PDA

View Full Version : Louise Plus Card Question

Isaiah
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
In addition to Lake Louise, the card is valid at Kicking Horse, Castle Mountain, and Revelstoke. When I went to Louise last week and activated the Direct to Lift option, they took the card and replaced it with a punched card with my picture on it that looks like a season's pass.

Is that my Louise Card that I present to the other ski hills now for my discount?

PS. Has anyone shredded Castle or Revy and care to comment on those hills? Apparently they have less lifts and runs but get WAY more snow with average snowfalls of 2286cm and 1524cm respectively compared to Louise (454cm) and Sunshine (914cm).

SOAB
11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
the most EPIC snow day i've ever had in my snowboarding life (13 years) was at castle mountain last year.

it is steep, the snow was DEEEEEP, and the temp was perfect. not too warm and not too cold.

schocker
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
the most EPIC snow day i've ever had in my snowboarding life (13 years) was at castle mountain last year.

it is steep, the snow was DEEEEEP, and the temp was perfect. not too warm and not too cold.

Oh I went to Louise on the day after my birthday last year and it started snowing heavily just past the banff gates. The powder was amazing, about up to my knees and no one had ridden it yet, so it was my best boarding day everrrrrrr.

I dont like how the louise pass though changed back to the 1-4-7 days free since it was 1-2 last year.

-relk-
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I frequented Castle last year and I like it far more than Louise or Sunshine. Anytime I went, I was abe to find freshies at the end of the day still, but the lines were pretty bad a couple times. They only have a double chair going to the top of the mountain, so the lines can get bad at times.

On second thought, castle sucks, go to Louise and stay away from my lines :devil:

EDIT: Here is a video of Castle last year during their big dump (100+ cm in 2 days). It was on a Tuesday so I missed it due to class :(

http://biglines.com/video/ski-deep-powder-castle-mountain-march-1-2011

Guillermo
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
the card is kinda sucky this year, the free days are like the 1st, 4th, and 7th time you go. last year the first 2 days were free. i still bought one, but boo!

taemo
11-11-2011, 05:39 PM
^ kinda like what they have at Sunshine, yeah it sucks.. the one from last year was a killer deal, was hoping on stacking 2-3 cards this year

SIC1
11-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Card promo this year sucks, if you are only using it for Lake Louise. I live in Banff and have always found a way to get 1/2 tickets $46 (after Tax) through friends that work at LL for friends and family coming into town or talking to the lifties if you have something to trade - ass, gas, or grass, so I heard.

In reality it's just like the Sunshine Marmot Card because it averages out to just over $50 for each time you go if you use all 7 days.

Revelstoke AKA RevelStuck. (I had to call in sick or late for work due to the crazy amount of snow and in fact that they have to close Roger's pass due to avalanches 5 times later winter - that says something about the amount of snow they get and consistently) I go there frequently due to working for a heliskiing company on my days off. The best bowls and pow the last two years I have been.

Kicking horse blows LL out of the water on a Pow day, but having great back bowls at LL (Purple, Boomerang are where it's at - have to hike up a bit but that's the closest you'll get to fresh lines and wide open pow shots to the face)

Although for most of you living in Calgary. Castle is the place to be for pow days, instead of travel ling 1.5 to 3 hours to 5 hours to the other resorts.

Now working for a heliskiing company, I don't bother going on piste. You get very spoiled, very quickly and if you don't get 15cm 20cm of fresh, I consider it just "another snow day".