PDA

View Full Version : Noob parking lot question

alberta_gamer
11-11-2011, 01:37 AM
OK, so when a parkade mentions a monthly fee for parking, but for scrambled parking, does that mean first-come-first-served?

Thanks.

HHURICANE1
11-11-2011, 09:21 AM
It means you don't get an assigned parking space.

darthVWader
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
First come first get the good spots but you will have a spot since you paid for the month. It might be a crap spot if you show up late but you will get a spot.

Kloubek
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
^ Hey, what's with the guy in your avatar? He was in the Tim Hortons commercials - now the Telus commercials. I've seen him in others too. Is he really so talented he has to be hired by all these companies?

ZeeZee
11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
The lots that share monthly and daily/hourly parkers can be a problem if you get to work later and the lot is full.

Even if it's scramble, try to get one that has monthly parkers only if you can.

cloud7
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I think those lots with scramble parking sells slightly more parking passes than parking spaces, because on any given day they see 5% or more of the people not using the spaces for whatever reason (sick, working outside of office.

alberta_gamer
11-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
^ Hey, what's with the guy in your avatar? He was in the Tim Hortons commercials - now the Telus commercials. I've seen him in others too. Is he really so talented he has to be hired by all these companies?

It's a talent to move your eyeballs independently.

Thanks for your answers everybody.

After all these years of working outside downtown and avoiding all those headaches, my company is now moving downtown. :-( Oh well, I'll have more choices for lunch.