PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men or The Sopranos?

Guillermo
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
OK Guys,

which is better, Mad Men or The Sopranos?

dandia89
11-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the start of mad men was amazing, it was so smart, you actually had to pay attention to the dialogue and it was a good representation of that time (from what i hear). Now it seems like it's a soap opera for men.

Sopranos is an interesting show with a decent story, but the concept has been overdone

beecue
11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I just finished the first season of Mad Men the other day. It's alright but definitely not the same caliber as the Sopranos, Wire and Breaking Bad for me. I might continue to watch because my friend says season 3 is the best tv he has ever watched. :dunno:

Cos
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Mad Men after you get past season 2. Season 1/2 are boring until you figure out what the hell is going on then they become good.

Soprano's was good but I started to get really tired of the therapist scenes.

03ozwhip
11-02-2011, 04:52 PM
what is mad men about?

calgarydub
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
I think the start of mad men was amazing, it was so smart, you actually had to pay attention to the dialogue and it was a good representation of that time (from what i hear). Now it seems like it's a soap opera for men.

Sopranos is an interesting show with a decent story, but the concept has been overdone

The mafia will NEVER be overdone, ever.

You want overdone.... turn on any cable channel and find women police officers with super powers. Now that's what I call overdone.

jsn
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
^^:werd: I love mafia movies. I actually just started the sopranos and am only on the first season. So far I think it's great.

D'z Nutz
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Both are really good series; I don't think I can pick one over the other.

However, the final season of The Sopranos could've been done without and the first season of Mad Men was slow to get going.

BlackRadon
11-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I've never seen mad men before. I was gonna buy the seasons when hmv had a great sale on box sets but I opted to get all of the Seinfeld seasons instead haha. I really like Sopranos so that's where my vote goes. I'll have to check out mad men tho.

Guillermo
11-02-2011, 10:04 PM
thanks for the replies guys. we ended up watching the sopranos tonight, just the first 2 episodes. it seems really good so far, but it's really different than what I was expecting it to be. i was expecting more of an action drama type cops and robbers show (like the wire kinda), but it's a lot more mellow and "normal" than that. and really quite comical, which I like. :thumbsup:

dandia89
11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
im surprised people think the first seasons of mad men sucked. the ending to season 4 was so stupid. i think the best season is 3 but close behind is 2

Hallowed_point
11-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Sopranos, but above all else Miami Vice!! That show is awesome why dont they make TV like that anymore :dunno:

Marsh
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Their both great shows, but Soprano's from start to end is truly a brilliant show, hardly a show out there thats rivalled it. David Chase is a genius

BlackRadon
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I watch Soprano's every morning A&E, they usually have two episodes on. Seems like a lot of shows are hit and miss these days. Also, i find if dont like a tv show at first, maybe i saw an off episode or something, i got back and watch it from the start. I didn't like Soprano's at first but I do now. Like what marsh said it's a great all round show.

treg50
11-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Stupid poll question. Both shows are good. Watch BOTH.

Sopranos was great. I liked Sopranos, it had it's time, but there were a tonne of mobster movies long before Sopranos, so originality isn't that great. But HBO was a pioneer with what they did with Sopranos. AMC rocked the world with Mad Men. It's is a work of art, especially first 2 seasons. The concept is more original. It's spectacular what you can do without violence (mind you I am also a fan of Spartacus and Walking Dead). My vote: Mad Men.