PDA

View Full Version : Part time job for weekdays

SunshineGirl
01-26-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm looking for a part time job in which I can work during the week days.I have another job I work for evenings and weekends so I would just need it during the mornings until about 4pm or so. Anyone know of any jobs like this please post..thank you

max_boost
01-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Coffee shops
Restaurants
Grocery stores

I don't think it's difficult finding a job, but I think it's difficult finding a well paying job. Since this is part time, I'm assuming it's for extra income.

SunshineGirl
01-26-2004, 10:59 PM
I tried the grocery store thing..butyou have to work weekends and nights...blah blah...I just need a flexible job to help pay for my schooling

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Coffee shops
Restaurants
Grocery stores

I don't think it's difficult finding a job, but I think it's difficult finding a well paying job. Since this is part time, I'm assuming it's for extra income.

Harder than you would think man.. unless i am just a dumbass.. I been handing out resumes like mad this past month and NOTHING.. :thumbsdow I don't care if it is like 6-7 bux an hour.. but I still can't find anyone hiring..

Maybe I am just goin about it all wrong.. :dunno:

Shaolin
01-26-2004, 11:29 PM
I don't know very many part time jobs that let you work only on weekdays.. unless maybe entry level office jobs that specify part time..

Ben
01-27-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Coffee shops
Restaurants
Grocery stores

Truer words never spoken.

This city is full of jobs. I've been in the job market for a bit over a month and there is TONS of jobs Full and Part time, the kicker is the wages are so low. if you want a menial job at fast food, video stores, gas stations, stuff like that, there are tons, that $6-8 buck area is abundant. However, anything more than 10 an hour and its a fair bit more difficult.

It also sucks when you're used to higher pay and then you see jobs paying a third or Half of what you made and you are apprehensive about taking them.

Persistance pays off tho.

Part time during the week is a little more difficult, most want you to work evenings and weekend.

A_3
01-27-2004, 01:47 PM
The trick to getting a part time job only during weekdays is when you first get hired you must take all the shifts they give you, work damn hard, and never complain. After a couple months you get past probabtion your gold, you can switch your shifts to when ever and they can't fire you unless you mess up pretty bad. Good Luck :thumbsup:

SunshineGirl
01-27-2004, 04:36 PM
yeah well I sort of only have time for the job during the days as I have a job working for my parents in the evenings....

FiveFreshFish
01-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Go to a temp agency and see sign up for office help jobs like receptionist, mail room, etc. These jobs don't take much training and are usually during office hours.

three33
01-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Office jobs like that are a hassle to find because most people want experience...anyways good luck

mwmhong
01-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SunshineGirl
I'm looking for a part time job in which I can work during the week days........SNIP.......during the mornings until about 4pm or so. Anyone know of any jobs like this please post..thank you

Morning shift at a hotel front desk is usually 7AM-3 PM.

ole dsm
02-03-2004, 09:24 PM
why not learn a trade?
electrician 's helper?
cribbers helper
roofing
any construction job or big job sites can always use helpers.
most of the time u would make 10 an hour carrying things and so forth, easy job

look for a job site ask to speak to the contractor and ask them if they are looking or needing a helper.

there are a lot of job sites out ther and a lot of contractors that can't get good reliable help.
make sure thow that the people working look like they get paid !