PDA

View Full Version : Roof rack attachment

LUDELVR
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I just got a pretty good deal on a Thule snowboard clamp style carrier; however, it was designed for a roof rack that uses the square bar and not the long flat ones like the ones used on an OEM Ridgeline roof rack. It's pretty sweet because it hides the bolts and can't be taken off unelss the clamp is unlocked and open.

I'm wondering if they make an attchment piece to fit onto a ridgeline bar. If so, has anyone seen it and where can I get it? I've tried a few sellers on ebay but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm pretty sure this is the piece but don't know the exact specs because it's a generic photo:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Thule-Four-CLAMP-ON-C29-/170709428658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf1329b2

I've seen 3 different types that are oval and not square and they all have different part model numbers; however, the photo is the exact same.

Where in Calgary would be a good place to look for these pieces?

Redlyne_mr2
11-07-2011, 02:41 PM
racks unlimited has what you need, I've pieced together a ton of roof racks over the years and they've always helped me out.

LUDELVR
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
racks unlimited has what you need, I've pieced together a ton of roof racks over the years and they've always helped me out.

Cheers mate!

Yeah, I did some more searching around and these guys kept coming up so I'll give them a ring and drop by. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: