PDA

View Full Version : Help me find my old car beyond

Shlade
10-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Ever had some seriously bad sellers remorse? I do and its eating me up inside.

Weird how a piece of medal can mean so much to you.

Im looking for a 08 Black Bullitt mustang. The serial number is 4328 on the strut brace. Its got some suspension mods such as steeda springs, panhard bar, and lower control arms. Running a full exhaust with BBK Longtube headers and offroad xpipe.

I posted a link on kijiji trying to see if the new owner maybe keeps an eye on that site and posted to email me if found.

Where else could I go to? It got traded in to Canyon Creek Toyota but I do not want to go and try and get information out of them as im sure they will not release it.

Any help trying to source this car out or know the current owner please pm me.

Thanks guys

Some pics to help
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/37389_10150201593505694_725350693_13270990_1339104_n.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/24951_378797632636_512437636_385249.jpg

M.alex
10-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Buy another one and mod it ... but not black this time so it's easier to detail, lol.

dirtsniffer
10-29-2011, 12:14 PM
i prefer black to the green. good luck op

Shlade
10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
yeah detailing it was a bitch but it was worth it sometimes when it was nice and shiny haha.

Thanks Dirt, hoopefully I do find it. If not its not too big of a deal. I Figured mine aswell try and track it down and see if the new owner is willing to let it go for the right price.

leftwing
10-29-2011, 02:50 PM
shot in the dark, but I seen one that looked pretty close to this in edmonton last summer. license plate was something like "08bullit"

edit: why not call canyon creek? the worst case scenario is they say no they wont release any info...

btimbit
10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

edit: why not call canyon creek? the worst case scenario is they say no they wont release any info...

They won't, unfortunately. Maybe they would in the states but here we have a lot more privacy laws for that sort of thing.

Good luck OP!

rob the knob
10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
can you not run the vi number and then know what province it is in

then you can focus on car forums in that area?

Disoblige
10-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I'd feel more seller's remorse on the Cobra haha :D

Cos
10-29-2011, 05:53 PM
You told me the it was a lemon? Why would you want it back?

97luder
10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
do you have the vin ? maybe a try doing a car fax ?? not sure if you can get some ones name from that or not

Shlade
10-29-2011, 07:06 PM
It was/is a lemon Cos haha. Still loved the car haha it was one of those love hate relationship things.

Id more so like to find the owner and talk to him about the car. Im pretty sure I have the VIN in some old paperwork from the car that I can dig up. Ill have to try and run a carfax.

Shlade
10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I'd feel more seller's remorse on the Cobra haha :D

I know where the car is though haha. I can atleast keep an eye on it and see what kind of progress Cos makes on it! The cobra for me was just bad timing unfortunately. Ill have another one some day

spacerz
10-29-2011, 07:19 PM
I ran a vehicle history report at the registry about 2-3 months ago with the vin number to check for leins, etc. The current owner's name did show up on the report, no address or anything like that though. Maybe try that and then search the name (if one shows up in the history report) on facebook or something like that.

max_boost
10-29-2011, 07:57 PM
It's ok brah, we need to learn to let go.

I felt the same way after I sold my SLK and almost bought another mint condition one but in the end, I just let it go. lol

Disoblige
10-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
... but in the end, I just let it go. lol
Yeah right!

coughavatarcough

:confused:

max_boost
10-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Yeah right!

coughavatarcough

:confused: :cry:

Nakadah
10-29-2011, 10:26 PM
If I understand it correctly you have traded in the car to big dealership. It is likely that the new owner is financing it which means that it has a lien on it. Run a lien search from the registry and the name will pop up. From there you need a little creativity...

Are you sure that the current owner will want to sell it though?:confused:

Shlade
10-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Nakadah
If I understand it correctly you have traded in the car to big dealership. It is likely that the new owner is financing it which means that it has a lien on it. Run a lien search from the registry and the name will pop up. From there you need a little creativity...

Are you sure that the current owner will want to sell it though?:confused:

Doubt the owner will want to sell it. Not unless I pulled some papa johns shit and gave him 250k like he did for his old camaro.

Ill talk to the dealership next week and see what I can do.

M.alex
10-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
It was/is a lemon Cos haha.

Elaborate? :confused:

Shlade
10-30-2011, 02:11 PM
got it with 5k on the clock, transmission had issues (TSB from FORD was able to get fixed under warranty) Basically a cold grind from 2-3-4 gear.

Got it fixed, about 8-9k later issues arose again, suspension started becoming an issue (was dropped on springs but stock shocks) The shocks that ford put in the bullitt were a bit more revised so I thought I didnt have to worry. The lower control arms I replaced started squeaking for some reason. Pretty sure the ball joints were going. Had a mad exhaust rattle from the xpipe could never figure out what was wrong with it..

Just stupid minor things. Oh yeah, The car also had started itself in the garage (remote start and remote was on my pocket) turned on and jump started and stalled out hitting my brick wall (fuck me that was a bad day) Just a small ding tho luckily the plastic shelf infront of it took all the damage haha.

The more im thinking about it the more Im wondering wtf im thinking haha. I just wanna get a hold of the new owner and see how its treating him. Would love to get hands on a highland green one.

Cos
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Dont take this wrong way. I know you mean well but what is your plan if you do get in touch with the owner? Maybe he doesnt want to hear from you? If you were willing to buy it back it would be weird enough but calling to see how the car is being treated? I know you mean well and I know EXACTLY what is going through your head, but this guy bought it from a dealer, not you, so to have a guy find him would creep me out a bit. Let alone if all he wanted to do was to check on his car.

I only intend to keep you up with what I am doing on Beyond or if we run into each other. I am not going to bring the car over for visits to your place. Lol

Edit: another thing to think about, what if you track this guy down and he meets up with you. What if he is treating the car like shit? What are you going to do? It isnt your car anymore unless you buy it back from him.

Now if you wanted to find another Bullit that I would understand but trying to find THIS exact car? I dunno.

ekguy
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
i understand this all too well. Sold my mint 88 fc to some idiot kid back home. Last i heard it was covered in decals and rusted out.

I'd say at least track it down and see how the ole girl is.

Shlade
10-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Dont take this wrong way. I know you mean well but what is your plan if you do get in touch with the owner? Maybe he doesnt want to hear from you? If you were willing to buy it back it would be weird enough but calling to see how the car is being treated? I know you mean well and I know EXACTLY what is going through your head, but this guy bought it from a dealer, not you, so to have a guy find him would creep me out a bit. Let alone if all he wanted to do was to check on his car.

I only intend to keep you up with what I am doing on Beyond or if we run into each other. I am not going to bring the car over for visits to your place. Lol

Edit: another thing to think about, what if you track this guy down and he meets up with you. What if he is treating the car like shit? What are you going to do? It isnt your car anymore unless you buy it back from him.

Now if you wanted to find another Bullit that I would understand but trying to find THIS exact car? I dunno.

Haha aside from beyond or me running into u somewhere I dont expect us to talk to eachother much lol. Business is business haha no friendship.

If I get a hold of the owner and he lets it go for the right price (if he does) ill buy it back off him.

I dont care how he treated it. Not like I didnt hammer on the car every now and then. Cars are meant to be driven no? Itd be sweet if I could buy it back tho and do the work I wanted to do on it.

if that doesnt work ill search around Canada for the right one :thumbsup:

Cos
10-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Ah sorry it sounded like originally you wanted to buy it off him then decided you just wanted to 'check in on it' like randomly cold call the guy and hang out. Haha

Shlade
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
haha no... Yeah that would be weird hahaha

Gibson
10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I went through this same thing when I sold my Skyline. Let it go because of the direction life had taken me and every day since then I've wondered why.

Fortunately, I could easily contact the guy who I sold it to.

My car went from this when I had it:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1291/4679597998_265788fa88_z.jpg

to this:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6157/6157445712_90a652957c_b.jpg

Guy drives it hard. At first I was pissed because, who buys a sedan and then rips out the interior and puts a roll cage in it? But at least the car's being driven, and he has a lot of fun with it. I'd rather see it that way than as a garage queen.

I used to dream about buying it back and making it perfect just the way I wanted it, so when I saw it the way it is today I was kinda sad. But it also gave me some closure because I wasn't wondering about where it was all the time.

Shlade
10-30-2011, 02:52 PM
yeah its a bummer. Theres a few cars I seriously regret selling. Young and stupid I suppose. Buddy of mine while in highschool bought a highland green 08 Bullitt and has had it since. hes got such a special connection to the car that he got it tattooed on his ribs with the serial number on the car. Hes never getting rid of it. The amount of things hes been threw with that car I wouldnt want to either.

Wish I could go back in time lol

Shlade
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
used to be a bad ass car lol
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/216209_10150551031770694_725350693_18241566_7290391_n.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/217345_10150558246755694_725350693_18332277_5247230_n.jpg

Cos
10-30-2011, 03:06 PM
So just out of curiosity, why do you like it better than the cobra? The bullits are sexy as fuck though.

Shlade
10-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Cos
So just out of curiosity, why do you like it better than the cobra? The bullits are sexy as fuck though.

Interior, and overall newer style comfort.

The Cobra wasnt as comfy to drive. Given it was a shit load faster but the Bullitt was just "cooler" in the sence with all its movie history and what not. Just felt pretty cool to be driving such a disguised car with no badges. Nobody knew wether it was a V8 or V6 till i started it up ahha

03ozwhip
10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
not to hijack your thread but i was thinking the same thing, not that i want it back, jsut wondered how it was, and WALA, some random guy popped up on FB as someone "i might know" and there it was, my old Monte Carlo SS.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/soldmonte.jpg

Shlade
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
dude that carlo looks so sick

Everybody should just post things in here of the car they sold and regret selling haha! Be pretty sweet to know peoples stories!

Cos
10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I like it!

Only two I regret selling thus far:

1.) I didnt really sell this one, more drove it into the ground and gave it away. Stupid stupid idea. 1982 Toyota Celica GT-S. Had everything, sunroof, power locks/windows, Tape stereo, cruise. :( My dad bought it new from Heninger in 1981. Had been in the family until I wrecked it.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/thecosworth/ad_toyota_celica_liftback_silver_wind_19821.jpg

2.) 1998 Honda VTR-1000F (Firestorm). 1000CC V-Twin bike. Way too big for me and I was an idiot back then (18 or 19) How I never went down or crashed I dont know. Would be nice to have now but glad I got rid of it.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/thecosworth/200160_108470732564985_100002061771824_76021_5526912_n.jpg

Nakadah
10-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Shlade,

I don't think that the current owner will want to sell the car at a "right price". If someone pops onto my door claiming that my current car is their old car and they want it back all I will be thinking of is how much more I will get for the car.

Also, since you say it has had so many problems imagine what the current owner will do when they see you. I mean they will hate you from the minute they see you!

Since we are on the topic though, I am having hard time processing the thought that I sold my Mazda. Hope it is for the best...

max_boost
10-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Shlade,

I don't think that the current owner will want to sell the car at a "right price". If someone pops onto my door claiming that my current car is their old car and they want it back all I will be thinking of is how much more I will get for the car.

Also, since you say it has had so many problems imagine what the current owner will do when they see you. I mean they will hate you from the minute they see you!

Since we are on the topic though, I am having hard time processing the thought that I sold my Mazda. Hope it is for the best...

What you sold the speed?!

Nakadah
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
^^ Yes, this week... Dude came to take it late at night :(

Shlade
10-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Shlade,

Honestly though, It was issues that a normal person would not have noticed. Honestly, my dad and friends never had an issue with it.

Im VERY VERY VERY car OCD. I notice everything on the car, hear every little noise, know what something should sound like, and what something shouldnt sound like.

It just came down to me going absolutely insane (plus it was my summer DD)

Made things annoying lol. Unless another insane gearhead got it I doubt hell have issues with me haha

Chantastic
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
If I ever did sell my car, I'd want to sell it to someone far, far away. That way I wouldn't ever get remorse seeing it on the road being driven by someone else. And I would HATE to see it become a ghetto drift car with those body kits like on that skyline posted. I'd rather know it was garaged and not even driven than be subject to that.

That being said, we used to have an '88 Dodge Aries, Olympic Edition. White, blue vinyl interior, and it made an awesome sound when you floored it. Bought it from a doctor a few years after I was born. Sold it to our neighbor's daughter down the street in 2003, with barely even 90k on it. It was literally a grocery getter, but it was awesome. Within a month it was totaled :(. I'm glad I never saw it post crash.

Rat Fink
10-30-2011, 09:40 PM

Abeo
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Sold it to a buddy to pay off my student debt. Was rusty, and I knew it was time to let it go.... but was it ever fantastic to drive and own. Did all the work myself on it, from the engine swap to the alignments. Its good to know its in good hands, but I moved on.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8733/85939154.jpg

edit: I get kind of sad looking at that pic again :/

01RedDX
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM

Kardon
10-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I miss my Aristo QQ

SJW
10-31-2011, 07:49 AM
I see a bullit mustang in behind Spolumbos every so often.

03ozwhip
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Lol are you saying u'allah or voila? Just curious haha

And after 12 years, I still want my FC back.

um...wala? :D maybe i didnt spell it right, since i dont think ive ever had to spell it before lol

A790
10-31-2011, 08:55 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/21nmjb8.jpg

I miss her every spring/summer :(

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
This is why I won't ever sell my 2000 prelude. Owned it since new, still looks mint, couldn't stand to see it get beat on by some dumb kid lol

It's nothing "special" in car terms but I've had it so long and done so much in it over the past decade + that I'd miss it if it was gone. I only drove it 3 times this year but even if I don't ever drive it again I still wouldn't sell it.

Sugarphreak
10-31-2011, 12:43 PM

TacoMexicano
10-31-2011, 01:26 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/Sanudo/DSC03616.jpg

As much as I'm loving the new Jeep, I still miss this car every year. 7 years with it, everyone knew me by it...

reiRei
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
This is why I won't ever sell my 2000 prelude. Owned it since new, still looks mint, couldn't stand to see it get beat on by some dumb kid lol

It's nothing "special" in car terms but I've had it so long and done so much in it over the past decade + that I'd miss it if it was gone. I only drove it 3 times this year but even if I don't ever drive it again I still wouldn't sell it.

Thank you! You have justified exactly why I will never ever sell my Lancer... She is my very first car, and the reason why I met my husband.. lots of memories, good times and good accomplishments attached to her.. My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting to keep the car.

Euro_Trash
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
My wife is getting tired of me moping about my Jeep Cherokee I sold a few years back. If I saw it for sale today I would probably buy it back (5" suspension lift, bushwhacker flares, 33" tires... man I loved that thing)

Chantastic
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by reiRei

Thank you! You have justified exactly why I will never ever sell my Lancer... She is my very first car, and the reason why I met my husband.. lots of memories, good times and good accomplishments attached to her.. My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting to keep the car.

Can you elaborate on how you met your husband through your car? I am curious!

reiRei
11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic

Can you elaborate on how you met your husband through your car? I am curious!

When I bought my car I joined MitsuNation.net.. and we started talking from there, he drives an '05 Lancer Ralliart, so it was that common interest in the car that brought us together.. our engagement photos feature the cars quite prominently :D

Sugarphreak
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM

darthVWader
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by SJW
in behind Spolumbos every so often.

Hunting for Backdoor Italian sausage?

SJW
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader

Hunting for Backdoor Italian sausage?

No but their parmigana sammich is tasty. As a plus my favorite gun store is just down the street.

max_boost
11-01-2011, 03:58 PM

When I bought my car I joined MitsuNation.net.. and we started talking from there, he drives an '05 Lancer Ralliart, so it was that common interest in the car that brought us together.. our engagement photos feature the cars quite prominently :D

Nice.

Car forum romance stories are just so :love: :love: :love:

Chantastic
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Haha thanks for sharing. I understand why you wouldn't want to sell. Something about Lancer's really do bond people. My brother has one and I remember he always used to park next to a car identical to his and they never met each other for a long time. One day he saw a note on his windshield wiper that said 'nice car' - lancer girl

reiRei
11-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Nice.

Car forum romance stories are just so :love: :love: :love:

lol, for the most part.. not so :love: :love: :love: when we bicker about who's car goes faster...

Originally posted by Chantastic

Haha thanks for sharing. I understand why you wouldn't want to sell. Something about Lancer's really do bond people. My brother has one and I remember he always used to park next to a car identical to his and they never met each other for a long time. One day he saw a note on his windshield wiper that said 'nice car' - lancer girl

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is about the car.. maybe just the attitude of some owners that you encounter..

:hijack:

sorry for hijacking the thread.. haha

Cos
11-01-2011, 04:46 PM

lol, for the most part.. not so :love: :love: :love: when we bicker about who's car goes faster...

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is about the car.. maybe just the attitude of some owners that you encounter..

:hijack:

sorry for hijacking the thread.. haha

Lol there were lots of good friendships made on MN.

JRSC00LUDE
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Lol there were lots of good friendships made on MN.

I remember both of you from that one DTP I was in because of your crazy mitsu gang lol

reiRei
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I remember both of you from that one DTP I was in because of your crazy mitsu gang lol

lol bwhaha, now we'll be part of a crazy Ford gang...

clem24
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
LOL I know where my first car is... For sale again. But lucky for me, seller was generous enough to let me drive it one last time before he sold it. I was trembling and my heart was racing after driving it; it was freakin' awesome, especially as some upgrades were put in and most issues fix. It's too bad that it just makes no sense whatsoever to buy it back, even at less than what I sold it for.

black300
09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't think this is the car, but kinda of similar

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2008-Ford-Mustang-BULLITT-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ410347145

Shlade
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
looked identical to that... Unless the owner decided to switch the steeda springs and bbk longtube headers and offroad xpipe to the kooks and FRPP springs dont think thats the car..

black300
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Just buy this one, closest you'll ever get to having a car like you had.:nut:

Shlade
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
haha not even looking anymore... Trying to sell everything off and go travelling lol