PDA

View Full Version : Avicii + Deadmau5 dec 28/29 in Edmonton

ClearBluewater
11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Anyone going to drive down for these two shows? Possibly a NYE show in edmonton too?

Its too bad the mau5 wont make it down to Calgary :(

dj_patm
11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I have absolutely no interest in mau5. I was obsessed with his music a little more then a year ago but nothing he has put out since interests me.

It's almost all the same... Roll Roll Roll *DROP*. Every beat.

I'm sure it will still be a fun show though and Edmonton is lucky to get both Avicii and Mau5 in two days.

Sucks that its unplugged though.

Still to those going, enjoy!

TeamBestBud
11-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
I can't believe I'm saying this but I have absolutely no interest in mau5. I was obsessed with his music a little more then a year ago but nothing he has put out since interests me.

It's almost all the same... Roll Roll Roll *DROP*. Every beat.

SYIXLx7on7w

You no rikey?

schurchill39
11-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Deadmau5 is in Saskatoon on the 28th...

Grogador
11-11-2011, 07:18 PM

dj_patm
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
Boring music, boring show, and he doesn't even spin or do any live production, just hits "play" and waves his hand, bobs his head sideways :thumbsdow

AGREED.

Nothing makes me laugh more when his fan boys claim that "he's not a dj". Well you can certainly make a case for that, this illusion that people have of him being some sort of "live act" is retarded. He fades in stems of his own music... Wow. Crazy.

A live Electronica act would be something like this:

YDZ28ds4GC8

icky2unk
11-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm

AGREED.

Nothing makes me laugh more when his fan boys claim that "he's not a dj". Well you can certainly make a case for that, this illusion that people have of him being some sort of "live act" is retarded. He fades in stems of his own music... Wow. Crazy.

A live Electronica act would be something like this:

YDZ28ds4GC8

I consider him a live show, I consider any DJ a live you. You pay money to be entertained do you not. Deadmau5 puts on great shows and the effort put into the lighting and stage is phenomenal compared to other DJ's. Do i consider myself a Deadmau5 fanboy..no, do I think I have a hell of a time at his events..yup.

dj_patm
11-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by icky2unk

I consider him a live show, I consider any DJ a live you. You pay money to be entertained do you not. Deadmau5 puts on great shows and the effort put into the lighting and stage is phenomenal compared to other DJ's. Do i consider myself a Deadmau5 fanboy..no, do I think I have a hell of a time at his events..yup.

He puts on a great show. Definitely. I saw him last year with the cube and it was pretty fuckin' sick. (This show is unplugged though. No cube)

Musically though there is nothing "special" about his set despite what him and his fans claim. He's actually worse then most DJ's cause he only plays his own stuff.

ClearBluewater
11-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Boring music, boring show, and he doesn't even spin or do any live production, just hits "play" and waves his hand, bobs his head sideways :thumbsdow

So many fucking haters.

His show is 100 times better than 99% of the djs who do actually mix live. I don't really care if he is mixing right there and then, he is playing the music he produced, and I'm sure he could mix it if needed. Going to a Deadmau5 or Skrillex shows that pioneer a whole new concept of electronic music live, is way better than going to see some guy puts his headphones on every 2-4 mins to mix a song in and wave his hands around.

dj_patm
11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
His unplugged shows are terrible though.
Theres nothing "revolutionary" about them. There's nothing even interesting about them. He just plays his own shit like a playlist on I tunes.

lasimmon
11-18-2011, 06:31 PM
What do you mean by unplugged? If you dont mind me asking

flipstah
11-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
What do you mean by unplugged? If you dont mind me asking

Usually, "unplugged" means acoustic version... But this is Avicii.

Man, I need to get out more.

lasimmon
11-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Usually, "unplugged" means acoustic version... But this is Avicii.

Man, I need to get out more.

Yah i was wondering how an electronic artist goes unplugged haha

psycoticclown
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
He doesn't plug in his headphones and doesn't mix? :dunno:

dj_patm
11-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Unplugged is the Deadmau5 show and it means NO CUBE.

No fancy show.

ClearBluewater
11-20-2011, 08:23 PM
3l5N2pabiME&ob=av3e

Grogador
11-20-2011, 08:42 PM

psycoticclown
11-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I was probably going to raves before you were born, sooo Imma hate all I likes.

No, it's not. Maybe better than your club/wedding DJ who just fades tracks, but has nothing on someone who can mix, build, drop, scratch and rape the crowd. The cubes were cute but LED walls are kinda played out.

Just queue it up in iTunes then, if that's all you're after. He doesn't even alter the track order nor length, all predefined tracklist and cuepoints.

A little birdie that was touring with him told me that he doesn't know how :rofl: DJs are inventive, creative and know how to fondle a crowd. Instead of being limited to playing their latest CD, a DJ's selections contain original tracks, others' tracks, dubplates, remixes, whatever, all carefully chosen and manipulated live through an almost endless variety of filters, effects and track combinations. They know what to play, what to mix it with, when to play it and for how long to drive the crowd into a frenzy.

Ah, you consider mau5 and Skrilly to be "pioneers", explains a lot. They're skilled producers, that's about it.

ejYI65dyVBI

:werd:

ClearBluewater
11-22-2011, 10:31 PM
I was probably going to raves before you were born, sooo Imma hate all I likes.

No, it's not. Maybe better than your club/wedding DJ who just fades tracks, but has nothing on someone who can mix, build, drop, scratch and rape the crowd. The cubes were cute but LED walls are kinda played out.

Just queue it up in iTunes then, if that's all you're after. He doesn't even alter the track order nor length, all predefined tracklist and cuepoints.

A little birdie that was touring with him told me that he doesn't know how :rofl: DJs are inventive, creative and know how to fondle a crowd. Instead of being limited to playing their latest CD, a DJ's selections contain original tracks, others' tracks, dubplates, remixes, whatever, all carefully chosen and manipulated live through an almost endless variety of filters, effects and track combinations. They know what to play, what to mix it with, when to play it and for how long to drive the crowd into a frenzy.

Ah, you consider mau5 and Skrilly to be "pioneers", explains a lot. They're skilled producers, that's about it.

ejYI65dyVBI

Okay so you are like 40-50 years old and you're still going to raves? I doubt that, but if you are thats a whole different story.

The fact that I think Deadmau5/Skrillex types of shows are much more interesting to attend is my opinion and I could care less if you agree with it.

An LED wall and their setups are nothing alike. Obviously you've never been to their shows.

Scratching has nothing to do with their genre of music, so why even bring it up?

They can rape the dance floor pretty fucking hard, and you should probably check out some of their live shows on youtube.

Please dont pretend you know anything about his mixing skills because "your friend" told you he cant mix. More likely story is you have no clue.

You are obviously some but hurt old man who cant appreciate something good. Why dont you check out some youtube videos of his shows with attendances of 30,000+ people, since you cant really make an appearance. Last year he had to make 3 shows in Calgary which all sold out within minutes. He was the top selling artist on beatport in 2008 and top 10 in DJmag like 3 years in a row, close to the top as well.

Obviously nobody else seems to realize that his shows are terrible, and you know exactly whats going on. :rolleyes:

Grogador
11-23-2011, 12:28 AM

ClearBluewater
11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't know how you can say its not an interesting show compared to 99% of the djs out there who just sit, mix and maybe come out to the stage and shake some hands before their set is over?

Britney might sell out stadiums of kids, but deadmau5 sells out stadiums of 20-30 year olds. You cant even define "good" in this context, little girls like it and think its "good" who are you to say otherwise.

Please stop acting like you know anything past the first page google results when talking about his mixing skills.

Its true that beatport and djmag probably dont have too much that interests you; however, I think they are after a much younger demographic. If its not interesting to you does that mean they are no longer a credible source?

TheCheff
11-26-2011, 03:06 PM

ejYI65dyVBI [/B]

wow this song is buck.. Also to add to the convo 'Ive seen deadmau5 at warehouse before he blew up and also on NYE in edmonton last year, both times accompanying djs out played him. First time was eddie halliwell, NYE was skrillex. I would be really stoked to see Avicii haven't been to a good uplifting house set in a while.

rumeo
11-26-2011, 04:02 PM
If anyone has any extra tickets to avicii, whether in calgary/edm. PM me please