PDA

View Full Version : 4g63 n/t to 4g63 turbo

2literv8eater
01-26-2004, 05:27 PM
what all has to be done to do this mod?

1badPT
01-26-2004, 05:32 PM
My understanding is the n/a engine has much higher compression which makes turbo'ing the n/a engine for all intents and purposes out of the question without a fairly intensive rebuild. Don't take my word for it though:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/1gnt/
They suggest just buying a turbo 4G63

2literv8eater
01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
i ment motor swap

1badPT
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Oh there's a guide on the site I linked to if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Hah, they recommend against that too :P

Turbo Engine Swap
This project is extremely time consuming, complex and expensive due to the amount of parts needed to perform the task. The parts alone can range upwards of $5000. The basic parts needed are: Engine, transmission, ECU, intercooler (and piping), fuel pump, complete exhaust system, and possibly a few more things not mentioned. The two options above are definitely better choices for the less experienced. Consider the cost of simply buying a factory turbocharged DSM before attempting this swap.

I dunno, its looking like you should sell your car and buy a factory turbo'd DSM.

SpeedStar
01-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey,

If you can get your hands on a front clip from a 1st gen DSM you'll be able to turbo any non-turbo 1st gen DSM. Or if you can get a JDM galant vr-4 front clip that will work as well. Just swap the whole thing in there and it should work fine.

More info:
calg.dsm.org
ca.dsm.org
dsmtalk.com
dsmtuners.com

Good Luck

EK 2.0
01-26-2004, 08:55 PM
PLEASE save yourself time and mad cash by purchasing a Turbo Motor...or even better man...sell your whip and pick up a Turbo DSM...

I know of many ppl who have tried to swap in the Snailed motor and man oh man did they have troubles...

PM "Daxin" on this site he did the swap...and hes having a heck of a time getting the little thing sorted out...