PDA

View Full Version : Apache Canada

GordonGekko
11-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I interviewed with Apache for an engineering summer student position last Wednesday. They said they would get back to me in a week, haven't heard back yet. Has anyone gotten an offer from Apache for a student position? Should I do a follow up call to demonstrate my interest and find out if a decision has been made?

I would think any decent company would update anyone they interviewed whether it's with an offer or not. Kind of inconsiderate to just leave someone hanging. So maybe I should just wait it out for a few more days.:banghead:

And while we're on the topic I might as well ask if anyone has worked for Apache and how was your experience with them?
Thanks

gqmw
11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
There's nothing wrong with sending an email to one of your interviewers (I assume they gave you a business card) to see the status of your application. But usually big companies appreciate that you took the time to interview with them and they do let you know even if you didn't get it.

finboy
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I worked for apache, i wouldn't say they have the best hiring process, i was working for a week before i even got my offer letter. Follow up with an e-mail, thank them for the opportunity of the interview and find out what the decision was.

from working at apache, i found they ran REALLY lean employee wise, and training wasn't exactly something they put a strong focus on. that said, it provided a lot of opportunity to cover a lot of experiences, and there are lots of areas where you can shine if you improve their processes.

Good luck :thumbsup:

M.alex
11-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Am I the only 1 who thought Apache Canada had something to do with webserver, hehe :nut:

GordonGekko
11-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get a business card from either of the guys interviewing me. I'll know better next time. Guess I'll just have to wait it out. I guess it makes sense that they wait until all offers are accepted until they send out regret letters, which could explain the fact that its taking more than a week :dunno:

@finboy, interesting, thanks for the input!

finboy
11-05-2011, 07:43 AM
if you have the names, the e-mail typically looks like this...

ex.
[email protected]

if you don't have their names, you can wait it out, or call reception and mention your recent interview, and say you would like to thank whoever you interviewed with.

M.alex
11-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by finboy
if you have the names, the e-mail typically looks like this...

ex.
[email protected]

if you don't have their names, you can wait it out, or call reception and mention your recent interview, and say you would like to thank whoever you interviewed with.

That does appear to be their syntax

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=0CCAQFjABOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdnrucm.dnr.state.la.us%2Fucm%2Fgroups%2Fcoastalmanagement%2Fdocuments%2Focm%2F3707270.pdf&ei=rYK1TqHbDaro2QXv3pGgDw&usg=AFQjCNGFab2aDxffB6aRBpmGxOR3yfwaGQ

You can also ping the email server to verify (Although this only seems to work 50% of the time, but still better than nothing)

http://www.techreaders.com/2011/03/verify-an-email-address-ping-it/

J-hop
11-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't be too choked if they don't get back to you OP. Not that I think they are a bad company but they have an industry reputation of working their employees to the bone.

msommers
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
I wouldn't be too choked if they don't get back to you OP. Not that I think they are a bad company but they have an industry reputation of working their employees to the bone.

Yeah I've heard Apache and CNRL are sweatshops. That said, I'd still take a job to chalk up some experience.

Type_S1
11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Apache runs extremely lean...but they are much better then what people think of them. I worked at Apache in a summer position and I heard back within a few days of interviewing...if it's been a week they probably offered someone else a job and are waiting for them to accept or reject and start moving down the list to fill all the positions.

Hold out and see what happens.