PDA

View Full Version : WTB: New Roof

cidley69
10-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Any roofers on here?

I plan to put a new roof on myself and need shingles. Anyone here have a hook-up or know the best place to buy them retail?

Ideally a roofer who gets them wholesale could sell them to me cheaper than the store and still make a mark-up for themselves.

I've heard roofmart is good, anyone know a better place?

Any thoughts?

Kobe
11-04-2011, 12:19 AM
If you dont get an answer by tomorrow, send me a PM, my buddy roofs full time, and I go help him do sidejobs sometimes.. If you wanna pay, we can do it for pretty cheap..

cidley69
11-04-2011, 07:40 AM
I've priced out material.

Roofmart will deliver 30 year architectural shingles onto my roof (with everything else needed: tar paper, ice guard, drip edger, nails, 2 large whirlybirds, etc) for $1800 all in including tax.

The roof is a simple single peak bungalow, each side is 15' x 44' for a total of 1320 sq ft.

Kobe, can you ask your buddy how much he'd charge to install my roof?

I am still in the market for a bin for my tear off, anyone on here have a connection or rent out garbage bins?

90accord
11-04-2011, 10:22 PM
try L. Brown trucking i beleive has bins for a really good rate as he is owner operator...

Lucky97
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
check out done right roofing.

InRich
11-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
I've priced out material.

Roofmart will deliver 30 year architectural shingles onto my roof (with everything else needed: tar paper, ice guard, drip edger, nails, 2 large whirlybirds, etc) for $1800 all in including tax.

The roof is a simple single peak bungalow, each side is 15' x 44' for a total of 1320 sq ft.

Kobe, can you ask your buddy how much he'd charge to install my roof?

I am still in the market for a bin for my tear off, anyone on here have a connection or rent out garbage bins?

hey listen. my company does like 70 roofs a year, I have an account at roofmart, I have no problem ordering whatever you like ... just meet me there with cash. I can get you the their LIFETIME shingles for around 22/bundle. pm mew your number. we can order it monday.

let me know when you want to hook up.

edit I can also get you a bin.

1RaZoR1
11-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Also check out Enercon Products down in riverbend douglasdale area. They carry everything you need to re-roof you place with and they deliver as well.

I know they got some shingles on sale too.

project240
11-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I reshingled our roof this summer. I bought Malarkey Legacy (50 yr shingles) from a contractor for $14 or $16/bundle delivered to the rooftop. I think they normally sell for double or more, not including delivery. I was told they couldn't be sold at retail because they had been sitting in a trailer or warehouse for too long, but he said we'd have no trouble with them.

I'm thrilled with the amount we saved and haven't had any problems at all. Inrich... how'd I do (keep in mind I've never shingled a roof before in my life)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Oct14StoveTreehouse020.jpg

InRich
11-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by project240
I reshingled our roof this summer. I bought Malarkey Legacy (50 yr shingles) from a contractor for $14 or $16/bundle delivered to the rooftop. I think they normally sell for double or more, not including delivery. I was told they couldn't be sold at retail because they had been sitting in a trailer or warehouse for too long, but he said we'd have no trouble with them.

I'm thrilled with the amount we saved and haven't had any problems at all. Inrich... how'd I do (keep in mind I've never shingled a roof before in my life)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Oct14StoveTreehouse020.jpg

looks great... and oh man did you ever get a deal! Those are some of the most expensive shingles you can get. good job!

cidley69
11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
That's a great deal, can you pm his info so I can ask if he has anymore?

btw, is that house in redwood meadows?

nice job on the roof.

rvd
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Try sparmarathonroofing.com

project240
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
That's a great deal, can you pm his info so I can ask if he has anymore?

btw, is that house in redwood meadows?

nice job on the roof.

I'm not even sure if I have it anymore... actually I probably have the invoice somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it was a one time deal. He mentioned the company being under new ownership and had to clear out some stuff. We needed 4300 sqft and he just happened to have 4500 sqft of this stuff, plus a few thousand sqft of a couple other types. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it and had it delivered the next day.

Yes, we live out in Redwood.

The roof was a "fun" project. I did 90% of the work by myself and was incredibly lucky it didn't rain a single day while I had no roof. It was a bit of a learning process obviously, but saved about $8000+ in labour costs and bought myself a tandem axle trailer in the process.