PDA

View Full Version : I think this dude is curbing luxury vehicles. Is this allowed out of your residence?

Crymson
11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOtherAds-W0QQUserIdZ65508981

You can see the other cars from other ads on the streets on in the driveway of his house. I would be annoyed if a dude was doing this on my street.

clem24
11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Those are some pretty nice rides.. A 360, 2 Cayennes and a Range Rover. He can open up a pretty nice luxo used car dealership LOL.

03ozwhip
11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
id only be mad if they were blocking all of the otehr cars right to park. but since theyre probably not insured or registered, im sure thats not a problem.

ercchry
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
amvic and revenue canada might care...

03ozwhip
11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
amvic and revenue canada might care...

im sure they would, but do you?

max_boost
11-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Are you going to be a snitch and call them out? Whatever happened to that JimmyBurner guy who went nuts on Tomco and followed him around the forums. :rofl:

J-hop
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
i don't really care, but it sucks that piano teachers get penalized for running a "commercial business" out of their own home but some guy curbing cars doesn't, I wouldn't feel bad at all if someone called him in.

turbotrip
11-09-2011, 07:29 PM
im guessing he has a dealer license. if not he is the worst flipper I've ever seen lol

M.alex
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Well, if somebody wants to steal a Ferrari I now know a location that is probably not well guarded :rofl:

Nakadah
11-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

You can see the other cars from other ads on the streets on in the driveway of his house. I would be annoyed if a dude was doing this on my street.

And? How does that exactly concern you?

J-HOP,

I would rather live next to a curber than to a piano teacher practicing from home. At very least I will not be hearing the annoying noises and I will be able to relax when I am home!!!

Tik-Tok
11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

I would be annoyed if a dude was doing this on my street.

I would rather have that curber with choice cars, than the one down the street from me right now, that always sell junk.

eglove
11-09-2011, 08:17 PM
who cares? :dunno: myofb

rob the knob
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM

somebody send him this thread through jiji link

tell him revenue is on the way

Goodfella
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Lets not jump to conclusion so fast, he could just be selling the cars of family and friends too. You would be amazed at how many luxury cars rally up at my house during a bbq in summer.

NoMoreG35
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think a person needs a dealer license to curb cars. You only need a dealer license if you want to buy cars from ADESA. Also, there are different types of dealer licenses.

4DoorGTZ
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Someone with no life can do the research but I do believe if you sell more then x vehicles in a year revenue canada will start to wonder where there cut of your iligitemate business is.

ragu
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
You guys pretty much look for stuff to complain about?!

xnvy
11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I would rather have that curber with choice cars, than the one down the street from me right now, that always sell junk. :werd: a house by me used to have 4 rusting K-Cars and a bunch of other cars up until this summer when they moved away. Back on topic read the last line of this (http://www.amvic.org/consumer_alert.htm) if it really bothers you.

01RedDX
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM

JRSC00LUDE
11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob

somebody send him this thread through jiji link

tell him revenue is on the way

With each passing post I become more and more convinced that you are mentally affected in some kind of way. Like an idiot savant, minus the savant.....

Canucks3322
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by eglove
who cares? :dunno: myofb

I care that I work hard and pay taxes and people like this get away with NOT paying taxes....

01RedDX
11-09-2011, 10:26 PM

95teetee
11-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Like an idiot savant, minus the savant..... ah, it's great to have a good laugh just before work:thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Tik-Tok
11-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

If everybody just paid the taxes they were supposed to, our taxes would be more than 50% less....

Do you care you are paying twice the tax because other people are skirting the system?

:rofl: Oh my you're an idealistic person. If everybody paid taxes they were supposed to, we'd have twice as many bums demanding social programs, and debt forgiveness from the government, and our taxes wouldn't be one cent less.

I just looked at Amvic for giggles, and their definition of "Curbers" is essentially the same definition I'd give 85% of used car dealerships in Calgary, lol.

Curbers make it their business to obtain vehicles at a low price and then sell them at a greatly inflated price. They often do this by obtaining vehicles that have previously been wrecked, or had other severe mechanical or safety problems, at a very low cost. The curber will then make minor or cosmetic repairs to the vehicle, and then re-sell the vehicle , even though it is not in any way safe to be on the road. Curbers will often advertise these vehicles in local auto sale publications,

Sugarphreak
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM

heavyfuel
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM

If everybody just paid the taxes they were supposed to, our taxes would be more than 50% less....

Do you care you are paying twice the tax because other people are skirting the system?

Although I agree, I wouldn't call the CRA over something this trivial

Govt. is not gonna hand out medals and cut taxes just cuz ppl pay their taxes in full and on time, they'll just find reasons to ask for more. And considering the backwards methods and thinking of our wonderful system, you know that for example, they'll spend 10k to try and recover 2k, and if they were chasing every tax cheat the entire system would collapse in no time, then they'd blame us and up taxes even more. No winning with the govt. None.

Hallowed_point
11-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Nakadah

And? How does that exactly concern you?

J-HOP,

I would rather live next to a curber than to a piano teacher practicing from home. At very least I will not be hearing the annoying noises and I will be able to relax when I am home!!!

:rofl: :thumbsup:

kvg
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe the guy does have a business and is just posting on kijiji to make it look private to sell it faster.:dunno: Happens all the time, it's probably a sales guy hustling.

Redlyne_jr
11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

I care that I work hard and pay taxes and people like this get away with NOT paying taxes....

:drama: :whocares: You honestly think that reporting one individual is going to benefit you in the tax department.. Thats about as hopeful as solving world hunger by not eating 1 day per week.....

Redlyne_jr
11-10-2011, 10:08 AM

vtec4life
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
He could be broke and is trying to sell all of his whips? lol

euro_racer
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
:drama: :whocares: i see a lot of jealousy on here from the "model citizen" :rofl:

civic_stylez
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KVdmpK1Q64U/TbHh8quslAI/AAAAAAAAB5o/_6Mf6-a7E-w/s1600/jump+to+conclusions+mat.jpg

Tik-Tok
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_jr

:drama: :whocares: You honestly think that reporting one individual is going to benefit you in the tax department.. Thats about as hopeful as solving world hunger by not eating 1 day per week.....

Or protesting gas prices by not buying fuel for one day, lol.

max_boost
11-10-2011, 12:06 PM
People are just jelly they didn't think of it first or aren't benefiting from it somehow someway.

Go protest elsewhere brah.

max_boost
11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Or protesting gas prices by not buying fuel for one day, lol. LOL this one is by far the best. And exactly what will this accomplish? :rofl:

maximus5502
11-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
I don't think a person needs a dealer license to curb cars. You only need a dealer license if you want to buy cars from ADESA. Also, there are different types of dealer licenses.

You dont even need a license to buy from ADESA anymore.
First day you do second day you pay the $15.00 "cover" charge

maximus5502
11-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Also, I recognize a couple of the cars from the last Mitchner Allen Auction.....LOL

He could also have business license and have a home business.

It costs an extra $100.00 a year through license dept at city of Calgary for a home based bus license.

There are limits though as to how many "visitors" you are allowed and any extra traffic you create for the nearby residents.

bastardchild
11-10-2011, 12:33 PM

On a side note, one of my neighbors bought a lightly used Rav4 from one of these types of people... within the first day all kinds of engine lights and problems started arising. Turns out he just did a cosmetic fix to a write-off vehicle and an inspection revealed it still had frame, engine and suspension damage to it. The guy had sold it as if it had never been in an accident. He ended up hiring a lawyer and getting his money back in the end, although I am sure the guy just turned around and clipped the wire to the engine light just to sell it to somebody else.

This could happen at a used car lot (business license or not) as well you know... :rofl:

M.alex
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by maximus5502

You dont even need a license to buy from ADESA anymore.
First day you do second day you pay the $15.00 "cover" charge

But you still need a license in order to sign up?

maximus5502
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

But you still need a license in order to sign up?

The second day you do not need a license at all just the $15.00 cover to get in.

This allows you to bid on any cars unsold and or left over from the first day.

Its not full access, but great deals to be had.

tictactoe2004
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by maximus5502
Also, I recognize a couple of the cars from the last Mitchner Allen Auction.....LOL

He could also have business license and have a home business.

It costs an extra $100.00 a year through license dept at city of Calgary for a home based bus license.

There are limits though as to how many "visitors" you are allowed and any extra traffic you create for the nearby residents.

You're not allowed to flip cars from your home, even with a home based business license. In order to sell cars you have to have some sort of lot or commercial space to keep them. I wanted to do it legally, but found out you can't.

But that's beside the point, :whocares: . At least it's not shit buckets he's trying to flip. I'd also suggest the OP doesn't piss off someone with enough money to buy all those cars. What if he turns out to not just be wealthy, but also vindictive and he finds out who ratted him out? Pick your battles wisely, if it's not directly affecting you, I'd leave it be... There's enough ballers and car buffs on beyond.ca that someone in this thread might even know they guy :dunno:

clem24
11-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Fuck if this was my neighbour I'd be going over there to ask for test drives... :D

Maybelater
11-14-2011, 03:24 AM
They are pretty nice cars, curbers are usually only annoying because they leave ratty broken down cars on the street that makes the whole block look dumpy.