PDA

View Full Version : Insurance inspection needed!

Hallowed_point
10-31-2011, 08:57 PM
So getting tired of dealing with the clowns on kijiji who dont show up or return calls. Any beyonders do mobile in province inspections? Or I can come to your shop doesnt matter. The car is alberta reg carproofed etc it will def pass. I have cash,. hoping to get this done tomorrow after work or asap.

Abeo
10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
I had good luck with the minit lube on MacLeod... but really, any shop should be able to do it

btimbit
10-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Any shop will most likely be able to get to it right away. If you live in the south, I highly recommend the Minute Muffler behind the Fish Creek train station

Hallowed_point
10-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Ok thanks Ill check those places out any of these open lateish?

J-hop
11-01-2011, 06:49 AM
With these mobile inspection guys or guys off kijiji, how do they do a proper inspection without getting the car up on a lift, do they just guess what's under there? I'll need an inspection soon and I'd rather no take it to a shop and risk them scratching a new paint job so i'd rather a mobile guy but not if they do have assed jobs. Do they jack up the car at all or throw it on ramps?

G-ZUS
11-01-2011, 08:01 AM
If you live in the north, I highly recommend the Minute Muffler on 32nd Ave.

Hallowed_point
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Done today :closed: Thanks all!

raceman6135
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Where did you get it done? Were the guys pretty good, or did they try to sell you a bunch of parts & services in order for it to pass? (Have heard a few horror stories about that.)

I'll be in the market for an OoPI soon, so I appreciate any info you share.

Hallowed_point
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm PM you raceman :thumbsup:

master hec0
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
With these mobile inspection guys or guys off kijiji, how do they do a proper inspection without getting the car up on a lift, do they just guess what's under there? I'll need an inspection soon and I'd rather no take it to a shop and risk them scratching a new paint job so i'd rather a mobile guy but not if they do have assed jobs. Do they jack up the car at all or throw it on ramps?

all lights work horn work E brake. check check check ect.....

J-hop
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by master hec0

all lights work horn work E brake. check check check ect.....

They should be checking for structural integrity as well though. You cant really tell the condition of a vehicle until you get under it, the last inspection I had done they noted wheel bearing play as well.

Looks like I'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place, I'd rather a tech do everything they can to try to fail my vehicle and have to pay twice than have them pass a vehicle that shouldn't pass or is borderline. Not that my project car would ever fail an inspection but I'd rather know I did everything possible to make sure it's safe.

btimbit
11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

They should be checking for structural integrity as well though. You cant really tell the condition of a vehicle until you get under it, the last inspection I had done they noted wheel bearing play as well.

Looks like I'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place, I'd rather a tech do everything they can to try to fail my vehicle and have to pay twice than have them pass a vehicle that shouldn't pass or is borderline. Not that my project car would ever fail an inspection but I'd rather know I did everything possible to make sure it's safe.

They should, but they don't. They check that it runs, lights work, maybe the windshield, that's pretty much it. If you actually want to know what's wrong with the car, go to a honest reputable shop. Like I mentioned earlier, go to minute muffler. $80, and they'll actually make sure it's a good car, without bullshitting you and getting you to buy a bunch of crap.

raceman6135
11-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I'm PM you raceman :thumbsup:

Thanks very much, HP!