PDA

View Full Version : Where do you re-fill your water containers?

C_Dave45
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
We have a water cooler in the house that uses the big 18 l jugs. Was just in Safeway now and noticed this girl filling up 4 of them at $5.99 per. Giant Tiger does them for $1.00 each. just an FYI.

TomcoPDR
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Giant Tiger does them for $1.00 each. just an FYI.

What if it's coming directly from city tap?

C_Dave45
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

What if it's coming directly from city tap?

Haha that's exactly what I said to my wife when we were filling them up.
"this machine is probably just hooked up to a garden hose connected to the outside hose bib" :rofl:

kvg
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Costco:thumbsup:

project240
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
We bought a RO system online. We used to go through 15-20 jugs/month (Chai liked to always use "pure" water for everything).

That got to be a hassle pretty quick and I started searching Reverse Osmosis. We ended up buying a 7 or 8 stage from a place out of Toronto for about $225. Took me an hour to install and only have to change a couple filters every 6 months and a couple others every 2 years. We spend about the same amount in filters every 2 years that we did in a month having Culligan delivered, plus, now there is no hassle in dealing with it.

The only water I've had that had a more pure taste was an my Aunt/Uncle's farm where they had well water going through a filtration system.

Well worth the investment IMO, although I do miss having cold water "on tap".

89s1
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I get jugs that are prefilled at co-op, just bring them back the empties and leave them there when I pay.

CRXguy
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
We have a water cooler in the house that uses the big 18 l jugs. Was just in Safeway now and noticed this girl filling up 4 of them at $5.99 per. Giant Tiger does them for $1.00 each. just an FYI.

$5.99? I've been filling at Safeway at for $2.99 the past 3 years. Which location is this?

swak
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by project240

The only water I've had that had a more pure taste was an my Aunt/Uncle's farm where they had well water going through a filtration system.

Well water can taste good?

At my grandparents farm, they dont even make coffee with their well water. Its shit. Rusty and grosssssss

sputnik
11-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Municipal Water + Carbon Filter in Fridge = WIN

Costs me $40/year for the filter and I get about 400 gallons of water without having to haul around and store big bottles of water.

It also makes ice for me.

HHURICANE1
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by swak

Hell ya!! I live on a farm and our water tastes just like water is supposed to. No flavour. City water is shit tasting and bottled water is flat/dead tasting.

swak
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Haha.. Yea, I actually prefer city water to bottled crap.

Clearly you don't live in Rural Manitoba then dude!

sillysod
11-07-2011, 11:48 PM
We live in possibly the cleanest country in the world... and our city is right outside the Rocky Mountains and people buy bottled water. :facepalm:

In Asia, Europe.. even in Tennessee I always drink bottled water. But Calgary, Devner... anywhere close to the rocks I never would even consider it.

aaronck
11-09-2011, 04:14 PM

At my grandparents farm, they dont even make coffee with their well water. Its shit. Rusty and grosssssss

It can go either way, I've had great water from a well, and horrible sulfur smell and taste from another.

J-hop
11-10-2011, 08:42 AM

LOL rusty likely means they haven't serviced their well in a while. Our cabin is on well water with zero filtration, it tastes great!