PDA

View Full Version : The Return of my Winter "Friends"

project240
11-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Last winter I posted some pictures of some deer that live in and around our yard. Over the summer they disappeared, but they're back tonight (well one at least).

I was outside cleaning up a couple things and heard a rumble in the trees. Looked around and saw this guy 15 ft away. Ran inside and grabbed my camera and a snack for him.

I didn't zoom in at all on any of these pictures...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Nov1Deer003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Nov1Deer004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Nov1Deer005.jpg

I know I shouldn't, but this was me feeding him raisin bread... he ate right out of my hand.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Nov1Deer006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/project240/Nov1Deer007.jpg

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Enjoy!

D'z Nutz
11-01-2011, 11:08 PM
That is so cool!

Grogador
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Tasty lil buck! Be careful, those hooves and antlers can cause serious damage...

jdmXSI
11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
You sir are both brave and lucky! I remember when I was a kid, I got kicked by a deer in waterton park when it realized that I wasn't goin to feed it any longer.

Cool pics none the less!

shakalaka
11-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I come across so many deers around here, it's ridiculous. Wouldn't feed them though, apparently they never leave then.

Hakkola
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Wicked! I had a staring contest with a doe and 2 fawns last night outside of my house, literally stared at them for like 3 minutes.

Next time I'll try feeding them maybe haha.

There was a moose in my neighbours yard once, eating the flowers I was supposed to be taking care of.

What area are you in?

dirtsniffer
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
you did the wrong type of shooting...

Guillermo
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
^^i was just gonna say, venison is delicious :drool:

n1zm0
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM
you know he's gonna tell his friends to come everynight now

'ha guys this human has this mfking raisinbread, zomg mind-blown'

nismodrifter
11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Deers in my yard are getting mad gangsta. Fukin stare me down when they see me. They don't even flinch when I try and scare them away with noise. Bastards shit everywhere too.

almerick
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
You sir are both brave and lucky!

:werd: I don't think I would ever go that close to a deer

Speed_69
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I always wondered if deer attack people. I went hiking last summer at Mount Yamnuska and had an encounter with a female deer about 20 ft away. None of us knew if they attacked people so we just went another route.

flipstah
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
That a huge antler! :eek:

Hallowed_point
11-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by almerick

:werd: I don't think I would ever go that close to a deer

:werd: :guns: if that thing came that close to me, friendly looking or not, those are some bigass antlers!!

JordanEG6
11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I used to like deer, until...

xL9xCWphV8s

dirtsniffer
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
^^LOL

Originally posted by flipstah
That a huge antler! :eek:

:nut:

C_Dave45
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Nice!! 8-point Muley! I love having them in the yard. The wife
counted 9 in our yard last week. But they always come so damn late. Around 3 am usually. I bought feed corn from Bass Pro for them and throw that around. I'm gonna buy a trail cam this year to get some pics!!
You just keep teasing me to move out there dontcha Harlan?!! Lol.
Beautiful pictures.

Have you found any of their "sheds" around your yard? Our dog LOVES deer antlers!!

Feruk
11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
From the title, I thought the thread was gonna be about crabs.

Kavy
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
From the title, I thought the thread was gonna be about crabs.

Well Done. :rofl:

Xtrema
11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Wouldn't feed them though, apparently they never leave then.

Like IT guys.

:D

project240
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
You sir are both brave and lucky!

The deer out here are incredibly tame and I was outside alone, without our dog (who usually gets them riled up). Also, this guy was roaming by himself, but I've got some pictures from last year of me outside with 6 or 8 surrounding me in our yard. I've never felt "threatened" at all by them, but I've also never been given a reason to.

Originally posted by Hakkola
Wicked! I had a staring contest with a doe and 2 fawns last night outside of my house, literally stared at them for like 3 minutes.

Next time I'll try feeding them maybe haha.

There was a moose in my neighbours yard once, eating the flowers I was supposed to be taking care of.

What area are you in?

We live outside the city in the Bragg Creek area.

Originally posted by n1zm0
you know he's gonna tell his friends to come everynight now

'ha guys this human has this mfking raisinbread, zomg mind-blown'

I wouldn't mind that at all. I enjoy seeing them.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
Nice!! 8-point Muley! I love having them in the yard. The wife
counted 9 in our yard last week. But they always come so damn late. Around 3 am usually. I bought feed corn from Bass Pro for them and throw that around. I'm gonna buy a trail cam this year to get some pics!!
You just keep teasing me to move out there dontcha Harlan?!! Lol.
Beautiful pictures.

Have you found any of their "sheds" around your yard? Our dog LOVES deer antlers!!

I do my best Dave! Lots of choice right now and incredibly relaxing out here... I really enjoy seeing them around. They basically disappeared throughout the summer, but now that the weather is getting a bit colder, I'm starting to see quite a few almost on a daily basis. These pictures were from about 10:30 last night.

I know you're not really supposed to feed them, however, I'll probably pick up some feed for them throughout the winter.

Haven't found any antler around, but I'll keep looking on our walks.