PDA

View Full Version : Strange Eating Habits

baygirl
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Had breakfast with a friend this morning and he was
shocked when I put salt on my bacon. This lead to a discussion of strange eating habits(I used to eat crackers with ketchup on them, and frozen french fries...). This man will eat a raw onion like most people eat an apple:barf:. Anyways, what are some of your strange eating habits?

JRSC00LUDE
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
There is a great video of a eat an onion like an apple challenge somewhere around here!

baygirl
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
There is a great video of a eat an onion like an apple challenge somewhere around here!
Seriously?!? That just disgusts me for some reason. I could never do it.

dj_rice
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
I like to eat white steamed rice with crunchy peanut butter sometimes.

Dumbass17
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I met a girl who eats lemons like apples, so i tried it. it actually wasn't too bad haha

heinz256
11-09-2011, 10:59 PM
I always eat steak with ketchup.

Squishy
11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Mashed potato with ketchup or eggs with ketchup

adam c
11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
i put soya sauce on my rice
eat lemons like oranges
and like to drink pickle juice

swak
11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I eat my fries with mayo.

dirtsniffer
11-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I enjoy liver occasionally :dunno:

wintonyk
11-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

This is awesome. I do that all the time. Basically its just a peanut sauce.

I put peanut butter on everything. The other day I made chicken and pasta with peanut butter, garlic, onion, basil and cayenne. So delicious.

BlackRadon
11-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

That sounds really good! Kinda melts in and around the rice! Have you tried to steam it peanut butter right in the cooker? Extra peanut buttery.

Mar
11-09-2011, 11:54 PM
My roommate makes peanut butter sandwiches with syrup on them. :barf:

One thing I picked up off a chick at university was to take a May West, smear a thick coating of peanut butter on top of it, then shake candy sprinkles on top......:drool: So fucking good.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I also refuse to eat ketchup and butter, I think they taste disgusting. Going to movie theaters got so bad with the smell of butter that I bought a projector for my house. That stuff is gross.

I don't like pepperoni on pizza, I think it's wrong. It doesn't taste good, it's always so thin it's crispy, and when you bit into it, you pull all the cheese off with it.

LadyLuck
11-10-2011, 12:29 AM
scrambled eggs with mustard
white rice with sundried salad dressing
i like to sip on hot chocolate while eating a salami sandwich lol
i bathe my salads in dressing, love to drink vinegar and the occasional sip of pickle juice.
As a kid i used to cut bread into cubes and soak it in a bowl of hot chocolate and eat it...i still do it to this day.

heavyfuel
11-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Whenever I cook anything involving olives, I always drink the juice right outta the can once I open it.

know1edge
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
i used to put ketchup on everything
bread, rice, cereal. everything

jwslam
11-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Mar
My roommate makes peanut butter sandwiches with syrup on them. :barf:
I think that's a Chinese thing. Chinese people make peanut butter stuffed french toast.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
As a kid i used to cut bread into cubes and soak it in a bowl of hot chocolate and eat it...i still do it to this day.
Love it. I do that too. Or with soup crackers for sweet&salty.

Fries & Tartar sauce.
Sesame sauce for EVERYTHING when i'm at hotpot. And I mean bathe and coat it. MMMM beef.

And I have a tendency to switch sauces at the restaurant. i.e. they bring two dishes with two particular sauces and I always think they taste better with the opposite sauce.

Boat
11-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Ketchup on my KD is probably the most outlandish I would go!

Mar
11-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
I think that's a Chinese thing. Chinese people make peanut butter stuffed french toast.
Weird, this kid just moved out here from Newfoundland, if he were any less yellow he'd be clear.

huck
11-10-2011, 02:14 AM
i LOVE putting strawberry jam on hashbrowns from mcdonalds/A&W. I think everyone should try it.

TurboMedic
11-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Ceasar dressing and croutons. Mix and leave it for 5 min then eat. It's awesome but terrible for you

K3RMiTdot
11-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Ketchup with bread... jam is so nasty if you eat it every day...

Ketchup with Rice

Gravy on eeverything!!

Vagabond142
11-10-2011, 08:30 AM
.... marmite.... :dunno:

I love the stuff. On toast, in gravy, lightly rubbed into the skin of a roast... it's delicious! :drool:

I also like the "lesser" parts and cuts of meats.... such as tripe, tendon, heart, liver, etc. I grew up in a household where eating such things was a normal occurrence, so I'm used to it. :dunno: Side bonus: Tripe and heart are usually dirt cheap in the grocers :thumbsup: Beef heart, grilled perfectly with a honey-bbq dipping sauce = :drool: :drool: :drool:

JRSC00LUDE
11-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
.... marmite.... :dunno:

I love the stuff. On toast, in gravy, lightly rubbed into the skin of a roast... it's delicious! :drool:

I also like the "lesser" parts and cuts of meats.... such as tripe, tendon, heart, liver, etc. I grew up in a household where eating such things was a normal occurrence, so I'm used to it. :dunno: Side bonus: Tripe and heart are usually dirt cheap in the grocers :thumbsup: Beef heart, grilled perfectly with a honey-bbq dipping sauce = :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's a good thing you don't live in Denmark!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/8533896/Marmite-made-illegal-in-Denmark.html

I really like tripe (but only in soup or at dim-sum) and beef heart too! Beef heart is great to grill!

I'm not sure what "odd" eating habits I have, I just like all sorts of food! Some people think it's odd to enjoy chicken pot pie, meatloaf or random thrown together casseroles but all are great sometimes! But nothing I eat is odd to me, might be to someone else I suppose.

heavyfuel
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Tripe, tendon, hell yeah. There's a French Vietnamese place in Vancouver, it's called Bon Petit or something like that, where they serve bowls of mouth watering tendon, never seen that here, only in beef pho, and you're lucky to get 2-3 pieces per serving. Love tendon.

A790
11-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I like to make peanut butter and jam french toast. Using the strawberry jam w/ chunks of strawberry in it. Mmm....

sputnik
11-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Scrambled eggs ON toast with honey.

rage2
11-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I ran tons of challenges back in the day at my house. I'd wave thousands of dollars for ppl to try this shit, nobody ever won. Free entertainment. Enjoy.

XxFFrJA5MEI

JRSC00LUDE
11-10-2011, 09:37 AM
^

I figured you would know where to find it, too fun! :rofl:

Everlast
11-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I like to eat hot sauces just by themselves. Chili oil, tabasco etc.

hurrdurr
11-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwiches are good.

Spicy Doritos in a Croissant are also delicious.

Other than that, hot sauce on everything.

Sweet Chilli Sauce on rice (no protein needed)

Spam Rice and Ketchup.

My fiance makes this dish she calls "mustard chicken" where she essentially just cooks all the sauces in the fridge with chicken then put on rice, and then i mix in ranch and sriracha on it.

Does anyone prefer basmati rice to white rice? I think basmati rice is fucking weird but thats all we ever use (unfortunately)

Can't eat any store bought pizza without Sriracha and Ranch mixture.

Peroggi Pizza.. (sour cream instead of sauce, thinly sliced potatoes, chilli peppers, bacon and cheese) Got the idea from Boston Pizza, but they aren't consistent enough so I started making it from home

At McDicks always put sweet and sour on everything.

Tomaz
11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I always try to turn my meals into sandwich form. I just find it more efficient.

EG: Order lumberjack slam at Denny's, put all the food between the pancakes and nom the fuck down.

I also put chips into subs/sandwiches. I like the crunchy texture and taste!

masoncgy
11-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Frozen vegetables... like mixed vegetables... straight out of the bag.

I remember when my wife & I first got together and she's making dinner one night and is like... WTF happened to the mixed veg I just bought. Did you eat them?

"Yes."

Where's the pot? What did you cook them in?

"Nothing... ate 'em straight up out of the bag."

She then admitted that she liked to do the same... lol... match made in heaven. ;)

masoncgy
11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Further on this... like eating frozen fruit too...

Best thing ever... red grapes... throw em in the freezer over night... eat the next day... :drool:

Dumbass17
11-10-2011, 02:40 PM
i used to eat cheesewhiz and jam sandwiches all the time..mmmmm. or even just both condiments on one slice of bread.

i also used to eat a slice of toast with mayo, that's it.

i still do this all the time, i buy those precooked smokies, sometimes plain or sometimes the ones filled with cheese, bit off a chunk, then put a spoonful of strawberry jam on the bitten part, eat a chunk. add another spoonful to the bitten part and repeat. so good! no one gets this one, my mom got me on it years ago i think

Tomaz
11-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Reading this thread from the beginning makes almost everyone here look pregnant! lol

Really, cheesewhiz and jam? I'm waiting for someone to post Pickles in ice cream. :barf:

Hakkola
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
Mashed potato with ketchup or eggs with ketchup

You think eggs with ketchup is strange? Almost everybody I know eats eggs with ketchup.

I don't think there's anything strange that I eat, other than the pure volume of crap. Half a pound of bacon for breakfast almost everyday, sometimes with eggs. Probably eat about 15 hot rods a day, a lot of croissants, protein shakes. A lot of gouda cheese too. The list of stuff I just put up I eat pretty much everyday, like routine. Plus other stuff.

Also, I'm a ginger ale addict. Has to be Canada Dry though.

Numi
11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
i used to eat pickle and cheese whiz sandwiches when i was younger..

Squishy
11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

You think eggs with ketchup is strange? Almost everybody I know eats eggs with ketchup.

I don't think there's anything strange that I eat, other than the pure volume of crap. Half a pound of bacon for breakfast almost everyday, sometimes with eggs. Probably eat about 15 hot rods a day, a lot of croissants, protein shakes. A lot of gouda cheese too. The list of stuff I just put up I eat pretty much everyday, like routine. Plus other stuff.

Also, I'm a ginger ale addict. Has to be Canada Dry though. To each their own?:dunno:

Mar
11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
sprinkle a little salt on a boiled egg and eat it. No cutting, just eat the egg with salt on it.

Also I guess my habits consist of Coke.....a lot of Coke. I've drank well over 10,000 cans of it.

me_dennis
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
i posted this in another thread, but this would qualify i guess:

I absolutely love peanut butter and cha lua (vietnamese pork sausage) sandwiches.

picmerollin
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
This isn't very strange but...I ordered some panago and didnt get any jalapeno ranch, so i made some sauce with creamy cucumber salad dressing and Siracha - turns out it is a great dip.

bignerd
11-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I love balsamic vinegar... Could probably do shots of that stuff.

Also my husband likes to take peanut butter and roll it into a ball, dip it in sugar and eat it. Melting cheddar cheese on a piece of bread in the microwave and eating it is popular with him too.

I remember when I was little I like ketchup sandwiches and heating big Marshmallow up in the microwave and eating them with a fork.

Guillermo
11-11-2011, 10:42 AM
i eat spoonfuls of Franks hot sauce all by itself. i can eat a whole jar of pepperoncini peppers in one sitting. i make sandwiches with hard boiled eggs (sliced), cucumber, cheese, and mayo; i thought i invented this but apparently it's normal in Holland.

..*JDM Hatch*..
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Mashed potatos with vanilla ice cream. fries and ice cream, roast beef with peanut butter and or mustard, chicken wings with ice cream. So good to a strange man. :drool:

Guillermo
11-11-2011, 01:13 PM
i like chef boyardee ravioli cold, right out of the can. i also like canned corned beef hash, which is pretty much dog food.

one time i ate this "upscale" cat treat (dehydrated chicken chunks), and thought it was good. :rofl:

i also LOVE ketchup on my KD, which is completely weird since i'm American. In america, we don't put ketchup on our KD... instead, we rely on Kraft to produce the "tomato cheese" flavored KD, which has the same effect but is more processed cause that's how we roll. :rofl:

masoncgy
11-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Got to thinking... I eat my food in sections... like, if I am served a meat, a veg & a side... I will eat the meat first... or the veg first... or even the side first... very rarely do I take a bit of everything.

Of course, I know that I do this, so if I'm at a gathering or with people for lunch or dinner or whatever, I won't do it... lol...

I guess this is my socially awkward penguin trait... ;)

Originally posted by bignerd
Melting cheddar cheese on a piece of bread in the microwave and eating it is popular with him too.

I used to take a rice cake, put a slice of cheddar cheese in it, then microwave it for like 30+ seconds... not just to melt it, but to fry and it and crisp it up. I haven't had that in years... hmmm... *adds rice cakes to shopping list*

Guillermo
11-12-2011, 02:28 AM
when i was in high school, me and my best friend would make "nasties," which was a tortilla with 1.5 pieces of Krarft Singles and a pickle, nuked for 60 seconds and rolled up. :drool:

snoop101
11-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by adam c
i put soya sauce on my rice

This made me LOL

bigbadboss101
11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
A guy I know when we go for pho would hold the salt shaker in one hand. He would scoop the noodle/beef with the spoon and shake some salt onto EVERY spoonful. We all thought that was unhealthy.

clem24
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
I met a girl who eats lemons like apples, so i tried it. it actually wasn't too bad haha

Eating lemons straight up.. LOL that's pretty bad for your teeth. Basically like pouring acid on your teeth.

Hmm.. I can't think of a single weird eating habit. Weird food (by Western standard yes, like snake, organs even tried scorpions once) but can't think of any weird habits...

jdmXSI
11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I dip french fries in ice cream when i have the chance and what is especially good is when you dip fries in a hot fudge sunde!

I also used to have a friendback in high school that would eat milk bone dog treats as a snack:nut:

flipstah
11-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Kraft Singles with sugar. SO GOOD.

GQBalla
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
A guy I know when we go for pho would hold the salt shaker in one hand. He would scoop the noodle/beef with the spoon and shake some salt onto EVERY spoonful. We all thought that was unhealthy.

Was He nammer?

masoncgy
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

My aunt does that with salad. She shakes salt on each of bite of her salad and eats it. She puts salt on everything, come to think of it.

You know you should quit chain smoking when... :dunno:

Dumbass17
11-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
i eat spoonfuls of Franks hot sauce all by itself. i can eat a whole jar of pepperoncini peppers in one sitting. i make sandwiches with hard boiled eggs (sliced), cucumber, cheese, and mayo; i thought i invented this but apparently it's normal in Holland.

dude i LOVE franks hot sauce. they don't have it in australia, so i ordered some off the web, 4L of the shit haha. a guy at work ended up buying 2L off me cause he loved it. now everyone at work loves it and we are ordering more but it's always out of stock online. i put that shit on everything

and pepperoncini peppers, i love those. and i can't find those here anywhere!! they go so well in caesars!

abyss
11-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Hampstor always calls me weird for eating butter and soy sauce on my rice.

But he eats soy sauce on eggs. That's way weirder.

almerick
11-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I like to eat chips with chopsticks, keeps your fingers clean :dunno:

master hec0
11-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I sometimes squish up slices of white bread and make cubes it tastes better that way:confused:

when making peanut butter sandwiches I mix the peanut butter with a bit of margarine.

I enjoy an ungodly amount of pickles on any of my subs at subway and will dip the bread in pickle juice occasional

and raspberry jam on bacon

Guillermo
11-12-2011, 10:11 PM
^^reminds me, when I worked at Dairy Queen in high school, my best friend and I would make "pickle burgers," which was a bun, an approx. 2 cm layer of pickles, a thin crappy DQ burger patty, another 2 cm layer of pickles, and top bun. :drool:

SKR
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Got to thinking... I eat my food in sections... like, if I am served a meat, a veg & a side... I will eat the meat first... or the veg first... or even the side first... very rarely do I take a bit of everything.

Of course, I know that I do this, so if I'm at a gathering or with people for lunch or dinner or whatever, I won't do it... lol...

I guess this is my socially awkward penguin trait... ;)

I do the same thing, except people I'm eating with can go fuck themselves. Meat first, then vegetables, then starch. Always in that order, no exceptions. I pick stew apart and eat it in that order too.

Originally posted by master hec0
I enjoy an ungodly amount of pickles on any of my subs at subway and will dip the bread in pickle juice occasional

I'll sit down with a plate of pickles at home eat them with a fork. My cousin does this too. Pickles are the best.

Dumbass17
11-13-2011, 04:17 PM

haha i just finished a breakfast sub with lots of pickles. i used to ask for extra pickles, now i just ask for 'way too many pickles', usually get a chuckle and tons of pickles

seer_claw
11-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Eggs over easy with maple syrup, the real maple syrup not table syrup. :drool:

Guillermo
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
i agree with you guys that pickles rule. at any given time I have 2 or 3 jars in the fridge, of different kinds. the best ones are Calussen, but even the others are good too. sometime i even drink little sips of pickle juice.

my love of pickles has even transferred to other pickled things, like peperoncini, jalapenos, cauliflower, etc. the one thing I've yet to try is pickled eggs, but they sell them at Keith's Deli and i'm gonna get one sometime soon.

ekguy
11-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by swak
I eat my fries with mayo.

thats not weird at all. What do you think Aioli is? Very common. I do the same. Try mixing a bit of mustard in with your mayo, delicious.

master hec0
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
^^reminds me, when I worked at Dairy Queen in high school, my best friend and I would make "pickle burgers," which was a bun, an approx. 2 cm layer of pickles, a thin crappy DQ burger patty, another 2 cm layer of pickles, and top bun. :drool:

on a dare (and friend buying) I had a veggie foot long sub stuffed with 100% pickles it was awful

wardpr68
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
My girlfriend spreads peanut butter on her pancakes and then tops it off with syrup. It's very strange.

Dumbass17
11-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
My girlfriend spreads peanut butter on her pancakes and then tops it off with syrup. It's very strange.
i think you meant very common

clem24
11-16-2011, 09:21 AM
i agree with you guys that pickles rule. at any given time I have 2 or 3 jars in the fridge, of different kinds. the best ones are Calussen, but even the others are good too. sometime i even drink little sips of pickle juice.

Hmm never heard of those.. I really like Strubs...

botox
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by almerick
I like to eat chips with chopsticks, keeps your fingers clean :dunno:
All my co-workers think I'm weird for doing that as well but they think it's a good idea, especially being in IT touching disgusting keyboards and mice all day. To stay on topic and not as weird as some of you guys, I like eating chips with rice and plain congee with sausage or bacon :drool:

Guillermo
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Hmm never heard of those.. I really like Strubs...

oh man, Strub's are kinda like Claussen, but Claussen are WAY better. I think Strub's is like the poor Canadian copy of Claussen.

i like them both, but i'd take Claussen over Strub's any day.

it's also actually very easy to make identical-tasting pickles at home, but a lot of people aren't down for the couple hours of work and the 8 weeks of waiting.

[GaGe]
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
I always eat my eggs the same way... Sunnyside up, sucking the yok up like it's a nipple :rofl:

Hi-Psi
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I love eating cheez whiz sandwiches with regular ruffled chips on it...

jdmXSI
11-19-2011, 03:59 PM
i have recently discovered fried egg sandwich with cheese and siracha:drool:

95teetee
11-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy

funny -I do this with everything except veal cutlets with mashed potatoes and vegetables- that I'll eat with a little of each together---and they each have to last to the end of the meal. Have to ration near the end to make sure one doesn't run out early lol.

Haven't eaten this since I was a kid, but used to love potato chips with chocolate (regular chips, and plain chocolate like a Dairy Milk bar.) I guess it's that 'sweet and salty' combo:dunno:

dirtsniffer
11-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Ya. My mom used to dip Pringles in chocolate when I was a kid. I've seen it in stores now though. Trendsetters I guess.

muse017
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
2 Raw Eggs + a bowl ofsteamed rice + Sesame Oil + Soy Sauce + 1 spoon of Butter ...hmmmmmm

Teknix
11-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Ketchup in my mashed potatoes
Cheeze Wiz on pancackes
I'm sure there's a bunch more.

master hec0
11-24-2011, 09:37 PM
plum sauce with fish sticks. try it

schurchill39
11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I put caesar salad dressing on my scrambled eggs or on plain chicken breasts.

Bumjubeo
11-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Sriracha on everything.

Kettle Corn with Sriracha. Cheese, Sriracha, and Butter Sandwiches.

Ranch Dressing on my lasagna.

Thats about all I can think of right now.

lison
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Haven't quite read other but Nutella in a blueberry bagel~

JordanEG6
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Some of these sound so gross, it makes me laugh. :rofl:

I like Wendy's fries with my Frosty.

flipstah
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Some of these sound so gross, it makes me laugh. :rofl:

I like Wendy's fries with my Frosty.

I do that with my McFlurry too! Thought I was the only one. :drool:

HuMz
12-03-2011, 10:14 AM
plum sauce with fish sticks. try it

Tried this last night when I ran outta tar tar sauce lol, wasn't all that bad.

For me I usually eat a pound of bacon in one sitting for breakfast the odd saturday morning.

Add mcdonalds hashbrowns into my BLT bagel or sausage mcmuffin.

Make salad with ichiban noodles with soy sauce and siriachi sauce.

Italian Dressing and feta cheese on fries.

Come to think of it I can put soy and sirachi sauce on just about any type of food and be okay with it.

swak
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

thats not weird at all. What do you think Aioli is? Very common. I do the same. Try mixing a bit of mustard in with your mayo, delicious.

Done and Done!
Sooo good :love:

... my friends think its strange, and going to restaurants and asking for a side of mayo i only get it 10% of the time at best.
but thats Rad... So im not that weird after all...

SlickA70
12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Maple syrup on my bacon and ham.

Crab meat with mustard.

Olives on anything.