PDA

View Full Version : Got my Window fixed at 5 Star Auto Glass

Rocketright
11-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right section, I think so hah.

Last night while driving around I finally experience one of the major defaults of VW vehicles under the year 2002 (I believe). As I was driving my friend tried to roll down his window, then all of a sudden it just dropped right down into the door... and this was when it was freezing cold out. Was kinda pissed because I knew that most places would be closed on Sundays and probably booked on Saturdays.

Called about 10-15 places this morning, and the only one that was willing to do the repair was 5 Star Auto Glass. Did my reasearch, had 5/5 ratings. So I decided I would go with them.
I had to get the Repair Kit from VW since it's Saturday, and they can't get it delivered. But that was only about 500M down Macleod.

VW quoted me $300-$350 for the install, so I was expecting to pay about $150 at the shop. The repair kit itself was $91.00.
Went over to their shop around 11, and I was out within 40 minutes.
They did an amazing job. After about 20 minutes I heard a vacumne turn on, which I thought was maybe for the other vehicle in the back.
But no, I go outside once he drove my car out front, and I look inside... and it was a huge difference.
Most of the interior was vacumned, the whole dash was wiped down. Nothing I'd expect when going to get a simple repair.

They charged me $100, and theres no way I'm going to argue with that. Way cheaper than the dealership, and multiple other shops I got quotes from. I also got a free air freshner, and a grippy dash thing that I could use for pretty much anything.

Would highly recommend them, I was very happy that I took a 45 minute drive out to Calgary with one window down in the -10 weather haha.

freshprince1
11-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Good to hear it went well. Post the address for everyone to know what part of town they're in.

adidas
11-07-2011, 12:56 AM
VW and their plastic window clips. :D

vengie
11-07-2011, 01:17 AM
I meant to get a crack in my windshield fixed there Saturday morning, but didn't get a chance to go in!

Stopping by tomorrow, glad to hear they do good work

xnvy
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Good to hear it went well. Post the address for everyone to know what part of town they're in. I don't know what the address is but they're located right next to the Back Alley.

Rocketright
11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Crap sorry forgot to reply.

Yeah their right by the back alley/Shadow tinting. It was actually really funny I called VW so I could pick up a part and they said only one dealership has it in stock. So I go to that dealership, buy it. Enter in the Shop's address and it was 500M away from me.
Such good luck, lol.

Mod edit: Non-sponsor contact info removed

Rocketright
11-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by adidas
VW and their plastic window clips. :D

I know right... haha. There was an extended warranty for 7 years, because they changed the clips for more durability after 2003 I think.
So now I just need to wait and see if my drivers has a good one or a bad one :(

vengie
11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
had my windshield on my S4 fixed by them today, filled in an 8" crack, and filled 2 extra rock chips all for $50... Very impressed with their work, and I had my car back within 45 mins.

I would HIGHLY recommend 5 star auto glass, and will be back in the spring when I replace my windshield :thumbsup:

cancer man
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
In and out in forty minutes i call B.S.
No way they removed the panel and put in the upgrade kit and had time to clean your car.
They probably just secured the window back in it's original clip that was already upgraded and tightened it.