PDA

View Full Version : fair warning...bull and finch bridlewood.

ekguy
11-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Well here it is, fair warning to all beyonders.

Went there for wings on wednesday, been puking, pissing shit out my ass since then. Clearly it's food poisoning.

I eat wings usually twice a week, at various spots through the city and usually in much bigger quantities than i did that night so I know my stomach can handle the sauces, chicken, etc.

I know it was their wings since I barely ate anything that day, and what I ate I eat everyday like clockwork.

Missed a day of work, should have missed two but couldn't miss more work. Literally spent about 60% of the day on the shitter or in front of it.

Thank you so much for the AWESOME food poisoning Bull and Finch!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KO22
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I went there for volcano wings and I think my stomach has been fucked ever since.. this was 2 yrs ago

Grogador
11-05-2011, 03:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Jhq3z.jpg

SJW
11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Bull and Finch in Douglasglen is DIRTY. I mean the actual restaurant is filthy. It's no surprise to me that the other ones are about the same. I mean flies surive all winter in there.

nonsane
11-05-2011, 07:40 AM
I used to live across the street from this location.

They are so bad i used to take a bus and train to Coach and Horses rather than endure their mediocre food and horrible service.

rob the knob
11-05-2011, 07:49 AM
report to alberta health and they will investigate. the more people report the better.
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/eph.asp

Home > Programs & Services > Southland Park III > Environmental Public Health Program
Environmental Public Health Program - Southland Park III
Public health inspectors advise, inspect and educate operators of public places like restaurants, day cares, swimming pools, rental properties, and tattoo studios about safe practices that protect the public.
Public health inspectors make Albertans aware of health risks linked to unsafe drinking water, unsafe housing and other unsafe conditions in the environment and make sure the Public Health Act is being followed.
Quick Links
Edmonton location
Calgary location
To find locations outside of Edmonton and Calgary please view the complete list of locations below.
Address
Southland Park III
10101 Southport Road SW
Calgary, Alberta
T2W 3N2
Telephone
403-943-2288 (Call for inspector availability)
Fax
403-943-8056
Wheelchair accessible
Automatic door opener located at main entrance.
Getting there
On the southwest corner of Southport Road and Southland Drive SW. One block east of the Southland LRT station. Visitor parking available on site.
Service hours
Monday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
This is not a drop in service. Please call for information between the listed hours.
Originally posted by ekguy
Well here it is, fair warning to all beyonders.

Went there for wings on wednesday, been puking, pissing shit out my ass since then. Clearly it's food poisoning.

I eat wings usually twice a week, at various spots through the city and usually in much bigger quantities than i did that night so I know my stomach can handle the sauces, chicken, etc.

I know it was their wings since I barely ate anything that day, and what I ate I eat everyday like clockwork.

Missed a day of work, should have missed two but couldn't miss more work. Literally spent about 60% of the day on the shitter or in front of it.

Thank you so much for the AWESOME food poisoning Bull and Finch!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smartcar
11-05-2011, 09:26 AM

You can't "know" it was their wings unless you got it (and them) checked out. Depending on what you specifically had, it could have been something you ate over a week ago
http://www.health.alberta.ca/health-info/foodborne-illness-common.html

Pretty irresponsible to post this on a public forum without evidence.

RickDaTuner
11-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by smartcar

You can't "know" it was their wings unless you got it (and them) checked out. Depending on what you specifically had, it could have been something you ate over a week ago

Sadly this is true, food born bacteria takes a few days to grow in your stomach and intestines. If it was tainted food, then you would have been vomiting with in the hour, and would have felt OK after your stomach was purged.

could also be just the flu, it is about that time.

ekguy
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I know the difference between the flu and food poisoning. Also I have worked in many restaurants and I cook my food properly and thoroughly and this is the only thing i ate out in well over a week before i ate their wings. Felt weird the same night, felt like absolute hell the morning after.

Was up most of last night running to the bathroom, woke up this morning to more of the same...

Gonna attack this real good right now with some herbal tea, diarrhea medicine and lots of water. I feel 150% dehydrated at the moment it's pretty intense.

Will not go back there ever in my life.

C_Dave45
11-05-2011, 02:44 PM
If it was their wings and food poisoning then every single person who ate them that day would be suffering and by now would have hit the news. And no one can "know" the difference between a Virus and food poisoning. As they both have almost identical symptoms. I've had a flu symptoms hit me within minutes. You could have picked up a virus days earlier and the symptoms didn't hit until after you ate.
Agree with Smartcar. Irresponsible post and to say "never going back ever in my life" sounds like a child's tantrum.

n1zm0
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Bull and Finch in Douglasglen is DIRTY. I mean the actual restaurant is filthy. It's no surprise to me that the other ones are about the same. I mean flies surive all winter in there.

this was my first job @ 14, i have stories, especially about the wings, not surprised you had explosive d's from them OP.

BUT it could be as others said something else, but i still would never eat at and B&F ever again.

dj_rice
11-05-2011, 03:32 PM
For such accusations proving to be false, can Bull And Finch sue ekguy for posting false information and bad publicity?

FraserB
11-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Probably not, they would have to prove he knowingly made false statement with the intent to cause damage.

J-D
11-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by nonsane
I used to live across the street from this location.

They are so bad i used to take a bus and train to Coach and Horses rather than endure their mediocre food and horrible service.

Coach and horse is the shit :thumbsup:

ekguy
11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
It's almost like people don't think a couple orders could be undercooked while being rushed eh...My god. what a concept. It may not be their wings but process of elimination and the fact that I barely ate anything the day before and the day of would pretty much make that the sole perpetrator to my situation.

Seriously not everyone could get sick from something since not all orders would be cooked at once, and who are we to say others didn't get sick. A lot of people suffer in silence lol.

Also many have stated and I've known the Bull and Finch to not be the cleanest of them all but a moment of weakness (extreme starvation) made me go there rather than drive further and get better quality food.

All this was was a warning to spare other this suffering. I am now feeling about 50% normal thanks to a lot of water and medicine.

All it takes is one poorly cooked order.

jdmXSI
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
When ever i used to get food poisioning (and i did alot working door to door), i used to eat raw ginger root and it seemed to do the trick every time.

ekguy
11-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah I'm getting better by the hour. Next time I'll try ginger root.

I know Gravol has a ginger version now as well.

adidas
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
a little late but....prepare ur angus

max_boost
11-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Your system is weak brah!

OK hope you get better.

J-hop
11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah I'm getting better by the hour. Next time I'll try ginger root.

I know Gravol has a ginger version now as well.

Don't bother with the gravol ginger if it is that bad. I tried it once and it didn't help worth shit.

How long after did you start feeling sick if it was less than 8 hrs I'd be very surprised if it was food poisoning. Also don't a lot of places by precooked wings and they just heat them up??

lellowrx7
11-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I go there every wednesday for wings and I've never had an issue of the sorts. Also usually go there on Fridays for a couple drinks and Sunday's to watch football games. The food is always excellent and most of the servers are damn sexy.
Your one bad experience isn't reason to slander the whole place.

J-hop
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Delete,stupid iPhone haha

bignerd
11-06-2011, 04:16 PM
There is some strain of Staph food poisoning that you can get in as little as half an hour after eating.

Clever
11-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I live in Evergreen, I have been there a few times only for drinks but I agree about the service, it sucks and the place is pretty dumpy.

chkolny541
11-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

Also don't a lot of places by precooked wings and they just heat them up?? i beleive its common for raw wings, then the bar throws them in a deep fryer and cook it all themselves, though individual bars may be different

heavyfuel
11-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I know the difference between the flu and food poisoning. Also I have worked in many restaurants and I cook my food properly and thoroughly

One may assume based on this statement, that you could identify improperly cooked food? I'm no chef but after one bite I can tell if chicken is cooked properly or not... I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the pub... I hope u get better soon.

Ukyo8
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by J-D

Coach and horse is the shit :thumbsup:

MMmmm potato nachos :drool:

mugensix
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I once had wings from this convenience store in Grande prairie. Left me shitting blood for a few days, u'll be fine

sevewone
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by mugensix
I once had wings from this convenience store in Grande prairie. Left me shitting blood for a few days, u'll be fine

:rofl:

The owner is a family friend, i am sure if he knew about this he would be more than willing to work something out. The owner of the douglasdale one is separate from the Canyon Meadows one as well. I have personally eaten at the douglasdale one many times, never had a issue :dunno: .

clem24
11-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by smartcar

Welcome to Beyond, Bull & Finch.

But to be fair.. You can get food poisoning from just about anywhere really. It's a restaurant - really, you have no clue what your food has been through. And it's possible you got ONE rotten wing while no one else got it. I've gotten food poisoning from very well established/reputable places. In one instance, I actually got a doctor's note and went BACK to the place a week later and they gave me a cash refund for my meal without hassle.

smartcar
11-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Welcome to Beyond, Bull & Finch.
I'm not in any way associated with them, I just posted because I know a lot about food poisoning and common misconceptions (eg. it was from the last place you ate at before you got sick - usually not) and this is what OP seemed to be saying.

And it's possible you got ONE rotten wing while no one else got it.
It's possible, but not likely, at restaurants where food is processed in big batches. If it did happen though a) you likely would have noticed when eating, and b) you would have vomited, it wouldn't have stayed in your system long enough to cause diarrhea. If you have both vomiting and diarrhea it's not usually from rotten food.

My only point was, if you're sick and you think it's from food poisoning, get it checked you so you know what bacteria caused it and as others said, report it to AHS so they can look into it, don't slag an establishment on a public forum for something that may have had nothing to do with them.