PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs. JM Márquez III

jampack
11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Surprised no thread about this yet! Anyone watching?

JordanEG6
11-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I am. Watching the undercards now.
Should be interesting considering there was no clear winner in the last 2 bouts.

msouther
11-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Anybody have an online feed for this? Too cheap to buy PPV.

Mixed about who I want to win. Love Pacquiao, but also tend to cheer for Mexican fighters too since my wife is from there. Probably have a slight edge towards Pacman.

msouther
11-12-2011, 09:11 PM
firstrowsports.tv

Weapon_R
11-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Fixed fight

msouther
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Yup, total BS. I like Pacquiao, but Marquez deserved to win that. I love boxing, but the politics ruins it. If Marquez would've won, that would've screwed the chances or post-poned even further, the chances of Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. It's all about money.

yellowsnow
11-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah... such a shame. I was rooting for Pacman, but thought Marquez had that in the bag.

gam0s
11-13-2011, 12:31 AM
funny, it is all about the money. they put back to back controversial wins for the two top fighters. they've got to blow it up!:nut: :nut: :nut:

D'z Nutz
11-13-2011, 12:31 AM
http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/manny.marquez.tix.jpg

dirty_sohc and I just got back from the fight. Fucking amazing time. The place was full of Mexicans so there was a lot of support for Marquez (though no shortage of Manny fans of course). We were cheering for Manny, but yeah we both thought Marquez should've won that fight.

kamatayan
11-13-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm sure the scoring is computed by points based on the number of clean blows landed, regardless of impact.

rob the knob
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
id like to see another fight between the two

marquez > manny

if maywether fight happen then these two should go again to show who is better in fair fight.

95teetee
11-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Marquez got screwed.

and anyone who still thinks Manny>Money May is wrong.
(and I mean based on skill, not the fact that we would like to see Manny beat up Mayweather because he's an a-hole lol)

Originally posted by kamatayan
I'm sure the scoring is computed by points based on the number of clean blows landed, regardless of impact. of course not- the scoring is done by judges who sit at ringside and simply watch the fight.
The best way I've heard it put is : "give the round to the fighter you'd rather be after the round"
If Glenn Trowbridge would rather be Pac-man after the 8 of those rounds then he's a bigger idiot than the score makes him look.

krazykhoja
11-13-2011, 10:38 AM
The announcers were saying that Marquez's corner told him he was winning the fight before the 12th round started. He seemed to play more conservative that final round and IMO Pacman won the 12th. But if Marquez had won the final round the scores would have looked like this

114-114 (instead of 115-113)
115-113 Marquez (instead of 114-114)
113-115 Pacman (instead of 112-116).

So it becomes a split decision.

I think it was a pretty close fight, but IMO Marquez's corner kinda screwed him by telling him he was winning the fight, especially when it was a close fight.

OriginalGoods
11-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
[/B]

:burnout:

[GaGe]
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't see how Marquez got "robbed" in this fight. It FELT like Marquez won the fight because he did more damage, but there's no way that Marquez won that fight clearly. At BEST, Marquez won the fight by 115-113. The judge who scored the fight 116-112 for Pacquiao was on crack lol.

I watched the fight twice; scored it as a draw the first time, and scored it 115-113 Pacquiao the second time:

R1: 10-9 Pacquiao
This was a clear round. Marquez didn't do anything. Pacquiao was the aggressor and landed more punches.

R2: 10-9 Marquez
Close round. Both were landing punches, but Marquez landed a few more power punches.

R3: 10-9 Pacquiao
Clear round. Pacquiao was blocking punches all round, and landed his own powershots.

R4: 10-9 Pacquiao
Another clear round. Pacquiao dominated the first 2 minutes of the round. Only thing going for Marquez was his one good punch at the end of the round.

R5: 10-9 Marquez
Clear round for Marquez. He destroyed Pacquiao and only got hit with light jabs.

R6: 10-9 Pacquiao
Clear round for Pacquiao. He dominated the first 2 minutes of the round, when Marquez only landed a few bodyshots. The last minute of the round was more even.

R7: 10-9 Marquez
Clear round for Marquez. He was landing powershots with ease, and countering Pacquiao the whole round. Pacquiao only started landing punches in the last 30 seconds.

R8: 10-9 Marquez
Another clear round for Marquez. Landed powershots and countered throughout the round.

R9: 10-9 Marquez
Close round. Both fighters landed a similar number of punches. Marquez was more effective and did more damage.

R10: 10-9 Pacquiao
Very close round. I had Pacquiao winning the round in the last 10 seconds. The only good combination that Marquez landed was during the accidental headbutt. If we ignore the headbutt, then the round MIGHT go to Marquez.

R11: 10-9 Pacquiao
Closest round in the fight. Pacquiao dominated the first minute, and Marquez dominated the second minute. Pacquiao landed more punches overall, but Marquez did more damage. Gave this round to Pacquiao for being the aggressor and landing more punches.

R12: 10-9 Pacquiao
Clear round for Pacquiao here. Close for the first 2 minutes, but Marquez was running the entire last minute of the fight.

Total: 115-113 Pacquiao

I would give Marquez a 115-113 win only if we ignored the accidental headbutt in Round 10, and gave him Round 11 (even though he landed less punches overall).

I'm happy with the majority decision. It was a damn close fight, but there's no way it was a robbery lol. I'm not a fan of Floyd, but if Pacquiao fights Mayweather, he's going to get destroyed. If he's having trouble landing against Marquez and getting countered that many times, he's not going to be able to touch Mayweather.

slowboy
11-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by krazykhoja
The announcers were saying that Marquez's corner told him he was winning the fight before the 12th round started. He seemed to play more conservative that final round and IMO Pacman won the 12th. But if Marquez had won the final round the scores would have looked like this

114-114 (instead of 115-113)
115-113 Marquez (instead of 114-114)
113-115 Pacman (instead of 112-116).

So it becomes a split decision.

How is that a split decision? That is a draw.

krazykhoja
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by slowboy

How is that a split decision? That is a draw.

Sorry by split decision I meant there is no winner. I don't watch a ton of boxing so used the term wrong.

Jsen-DC2
11-14-2011, 06:32 PM
i was pretty drunk that night, didnt even notice,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WwAeQzMTXUY

:guns:

it looked like pac wasn't himself that night.