PDA

View Full Version : Garage explosion in Standard, AB

C_Dave45
11-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Hay guys...

Poor guy.

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/alberta+man+rushed+to+hospital+following+garage+explosion+in+standard/6442515133/story.html

s dime
11-05-2011, 01:01 AM
CALGARY – The town of Standard, east of Calgary, was shaken Friday morning after a garage exploded.

Investigators say the explosion originated in a working double-car garage; it then went up in flames. The home was spared by the garage is demolished.

The home is located nearby a school; students and nearby residents say they felt the blast up to a block away.

The school was locked down for approximately two hours while officials knocked down the blaze.

The 55-year-old homeowner was rushed to the Foothills Hospital in Calgary in serious condition. A relative of the man tells Global News he works as a mechanic out of his garage and was inside it at the time of the blast. He was able to get out safely but did sustain serious injuries.

The man remains in critical condition.

The cause of the blast is under investigation but it is not believed to be suspicious.

© Shaw Media Inc., 2011. All rights reserved.

CUG
11-05-2011, 02:09 AM
That relative just got him a fine from the MD, no doubt.

heinz256
11-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by s dime
CALGARY – The town of Standard, east of Calgary, was shaken Friday morning after a garage exploded.

Investigators say the explosion originated in a working double-car garage; it then went up in flames. The home was spared by the garage is demolished.

The home is located nearby a school; students and nearby residents say they felt the blast up to a block away.

The school was locked down for approximately two hours while officials knocked down the blaze.

The 55-year-old homeowner was rushed to the Foothills Hospital in Calgary in serious condition. A relative of the man tells Global News he works as a mechanic out of his garage and was inside it at the time of the blast. He was able to get out safely but did sustain serious injuries.

The man remains in critical condition.

The cause of the blast is under investigation but it is not believed to be suspicious.

© Shaw Media Inc., 2011. All rights reserved.

Wtf? Did Markham write this?

Maybelater
11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by heinz256

Wtf? Did Markham write this?

Markham will never die.

syritis
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Explosion on the first cold day of winter. Ill bet garage heater and leaking fuel.

Kloubek
11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Hay guys...

Poor guy.

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/alberta+man+rushed+to+hospital+following+garage+explosion+in+standard/6442515133/story.html

That's a very Markhamesque post....

J-hop
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by syritis
Explosion on the first cold day of winter. Ill bet garage heater and leaking fuel.

Sounds like a good guess, I notice as well that a lot of people mount their heaters either near the ceiling/roof or near the floor which are the two places you don't want to have an ignition source...

DboyNismo
11-06-2011, 02:17 AM
saw this on global the other night. im pretty sure i saw a burnt classic charger shell...i died a little inside upon realizing this.

anywho, it is a tragic accident, hope the man turns out ok.

Laoz
11-06-2011, 03:18 AM
long live markham... im drunk

vengie
11-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Weird to hear this... My great uncle passed away in a similar explosion in his garage while welding... Prayers out to a full recovery...

nismodrifter
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Could see the smoke from this fire from our end of the city, freakin crazy

Cos
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by vengie
Weird to hear this... My great uncle passed away in a similar explosion in his garage while welding... Prayers out to a full recovery...

Was this a few years ago and it was a really big deal in the news?

vengie
11-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Was this a few years ago and it was a really big deal in the news?

No it was several years ago, I was quite young at the time, and it was in Whitehorse