Levis 501's for comfort, Work Warehouse Dakota for work. Cheap and wear well.

Hallowed_point
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
When I see trues I think douchebag with pointy shoes, man purse, wannabe gangster/baller. IDK maybe I'm alone on this :dunno: Could never wear those jeans and I think they look tacky as hell

A790
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I feel for ya, brother! I'm in the same bloody boat...

bulaian
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Blue

R&R had really nice styles but their denim quality was crap. Notorious for holes in the crotch for both men and women styles.

You know it's time to stop buying them when they start selling them at Costco and London Drugs though.

Kardon
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac
I'm such a skid.

Volcom and wesc!

almerick
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I recommend you guys check out some Tavernitis, I wear my pair pretty much every other day, more comfortable pair of jeans ever.

Will Rasts come close second for comfort.

Diesels are the best all around for style, comfort and durability.

sexualbanana
11-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by swak
Levi's.

Can't stand the idea of spending more than $100 on jeans.

Me neither. Plus, I got a stack of jeans from my days interning at Levi's and 5 1/2 years later they're still rocking strong.

max_boost
11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by A790

I feel for ya, brother! I'm in the same bloody boat...

So what I did was, stop squatting! And now all my jeans fit again. :rofl:

Anton
11-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Used to wear 7s mainly but recently have been picking up Joe's in the states. Always sales like 2 for $99 and I really like the fit, style, comfort, etc. I don't like whiskers or rips or lots of stuff on the back pockets so these work well for me.

Was just in Seattle on Thanksgiving weekend and tons of great deals on jeans :thumbsup:

Edit: Anyone know who can sew jeans for me? I have some denim fabric laying around but don't really know anyone who would be able to do it well.

schocker
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
When I see trues I think douchebag with pointy shoes, man purse, wannabe gangster/baller. IDK maybe I'm alone on this :dunno: Could never wear those jeans and I think they look tacky as hell
They are just horseshoes on the pockets :dunno:
There are way tackier jeans.

Originally posted by bulaian

R&amp;R had really nice styles but their denim quality was crap. Notorious for holes in the crotch for both men and women styles.

You know it's time to stop buying them when they start selling them at Costco and London Drugs though.
:werd:
I never ended up having any problems with the quality of mine though for some reason, I think near the end they picked things up :rofl:
The canadian distributor did get sued by r&r though for selling those jeans wholesale as it was against their agreements. The reason I know all this I am not sure.

sexualbanana
11-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Anton
I don't like whiskers or rips or lots of stuff on the back pockets so these work well for me.

The Bluenotes jeans piss me off for this reason. I just want a pair of cheap, loose fitting jeans that I can wear for goofing around but all of their loose fits have this ridiculous looking kind of rip on them.

lee88
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Kai D. Utility jeans durable and confort a plus:thumbsup: and also Robins jeans

alloroc
11-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Wranglers for non work and whatever they are selling that fits me at value village for work, but it has to be really snowing or fricking cold for me to wear jeans anyway. I normally sport shorts.

Ajay
11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I've currently got eight pairs of jeans in my closet. Two Rasts, two Citizens, two True's, one Diesel, and one R&R. I wear my Rast's, Citizens, and one of my True's the most but I definitely have to say that my Citizens are the most comfortable.

After a couple of washes they felt like I was wearing PJ pants. I usually buy my jeans from Revolve Clothing's website and rarely spend more than $180, otherwise I wait until I hit up the outlets when I go to the US.

darthVWader
11-01-2011, 09:37 PM
GWG's

chineywun
12-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Id say my fav jeans right now would be the Diesel Krooley's or even the Thavar - wash is impeccable, fit is proper and look awesome - got 2 pairs - $330 a pair tho is steep but well worth it

Nudie would be a close second for sures...quality is awesome, premium denim for sures and theres always an "Authentic" feeling when you get to distress your own jeans to be one of a kind - just copped a pair of Big Bengt for $215 so not too bad, ALSO selling a pair of Average Joes 34/34 - 9.5/10 condition never washed worn maybe 5-6 times - PM me if ur interested I have pics too

Hugo Boss slims black coated look sick with a blazer or fitted sweater - $150 not too bad - usually done up in all black

Rock and Republic - I have about 6 pairs were paid about $150-$250 each pair, one of my fav jeans and still fit very well and very comfortable and clean cut however they've gone bankrupt and now sell at Costco and just recently saw them at Sears for $59.99 on sale - FRIG. I will always love Rocks no matter what tho...lol

William Rast - not a bad jean...have 3-4 pairs not too bad more of a comfy fit rather than a stylish/comfy fit...not too fond of them anymore there somewhat cheap too $150-$200 nothing major

True Religion - gayest jean on the market right now...reminds me of Jersey Shore frosted tips and white dress shoes...I dont care what style u have whether its Billy, Nathan, Bobby, Big T's etc...all are gay no matter what and are way over priced...sorry ladies this includes u as well :(

Rock Revival - gay jean as well..there pretty much a knockoff of True Religion with their big stitch and patterned pockets...#fail Its like a jean for a guy who cant afford the Trues so he cheaps out and buys the cheaper version for $150 - again ladies sorry :(

Seven Jeans - great jean as far as comfort goes and if you want simple yet stylish, great jean to rock with a blazer and dress shirt - and if your not rockin a blazer and dress shirt - you gotta be over 40 years of age to wear them. Its basically a name brand jean for the old guy tryna be "in style" which is fine if your older...lol - price is standard not cheap, not expensive $200

Citizens of Humanity - again a jean for the mid 30's +not cheap not expensive - $200-$220 id say

If you are looking for quality denim, ur not gonna find it in Buffalo, Guess, Mavi, American Eagle, Silver, or any jean thats under $100 - they dont make the jeans for quality, they make em for people who dont care about quality or think "jeans are jeans, denim is denim"

Quality denim is Diesel, Nudie, APC, Naked and Famous, Simon Miller, PRPS jeans, Evisu jeans etc...some cost more than others

I gotta go with my Diesel Krooleys/Thavars and then my Nudies

To each their own tho...all this jus my opinion!

12-07-2011, 12:26 AM
^
Pretty much has it down...

Diesel is the best out there followed by PRPS

Type_S1
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
^^^

The second you said true religion is tacky but not diesel I LOL'd

Diesels are by far the gayest jeans on the market for the price range...only ever see brown guys from the hood rocking them.

max_boost
12-07-2011, 01:46 AM
WTF they sell Rocks for $59. I feel so ripped off paying $200-300 for those once upon a time. Yep they do rip easily too, so gay. Probably had 15-20 pairs during my label whore years.

And how the fuck do you go bankrupt? Jeans probably cost $5 to make and selling for $200.

:nut: :nut: :dunno:

EG6boi
12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Diesels only for me.

chineywun
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Type_S1

True Religon jeans are the tackiest jeans on the market right now...come on dude...everyone and there lil kid is wearing em...True's were jeans like 3-4 years ago matched with your tacky Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier shirts and hoodies...LOL Why do you think TR are cheaper now...cuz there played out and still tacky

Diesel jeans such as the Krooley, Thavar etc are quality denim with a great wash/distress that makes them genuine and relatively exclusive, these jeans are baked in an oven to get the "look" that denim heads want...

Diesel owns the jean market...PRPS and Simon Miller also next on the list...and the forever Nudies...Naked and Famous are reppin pretty good too!!

chineywun
12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
yeah I was a lil shocked when I found out Costco was sellin Rocks for $100, then to hear that Sears was sellin em too!

I mean Tavernitti went bankrupt to and was then bought out again and then Tavernitti became a popular jean again...not too badly priced either for $200 or so....

I am sure someone will buy out Rock and Republic again here and revive them and bring the quality and the "name" back to where it was when they were popular...Rocks fit good, subtle yet make a statement

As far as True Religion goes...maybe I am biased but man seeing the same Billy BIG T in blue with thick white stitch is just over played...I havent seen anything as far as nice washes go or a nice distress so to me they rely on the horse-shoe on the back pockets and thats really it...

no disrespect to anyone as I said before to each their own...but when you put up Japanese raw selvedge denim or a dirty new age denim up against a True Religion....the jean speaks for itself...#jussayin lol - no tonly look/style but quality

schocker
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
R&R was bought out by the same company that brought 7fam back when they were in bankruptcy and decided to sell them as a budget brand at kohls in the us iirc. No more premium R&R.
I still like my R&Rs though but one keeps poking me in the knee and I can't figure out what is doing it.

chineywun
12-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Its a shame to see R&R hit the discount racks...they were awesome denim and fit very good...more of a clean cut jean with a nice pair of Puma's...

Oh well most brands have a shelf life...now jus on a cheaper shelf...lol

Come to think of it...the Rocks I did see at Sears and Costco were super basic...and looked almost knockoff...LOL

schocker
12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Ya they were always very nice. When I was in the states in the summer all the bigger stores like saks were clearing them for $60 but I made sure to choose other 'premium' brands :rofl:
I am still a big fan of rasts, I think I have about 6 pairs of different material mixes/colors/styles and they are all very nice. I also like my few trues but generally only pick up the multicolored pocked ones so they look different than the others.

Type_S1
12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by chineywun
Type_S1

True Religon jeans are the tackiest jeans on the market right now...come on dude...everyone and there lil kid is wearing em...True's were jeans like 3-4 years ago matched with your tacky Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier shirts and hoodies...LOL Why do you think TR are cheaper now...cuz there played out and still tacky

Diesel jeans such as the Krooley, Thavar etc are quality denim with a great wash/distress that makes them genuine and relatively exclusive, these jeans are baked in an oven to get the &quot;look&quot; that denim heads want...

Diesel owns the jean market...PRPS and Simon Miller also next on the list...and the forever Nudies...Naked and Famous are reppin pretty good too!!

I never said True Religion wasn't played out...I am simply commenting on your love for diesel jeans. Honest question...are you from the northeast?

Diesel is the most overpriced denim on the market and it is RARE to see people "rocking" them. You saying they own the jean market is laughable.

Jeans that I personally own? Rocks, Sevens, Trues, Rasts, Evisu, Nudies, Japan Blue, Boss to name a few.

Jeans I would actually recommend buying? Sevens, Rasts, Evisu(the non-flashy ones), Nudies I liked until a pair of mine shrunk HORRIBLY so I am now anti-nudie and Japan Blue(these are some of the nicest jeans I have ever worn and look amazing).

Jeans I think are terrible? Diesel, energie, Tavernitti, Rock Revival...anything with flashy beads or studs on the pockets.

Jeans I still want to try/buy? Citizins --> they have been growing on me when I see them and they have decent washed for a decent price+have heard good things.

LongCity
12-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
^^^

The second you said true religion is tacky but not diesel I LOL'd

Diesels are by far the gayest jeans on the market for the price range...only ever see brown guys from the hood rocking them.

You need to get out more...
How you even compare the two brands and group them together is beyond me.

LongCity
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM

I never said True Religion wasn't played out...I am simply commenting on your love for diesel jeans. Honest question...are you from the northeast?

Diesel is the most overpriced denim on the market and it is RARE to see people &quot;rocking&quot; them. You saying they own the jean market is laughable.

Jeans that I personally own? Rocks, Sevens, Trues, Rasts, Evisu, Nudies, Japan Blue, Boss to name a few.

Jeans I would actually recommend buying? Sevens, Rasts, Evisu(the non-flashy ones), Nudies I liked until a pair of mine shrunk HORRIBLY so I am now anti-nudie and Japan Blue(these are some of the nicest jeans I have ever worn and look amazing).

Jeans I think are terrible? Diesel, energie, Tavernitti, Rock Revival...anything with flashy beads or studs on the pockets.

Jeans I still want to try/buy? Citizins --&gt; they have been growing on me when I see them and they have decent washed for a decent price+have heard good things.

Yah... You need to get out more.

chineywun
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I just find that the premium Diesel jeans quality is one of the best jeans I have worn in quite sometime now...

I agree with the flashiness with rhinestones, beads, studs etc....ie some Tav's, Rock and Revival etc....

Ive gone thru jeans from Rocks, Trues, Rasts, Nudie, Levis (japanese denim) Diesel, Evisu (selvedge denim) Bape, BBC, and all have there pro's and con's some more than others....I just find as far as authenticity and quality, Diesel has branded themselves as a infamous jean...and washes just get better and better...Diesel has a specific market just as Nudie, Evisu and what not...I mean your always gonna find a crappy pair of Diesels sold to the average person or someone who just doesnt care...ie the NE guys LOL however most diesels are around $200-$350 which is not too bad

How did you shrink your Nudies...?? Did you put em in the dryer?? LOL It says hang dry and wash after 6 months of heavy wear in 40-6- degree water....

I to have a pair of Evisu - flashier with matching jean jacket - with the white diacock plastered on the back of the jeans and jacket...kinda over it now...but have it as a keepsake..lol

Totally not down with Energie, G-Star, Rock Revival...

Citizens I havent tried either...however they seem to be a nice soft denim, and are on the same lines as Seven Jeans...clean cut with nice dress shoes and a blazer...

I guess we just gotta buy a jean for every situation...lol

Hallowed_point
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Does anyone ever stop and think at how ridiculous this "premium denim" thing really is?? I mean, I like my G-Stars (on sale only :D ) but this jeans as a lifestyle baller bs $300
item thing is getting a little ridiculous imo :dunno:

chineywun
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Does anyone ever stop and think at how ridiculous this &quot;premium denim&quot; thing really is?? I mean, I like my G-Stars (on sale only :D ) but this jeans as a lifestyle baller bs $300
item thing is getting a little ridiculous imo :dunno:

Everyone has their own passion some like cars, some like jeans, some like cars and jeans...it is what it is...there must be a reason you like G-Stars...

Hallowed_point
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by chineywun

Everyone has their own passion some like cars, some like jeans, some like cars and jeans...it is what it is...there must be a reason you like G-Stars...

Oh for sure, I'm not disputing the styling of high end jeans .

What I'm saying is that I think it's pretty retarded to spend $300 + on trues etc just to look like a complete douchebag guido/hoodrich NE resident on the c train.

Type_S1
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

Yah... You need to get out more.

Lol...none of the rocks I own have any studs or anything on them. I think you need to get out more LOL...

I used to love rocks 3-5 years ago because they were the "in" jean but now I just wear the pairs I have left that didn't get holes ripped in the crotch. I personally will never buy another pair of rocks unless the quality comes back to them. :dunno:

As for chineywun...you seem to know your stuff and we definitely agree on most styles. Next time I am out shopping I will definitely check out some diesels to see if they aren't in my stereotype of people who wear them anymore.

As for my nudies...don't leave clothes in a hamper when you have a girl over and she thinks it would be nice to do your laundry and throws it all in the dryer(I hang dry all my denim). Shrinking a piar of nudies is not nice...along with a nice sweater as well...:facepalm:

LongCity
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Why do you think I need to get out more because your personal collection of jeans don't have rhinestones or studs in them?

You made your little list up there, not me.

flipstah
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Shrinking a piar of nudies is not nice...along with a nice sweater as well...:facepalm:

Been there. =(

My only Nudie's shrunk and now they're end at the ankle. Only looks sorta nice with either boots or flip-flops.

I'd probably get raw Levi's next time. Jeans are jeans and I got bigger stuff that I want to get.

chineywun
12-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Lol...none of the rocks I own have any studs or anything on them. I think you need to get out more LOL...

I used to love rocks 3-5 years ago because they were the &quot;in&quot; jean but now I just wear the pairs I have left that didn't get holes ripped in the crotch. I personally will never buy another pair of rocks unless the quality comes back to them. :dunno:

As for chineywun...you seem to know your stuff and we definitely agree on most styles. Next time I am out shopping I will definitely check out some diesels to see if they aren't in my stereotype of people who wear them anymore.

As for my nudies...don't leave clothes in a hamper when you have a girl over and she thinks it would be nice to do your laundry and throws it all in the dryer(I hang dry all my denim). Shrinking a piar of nudies is not nice...along with a nice sweater as well...:facepalm:

AWWW damn...the girl thinkin she doin a good deed, but in actuality she murdered ur jeans...hey u wanna kno what...lol I had a roommate that I was living with and when I do wash my jeans which is not very often cuz I have like 20 pairs, I decided u kno what...I should wash my jeans..so I did...in cold water of course, then went out for a bit and woke up the next morning with all my jeans sitting in basket...I was like wait a min...I kno I washed ALL my jeans but I know for sures I didnt hang dry em all yet...wtf?????? Yelled at the roomie, was like dude did u put all my jeans in the dryer...he is like yeah I did...they were in the wash machine and I needed to use it...I was like DUDE!!! u dried thousands of dollars worth of jeans...if they shrunk I get to break your face and u owe me for every pair that shrunk and dont fit...hes like dude u left them in the washer...I was like fuck dont touch shit that dont belong to you...or pull em out wet and leave em on the dryer...in the end...none really shrank at all...they all fit still....the moral of the story - your 1 Nudie jean could of been my 20 jeans...LOL

I was a tad stressed out...LOL

chineywun
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh and if your into slimmer jeans...check out the Diesel Krooleys or Thavar..I think Thanaz is good too...

12-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Diesel does own the jean market.... They have for quite some time. Pretty sure they were actually the first to come out with a $200+ jean.

GTI1671
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Nudie suck for denim. Naked and famous and APC makes way better denim.

EG6boi
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
Diesel does own the jean market.... They have for quite some time. Pretty sure they were actually the first to come out with a $200+ jean.

He's right. They've been in the denim industry for longer than any of the brands in the market today (besides Levi). Anybody that works in the retail industry, all know how well Diesel denim are manufactured; by far one of the best quality denims out there.

chineywun
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah Diesel has been around for a long time and have only gotten better...I remember when Diesel jeans were MAX $160...I used to buy em at a boutique called "Main Street Clothing on Center St...

Do any of you guys remember buying BIG STAR jeans...lol they had the 1976 metal patch on the back right hand side to put your belt thru!! lol Those jeans were the shit back in the day...they were $150 a pair standard pricing...and in that day we used to wera the Indian Motorcycle sweaters and would tuck em in the jeans to show the 1976 buckle at the back of the jean....oh those were the days....lol

Replay was another hot jean back then...

K3RMiTdot
12-08-2011, 11:51 PM
i love diesel jeans, majority of them arent too flashy.

if some of you dont mind sharing, where do you get your diesel jeans?

EG6boi
12-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

Underground Clothing, Urban, and Heroes are the main three I know of.

chineywun
12-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

If you are buying Diesel, I would recommend ONLY going to Urban in TD Square or Heroes in Chinook...Underground is GAY everything they sell there is mainstream and there is no "one of a kind" there...its weak...they dont carry any premium denim there at all...all the Diesels there are ugly as shit...

If you are looking for nice Diesels, try the Krooley, Thavars, Thanaz - they are a slimmer fit but the wash is amazing...try to stick with the independent shops rather than the chain stores ie: Underground