PDA

View Full Version : Everything Must Go

HiTempguy1
11-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I recently watched this movie as I was originally impressed with Will Ferrell's appearance in Stranger Than Fiction; this movie seemed right up that alley.

It's weird, as the movie is a "comedy" drama... but there isn't much comedy in the movie. At best, it is dry, more like an akward "haha, that's funny because it's like real life and... depressing" than straight up laughing. The movie makes you think... more like reflect.

Is it a masterpiece? No. But a very well done movie. Has a plot twist that I did not see coming, and because of where it was in the movie and what was going on, I don't know whether I feel it was poorly scripted in or perfectly done. I know I've done what happens if it's a personal friends property (to not give away spoilers I'll keep that vague).

What do you think? Does Will Ferrell have what it takes to be a legitimate actor? Jim Carey and Adam Sandler have both tried to do the same thing (Carey much more successfully, but his comedy dramas are usually pretty even on the comedy and drama unlike this movie).

codetrap
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
No, I don't think he has what it takes. He should stick to comedy.

Also, I think the entire movie was just awkward and depressing.

403Gemini
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
My girlfriend HATES Will Ferrell , like I can sense the tension from her when he comes on the screen, but I made her watch Stranger than Fiction, and at the end

when he gets hit by the bus

she was almost in tears because she loved him and his character in that movie.

I think he absolutely has what it takes to be a very legitimate actor.

The problem with Ferrell is a lot of his movies would make GREAT 2 minute SNL sketches, but he drags them out into 90 minute movies which are dreadfully terrible.

Anchorman, Old School, and Taladega nights are probably my fav comedies he's done where I can watch them over and over. Then he does movies like step brothers, other guys, semi pro (which was funny at parts... "did you call me a jive turkey?!" :rofl: ), blades of glory... which are pretty much crap.

Kobe
11-15-2011, 04:47 AM
The movie was decent, prob not a movie I would watch again but it was good!

71car2
11-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Didn't watch most of Ferrell's latest movies. Had seen a few ones (not this one as stated above). Frankly, he is a decent actor but not at his peak IMO. It's not that he's trying to be comedy... it's that the times had changed on him.

Remember the '80s movie "Ferrell's Day Off" when he was a young actor? Now that was one of my favorite comedy movies. He was at his peak and great acting in that movie, then suddenly he somehow disappeared afterwards?? Now with him back in acting ... somehow his acting wasn't the same as I remembered.

As for watching the movie "Everything Must Go" ? Naw, not worth my time! I wouldn't.

Supa Dexta
11-15-2011, 09:59 AM
troll^