PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommended contractors for rennos (multiple diciplines)

JDMMAN
11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm looking at doing some rennos/remodelling soon and need the following done. Any recommendation for the various subcontractors or a good general contractor with reasonable rates?

Subs required:
- Plumber
- Cabinet installer
- Flooring - Tile
- Electrician (potentially)
- Drywaller + framer
- Painter(s)

General House:

(a) Painting walls of entire house (paint supplied)
(i) Removal of baseboards - refinishing/re-install will be done myself
(ii) Refinishing/painting existing door frame mouldings/frames + doors. (paint supplied)
(iii) Staining of window frames (stain supplied)
(b) Changing out all the electrical outlet/switch faceplates to different colour + install gaskets.

Kitchen:
(a) Demo & removal of current kitchen cabinets, installation of new Ikea kitchen cabinets - cabinets will be pre-assembled by me. (including plumbing related to removal of old sink and hook-up of new sink - copper piping, garberator removal/reinstall and finally dishwasher re-install)
(i) Installation of undercabinet lighting (LED)

(b) Build + paint bulkhead above cabinets to ceiling (hiding the ventillation of range hood.)
(i) Installed supply pot lighting above sink "nook" area

(c) Installed supplied range hood + ventillation of range hood exhaust out the side of the house.

(d) Kitchen tile + backsplash (removal of existing and install of new tile)

(e) Potential installation of gas line for gas range

Entrance:
(a) Re-tiling current entrance extending the tile.

Bathrooms:
[Main]
(a) Removal of current sink/vanity set-up. Installation of new supplied sink cabinet + sink + facet
(b) Removal of mirror/cabinet, installation of new supplied mirror
(c) Removal of existing tile around tub/shower, installation of new tile to ceiling.
(d) Removal of existing tub/shower facet & showerhead
(e) Removal of linoleum & installation of floor tiles
(f) Removal & installation of new exhaust fans in ceiling.
(g) Removal of existing lighting and installation of new lighting.

[Master Ensuite]
(a) Removal of current sink/vanity set-up. Relocation & installation of new supplied sink cabinet + sink + facet.
(b) Removal of wall + door separating the tub/toilet from the sink area.
(c) Creating new wall to seal the bathroom off.
(d) Installation of pocket door to access bathroom from walk-in closet.
(e) Removal of carpet/lino flooring in the current bathroom area, installation of new tile flooring.
(f) Removal of existing tile surround from tub/shower, removal of tub and installation of new tile/frameless glass shower.
(g) Removal of existing toilet and installation of new toilet (new).
(h) Removal of existing door & frame and extend opening to walk-in closet.

JordanLotoski
11-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Call rob at stone bridge crafted homes

http://stonebridgecraftedhomes.com/

Tell him I sent you

yellowsnow
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Call Pierre at PLR Painting. He painted my whole townhouse, changed my baseboards, repainted my door moldings and also my kitchen backsplash.

Great guy and has really really good prices. Quality work too. Tell him Brian Yu referred you! I called around 10 painters, and he was the cheapest and most professional.

403-803-0476

heavyfuel
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Call Nathan/Peerless for the cabinets, 403-690-1148. Great work.

JDMMAN
11-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for all the leads guys :thumbsup: I'll definately have some before and after photos.

90accord
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Call Stonewater homes! Or for quality electrical call Winchester electric!