PDA

View Full Version : looking for head hunters who focus on supply chain/logistics

finboy
11-03-2011, 03:12 AM
I am interested in seeking out some more head hunters that might help me in my ongoing job hunt. has anyone used any head hunters that they would recommend? I have tried inteqna, who have made some good promises but i have found that they are a bit hard to get in touch with.

ExtraSlow
11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Devon has 5 supply chain jobs posted right now.

finboy
11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up, all positions are asking for 5 years experience minimum, and I haven't had much luck applying with similar positions with Devon but I will try again.

lint
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason why Inteqna is hard to get a hold of (and this will probably be the case with any head hunter) is because:

1) you're a jr/int with under 5 years of experience and
2) your skill set/experience isn't in high demand

remember, head hunters work for the companies, NOT the candidates, and the truth of the matter is that you don't typically need head hunters to fill jr positions.

bourge73
11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Jobs available @ CP Rail if interested? (apply via the website) Always willing to help out a fellow axeman.

ExtraSlow
11-03-2011, 09:24 AM
It is true that most head hunters will put zero effort into a junior candidate.

finboy
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by lint
I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason why Inteqna is hard to get a hold of (and this will probably be the case with any head hunter) is because:

1) you're a jr/int with under 5 years of experience and
2) your skill set/experience isn't in high demand

remember, head hunters work for the companies, NOT the candidates, and the truth of the matter is that you don't typically need head hunters to fill jr positions.

True, but it is another set of eyes looking for opportunities

lint
11-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by finboy
True, but it is another set of eyes looking for opportunities

they aren't even going to open their eyes for you. but good luck

M.alex
11-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
It is true that most head hunters will put zero effort into a junior candidate.

I'd believe that - they usually get paid a flat fee or, more likely, a % of the person's salary if they stay for 6-8months in that position. A junior position has a high probably of jumping ship, and a low salary to start with, so they'd probably be better off focusing on more experienced candidates :dunno:

tictactoe2004
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I always thought head hunters find you?

Do people actually go to head hunters?

Seems strange to me, why go to a head hunter when you can just go to the place you want to work and say "Hey, I'm here now". If you're good at what you do they'll be happy you're there to apply.

ExtraSlow
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Plus, a lot of companies won't pay a headhunter to find them a junior candidate. It's a supply and demand issue. there are lots of junior candidates, so the company has no need of the Headhunter services.

finboy
11-03-2011, 02:31 PM
from talking with inteqna, they mentioned that they do have some contract positions that cross their desks, i was called in there based on a job i applied for through linkedin.

i do have 3-4 years experience, but 2-2.5 of that was prior to my return to school, the other were 4-5 month stints with companies on contract/student work that got me a lot of experience in a short time, but is not what companies are looking for as it doesn't show a trend of being at a company long term. essentially my experience earned during/shortly after graduation isn't making an impression.

JDMMAN
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
A couple of good head-hunters for SCM would be:

Hayes (international)
David Aplin Recruting -> Talk to Mike Stanfield

Guillermo
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
I always thought head hunters find you?

Do people actually go to head hunters?

Seems strange to me, why go to a head hunter when you can just go to the place you want to work and say "Hey, I'm here now". If you're good at what you do they'll be happy you're there to apply.

LOL this! was just going to say this. :rofl:

90_Shelby
11-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Have you tried Suncor? They have a couple jobs on their website.

dj_patm
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Did you do the Mt Royal program?
There's a ton places that actively hire SCM students:

Loblaws
Suncor
Pengrowth
Tallisman
CP Rail
Every Trucking Company
Imperial Oil
West Jet

... Theres more these are just some companies that I remember meeting peope from.

O&G is obviously the best paying and the hardest to get to but if you did a degree the school should give you a good in.

finboy
11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

i've had nothing but trouble applying with them, it seems every time i interview with them, they tell me they will follow up, and i find out from people i know working in the departments that the people i interviewed with left the department

Originally posted by dj_patm
Did you do the Mt Royal program?
There's a ton places that actively hire SCM students:

Loblaws
Suncor
Pengrowth
Tallisman
CP Rail
Every Trucking Company
Imperial Oil
West Jet

... Theres more these are just some companies that I remember meeting peope from.

O&G is obviously the best paying and the hardest to get to but if you did a degree the school should give you a good in.

mainly focusing downtown, i live right outside the core and my transportation isn't exactly the most reliable so driving to deep sw calgary for transportation/logistics/warehousing is a bit of a struggle. I've also been focusing more on the procurement/contracts side of things with my prior experience, which i've found mostly focuses right back on oil and gas.

got another 15 or so jobs applied for over the weekend, we'll see how things turn out monday
:dunno:

trliniar
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
try Roevin, they do a lot of Suncor Placements

roll_over
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
why not apply for a shit job at a company you like and move up the ranks by working hard and proving that you're not a retard or have friends vouch for you in a company you would like to work at?

QR25DE-SER
01-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Try Genivar
www.genivar.com they may hire you for junior position.

QR25DE-SER
01-10-2012, 03:37 AM
I know they have several offices in Calgary & one in the downtown.

In the IHS building across from stampede park.

90_Shelby
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

Originally posted by finboy

i've had nothing but trouble applying with them, it seems every time i interview with them, they tell me they will follow up, and i find out from people i know working in the departments that the people i interviewed with left the department

Where did you end up? I believe I may have seen you in the Suncor building a few times.