PDA

View Full Version : Best Tuner shop

Pages : [1] 2

silverEL
01-26-2004, 10:07 PM
what is the best shop that you have experienced?

ecstasy_civic
01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Ive had nothing but good luck at Diablo in Red Deer.

illeagle
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
I've only gone to a tuner shop once, and it was a long time ago, i went to CMS... it was for hyperwhite bulbs, back in '99-00

speedville: i called once for accel wires for my car, and they said they only work with "high performance" vehicles WTF?
Two of their car's can't even outrun my mini-van, it was a red AE86, and a 94-ish accord....

JordanLotoski
01-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I've only gone to a tuner shop once, and it was a long time ago, i went to CMS... it was for hyperwhite bulbs, back in '99-00

speedville: i called once for accel wires for my car, and they said they only work with "high performance" vehicles WTF?
Two of their car's can't even outrun a mini-van, it was a red AE86, and a 94-ish accord....

hahaha thats funny...the only car that i know of from speedville that is worth talking about is hollywoods.......thats funny only high performance cars hahahahah:rofl:

sxtasy
01-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Actually Speedville has done some nice cars

Hollywood
01-26-2004, 10:27 PM
One thing you should sate is no negative posts. As some of these posts turn into shop hater stuff.....

Aside from that most people know I'm pro speedville as Karl sponsored my car build 2 years ago. 4 hoists, a fully certified mechanic, and a new ex-hot rod mechanic. Not to mention Karl is a nice guy who is easy to deal with.

silverEL
01-26-2004, 10:30 PM
i think that negative posts are good too, so people can get the best service or help for their needs

JordanLotoski
01-26-2004, 10:31 PM
agreed, i mean ive never delt wityh speedville, oney have seen some of there cars, so cant say its a bad shop..but to not sell to anyone is kinda dumb....maybe he misunderstood

missblondie
01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Mark Lacey from tunerworks was always really good to me... even when I lived in Red Deer he treated me great:thumbsup:

silverEL
01-26-2004, 10:34 PM
ive always had great things to say about rob leech from tunerworks

great shop

my shop of choice

max_boost
01-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx
Mark Lacey from tunerworks was always really good to me... even when I lived in Red Deer he treated me great:thumbsup: I wonder why? haha j/k

The Tunerworks guys have always treated me well:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
01-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Whats cool about all the shops on the list in that they all have their unique niche markets and are great in their own way. Personally Ive dealt with Diablo Power Products in Red Deer. Only shop on that list with a dyno as well. Nick and the others at Speedtech also know what the hell theyre doing. For my tuning and hard to find parts its Diablo, for my import perf parts its speedtech and for my euro its tunerworks

sandman
01-26-2004, 11:37 PM
id hafta say autodream
did a wicked job on my car

pressure_ratio
01-26-2004, 11:51 PM
The best tuner shop in town,I don't think theres only one.You don't go to Guyons for a body kit and you don't go to Speedville,etc for custom fabrication/machine work.No complaints with Tunerworks,I've bought from them before and was treated well.

88CRX
01-26-2004, 11:54 PM
I've only dealt with pat @ speed tech and i'd recomend him to anyone..... he did my swap for me and even had a look at it after the fact to make sure everything was running cool.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
01-27-2004, 12:01 AM
I've had some pretty good experiences at Tunerworks, however it's too bad because at Tuner shops unless you've dropped a hell of a lot of money there, you wont get the service or prices that others will get.

Sometimes it feels like I'm getting ripped off when I know someone else can walk into the same shop and get parts for a lot less.

maximus
01-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Not to mention Karl is a nice guy who is easy to deal with.

I'll second that. Also CMS. Now I'm a VW guy and most of these places 'specialize' in import stuff rather than euro. That being said these two places have always been accomodating. Always going out of their way to look for stuff for me.

I've gotten some attitude from some places when I asked for quotes and such. Mostly treating me like I couldn't afford what I was asking for (because I drive a VW maybe????) but in the end they have seen what they missed out on!! :thumbsup:

Most places I have been to though, I've always had friendly service even if they couldn't get me stuff. I think that if you go in friendly and down-to-earth and not like your the king shit you'll always get friendly service.

itsnotaDUB
01-27-2004, 04:19 AM
i choose other, i dont deal with any of these places... only C1 for me...

GreenLude
01-27-2004, 08:38 AM
I choose other also.
I don't deal with any other shop than Millenium Auto Trendz anymore. IMO they also do the best paint jobs around.

Ben
01-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Mine is a combination. Seeing as how Tunerworks is really only a supplier and they dont have a install shop, so I buy my stuff from Tunerworks and either install it myself, or get vehicle work done at the VW dealership or Alpine Autowerks. Tunerworks and Alpine rule, that and they really cater towards Euros :)

sputnik
01-27-2004, 09:15 AM
missing Concept-1 in the list

Tuner1
01-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, and let's keep this thread clean and positive. We don't need to bash ANY of the great shops in Alberta :thumbsup:

www.tunerworks.com

pulse_crx
01-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Ive only mainly dealt with Pat at Speedtech, and the service was great. They know Honda's really well, and are great with getting in parts.

Ben
01-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Added Concept 1 and corrected the spelling of EXPERIENCE in the poll title.

silverEL
01-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Added Concept 1 and corrected the spelling of EXPERIENCE in the poll title.
haha
my bad
thanx ben

silverEL
01-27-2004, 11:26 AM
sometimes you also go to a cetain shop because of who u know there, or if a shop specializes on certain cars (ie concept 1)
anyways
happy voting
on a freakn cold day

ZorroAMG
01-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, i guess since PartSource and Canadian Tire aren't listed...LOL

My choice would have to be Rob and the boys at Tunerworks.....great service, even better prices and free chocolate sometimes ;)

To add to Ben's comment, yes if they or I cannot install the parts I purchase, they are always quick to find someone who can (ie. Marc@ Alpine)

GREAT JOB TUNERWORKS!!

Audi Kid
01-27-2004, 12:43 PM
my choice is tunerworks! all the guys there are very helpfull! :) keep up the good work!

Tilly
01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
apexmodified.ca in Edmonton. they are domestic oriented (majority of which are neons), but can cater to any plethora of vehicle types. good prices, great service, and really nice guys!!

ZorroAMG
01-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Plethora is probably one of the coolest words!! :D

oh, and:

TUNERWORKS TUNERWORKS TUNERWORKS TUNERWORKS!!!!!!

Toms-Celica
01-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Wheres the 'Mustang Shop' on that list? Awesome everything, I tried a hand full of those 'import' shops for Eibach springs, The Mustang shop came in $100 cheaper. Customer service A++++++++++++++

DJ Lazy
01-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I would have to say Speedtech.. They were great everytime I went. Karl is awesome guy aswell. :thumbsup:

T@Autotech
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
My choice is autodream, Nguyen and the guys do awesome work so nothing but great experiences with these guys!! :thumbsup:

BigShow
01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
street heat.... fo life

jdmakkord
01-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Wheres the 'Mustang Shop' on that list? Awesome everything, I tried a hand full of those 'import' shops for Eibach springs, The Mustang shop came in $100 cheaper. Customer service A++++++++++++++

Funny, I'd rather deal with Matt@ the mustang shop too, even with my honda....he's always got back to me with a quick quote, cheap shipping, and I wasn't waiting around for months.

Melinda
01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Aside from that most people know I'm pro speedville as Karl sponsored my car build 2 years ago. 4 hoists, a fully certified mechanic, and a new ex-hot rod mechanic. Not to mention Karl is a nice guy who is easy to deal with.
:werd: Karl did some work on my car a few months back and it was done quick, well, and really inexpensive compared to the price fountain tire gave me which was 3x the amount I paid at speedville...definately reccomend them :thumbsup:

Johnny@CustomAuto
01-27-2004, 06:02 PM
We are still new, so I don't expect many comments about us. But I assure you, we treat everyone here as very important individuals. I would love to hear from anyone who has dealt with us.

iv3rson
01-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Neeper
We are still new, so I don't expect many comments about us. But I assure you, we treat everyone here as very important individuals. I would love to hear from anyone who has dealt with us.

i've dealt with Customauto for a while now and have nothing but good things to say about these guys..... they honestly do care about their customers and thats why I keep going back for more products... I can't say anymore about other shops as I havn't tried them out but Customauto is great and maybe tahts why I havn't :)

civic_stylez
01-27-2004, 06:34 PM
ive been going to contemporary for 3 years and have nothing but good stuff to say about them...they have a killer staff there and they have bent over backwards to do stuff for me...not to mention the free set of wheels they gave me..best shop IMO!:thumbsup:

digi
01-27-2004, 06:47 PM
import Adrenelin baby :)

theken
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
anywhere but tunerworks for me, went once, had a REALLY bad experience, will never go back.

Order part promised in by friday or monday (which I needed friday or monday) month later still not in, turns out they hadn't ordered it yet :thumbsdow

subdermal
01-27-2004, 07:48 PM
"Other"

Holeshot Custom Engines

Mind you they're the only local shop I've dealt with, but I'm pleased with the results :thumbsup:

jdmcrx
01-27-2004, 08:33 PM
hey these shops aren't in calgary but if you guys ever come to saskatoon WSSL and Auto Xpressions are awesome. See Colin at wssl and Kurt or Mike at Auto X for awesome service and a fair price. hope to see the scene in calgary when i come down there this summer.

Paul
01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
i like Silent Rage Designs (no bias here). okay maybe a little, but we're not exactly a "tuner" shop, very different niche from those listed, prolly more along the lines of 3M Trimline or Striptech. But also got to give a shouts out to all the hard workers at all the shops in Calgary that represent at show's, and keep the cars on the streets of calgary lookin good.

:thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
hey you guys at SR do tint yet?

rx7_turbo2
01-27-2004, 09:56 PM

Agreed.

Maxt
01-27-2004, 10:38 PM
I am a pretty critical person when it comes to shops, fuck me over once, and thats it... I source alot of my own parts, I rarely need anyones advice when it comes to buying parts, or how to build my car, I can tell when someone is feeding me a line, I can tell one someone is making shit up on the fly... Call me lucky that way, or call me the hardsell customer...
I have dealt with alot of shops "once", so you can tell what I thought of those shops..
So far speedville is one of the few to get repeat business from me, I can go in, tell them what I want, pay my money, and get my part, they don't lie to me about delivery, in order just to get my sale...
All 3 guys there have a pretty good auto background...
And AL E(A/E tuning) is a fine mechanic...Maxt

R-Audi
01-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Neeper

I have dealt with Custom Auto for parts for my brothers car, and they were great to deal with, and they had great prices. Also offered to find anything that I need. Wouldn't hesitate on going there again.

Tunerworks is always great for Euro's, Usually my first choice since I drive a Euro :P

Jason at Import Adrenelin has always been quick with quotes, and seems great although I have never bought anything from him.

Nick from SpeedTech has been great as well, as I have been a little bit of a pain.....quite eager to help out.

Overall I haven't had too many bad experiences with local shops, but I do shop around depending on the parts I am lookig for.

Forcefed
01-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Hmm Local Shop I go for Speed-Tech and TunerWorks for my pops well hed do the Concept-1 all about VW...

But your forgettting the one major supplier "ebay" :D

Rav4Guy
01-28-2004, 01:26 AM
alot of places treat customers nice once they know you have a a "tuneable" car. otherwise they treat you like crap or they act all snobby.

even something as looking for lightbulbs.. or asking questions...

TurboEg6
01-28-2004, 12:15 PM
That Allan at speedtech is so helpfull. Check out their NEW HID KITS, 6000K!!!!

JDMDC2
01-28-2004, 02:26 PM
The only ship right now I deal with is Speedtech, Pat is a great tech that has installed quite a few thing such as motor swap and was done very quickly and a good job, Nick and Allan also have been great help with choosing some good parts and helped me i with making a car im very happy with.

Mike

ZorroAMG
01-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I found the other shops are a bit reluctant to help me because I drive a Benzo and act a bit resentful.... Tunerworks sees that shite everyday and has no problem helping the 3 pointed star family...

jus_sum_guy
01-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Select auto is not bad. They work on some pretty expensive cars there

CRX-R
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

This is generally true, there are very few wires that will actually improve vehicle performance, nology hot wires are one for sure. But if you don't have a heavily modded engine than changing the wires will really do nothing at all... unless ofcourse you pick up the +15hp colored 10mm wires :rolleyes: I think they were just being honest with you

CRX-R
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Most of the shops in town are going through allot of bullshit right now about not having the proper licensing to do the work they do. It should be mentioned that most of the shops listed in this poll are 'part stores' not 'tuning shops'. Meaning they shouldn't be doing engine swaps and clutch installs.. they should be selling you the parts and sending you to a real 'tuning shop' to have the work done. Maybe that's why so many of these swaps are being done in personal garages?? There's a certain shop (names aren't necessary) that's had to move allot of things (engines and such)to employees and friends garages because of this problem. Be careful where you're getting your swaps done. If you're told to meet up with 'jim' on saturday in his parents garage... maybe think twice about it... There's enough places in town that are actually aloud to be doing this kind of thing.

403Gemini
01-28-2004, 05:16 PM
i knwe a guy that was runnin a car shop outta his huge garage. only relied on word of mouth and made a killer living... until his neighbors complained and called the cops. cops said they didnt really care cept it is illegal for him to be doing business without a liscence. stupid neighbors !! *shakes fist*

Hollywood
01-28-2004, 08:39 PM

Ya good point. When I had a hotrod, my favorite shop to go to was the mustang shop too. I always delt with the dad, but the two yonger guys were cool too. (HAhahah Matt was a younger guy.)

Originally posted by CRX-R
Most of the shops in town are going through allot of bullshit right now about not having the proper licensing to do the work they do. It should be mentioned that most of the shops listed in this poll are 'part stores' not 'tuning shops'. Meaning they shouldn't be doing engine swaps and clutch installs.. they should be selling you the parts and sending you to a real 'tuning shop' to have the work done. Maybe that's why so many of these swaps are being done in personal garages?? There's a certain shop (names aren't necessary) that's had to move allot of things (engines and such)to employees and friends garages because of this problem. Be careful where you're getting your swaps done. If you're told to meet up with 'jim' on saturday in his parents garage... maybe think twice about it... There's enough places in town that are actually aloud to be doing this kind of thing.

Ya an excellent point. Out of that whole list how many have licenced mechanics? Hahaha probly less than 25%! which might be scary since they are adding performance mods to your car!

theken
01-28-2004, 08:44 PM
i found pat to be helpful at speedtech as well :thumbsup: to pat

civicrider
01-28-2004, 08:52 PM
im all about millenium and sometimes i'll goto impressions for some things, nicole is always helpful in finding what i need.

GorG
01-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Tunerworks, mmm they do such beautiful things to bimmers!!!

Hakkola
01-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I found the other shops are a bit reluctant to help me because I drive a Benzo and act a bit resentful.... Tunerworks sees that shite everyday and has no problem helping the 3 pointed star family...

:werd: Helped me out big time! Great service, this is the first time I've ordered anything from them so we'll see how everything goes though. I don't expect anything but the best. :)

max_boost
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I found the other shops are a bit reluctant to help me because I drive a Benzo and act a bit resentful.... Tunerworks sees that shite everyday and has no problem helping the 3 pointed star family... The great thing about Tunerworks is, they can get you almost everything. While other shops focus more on Imports, Rob and crew have got most of the hookups for the Euro stuff including Rieger, Hamann, A/C, Brabus, etc. When I decided the 323I needed a Rieger Kit, Breyton Wheels and OEM Clears, there was only one place that could bring it in!

ninjak84
01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by tyler
when your parts finally come in 4 weeks late

You're complaining about your parts being 4 weeks late?
I can tell you were never a customer at AutoZeal! :rofl:

GT2NV
01-29-2004, 08:14 PM
IMPORT ADRENALINE:thumbsup:

THREE40SEVEN
01-29-2004, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by jdmakkord

Funny, I'd rather deal with Matt@ the mustang shop too, even with my honda....he's always got back to me with a quick quote, cheap shipping, and I wasn't waiting around for months.

Ya good point. When I had a hotrod, my favorite shop to go to was the mustang shop too. I always delt with the dad, but the two yonger guys were cool too. (HAhahah Matt was a younger guy.)

Thanks guys :) Much appreciated!

Hollywood, when did you have your "hotrod"... I dont ever remember meeting you except at the track :dunno: I normally notice everyone who comes around... even if they deal with Bruce.

Hollywood
01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I had a white 64 galaxie 500 convertible around 3 years ago, It was mint. I sold it for 15,000. I came in may be.....8 or so times. I always delt with Bruce because you guys told me to talk to him all the time. Your brother carted my 428 intake manifold to my car! Most of the time you were in the back too. Honestly though it was a friendly shop to deal with.

P.S. Can you PM me a price for an ACT stage 3 clutch for my car?
s13 SR20DET. Thanks.

THREE40SEVEN
01-30-2004, 12:18 AM
I had a white 64 galaxie 500 convertible around 3 years ago, It was mint. I sold it for 15,000. I came in may be.....8 or so times. I always delt with Bruce because you guys told me to talk to him all the time. Your brother carted my 428 intake manifold to my car! Most of the time you were in the back too. Honestly though it was a friendly shop to deal with.

P.S. Can you PM me a price for an ACT stage 3 clutch for my car?
s13 SR20DET. Thanks.
Hmm.... You mean i was actually working?:dunno:
Check your PM's in a couple mins..

Kröutster
01-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Do you find yourself slow off the line? How about you getting spanked by a bone stock 1986 convertible Mustang GT? It's not because of a foot cramp, it's because your local import car parts depot recently sold you something that isn't meant for your application....Don't waste your time on shops who have no clue what they are talking about! Get with the best in town! TUNERWORKS! I have brought several vehicle types to the guys at Tunerworks, and everytime I have a problem, they are more than willing to find a fix, order a part, or suggest what's best for my application. *Doffs hat* to the best Tuner shop in Calgary - Tunerworks.

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 12:58 PM
I get everything from hartonmotorwerks in Vancouver. Way better gear and prices then Tunerworks for my car. The tuner shops in Alberta really disappointed me, maybe it was the customer service, or more likely just not the same selection and showrooms as in Montreal which I was use to. I'm not here to bash, but I'm still looking for my local joint, anyone know a custom carbon fiber resinator?

Tuner1
01-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
I get everything from .......... in Vancouver. Way better gear and prices then Tunerworks for my car.

Whilst I wanted to keep this thread postive, it is still good to hear feedback from local customers on why they feel the need to shop outisde the city for parts. I bet every Tuner shop person would love more direct feedback from customers! I'd really appreciate you (20incheyes) PM'ing or e-mailing me directly with more details. We aim to please in the Euro tuner market and with authorized lines such as Brabus, Lorinser, Rieger, HRE, Hamann, RENNTech, Remus, AC Schnitzer, Techart, Carlsson, Supersprint, H&R, Brembo, Stoptech and more, I'd love to hear what brands this other store carries that would make you feel they have "way better gear".

Have a great weekend everyone...I'll be prowling the streets in my low-key AWD DSM winter beater ;)

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

sillysilvia
01-31-2004, 01:15 AM
I have always been treated like Family at Impressions and all my friends love it there they do awesome work and have crazy projects always on the go. I am amazed that someone would say Nicole is stupid, for one I have never came across a chick in the tuner industry who nows as much as she does!! Everyone makes mistakes If she misquoted someone maybe you should speak up or not pay for it. If you paid $150 -$300 more that I would have to say that wasn't smart on your behalf. Plus which was it $150 or $300 theres always 2 sides to every story!! I don't think you should be able to take cheap shots at people and call them names the moderators should not allow that not liking a shop is one thing but calling someone stupid , you're just asking for trouble.
Tunerworks has also been great to me Junior and Rob especially!!
Threads like this always cause alot of trouble, I have said it before everyone is good at somethings and bad at others. Why not try them all and go where you like it best and you feel the most comfortable.

JAYMEZ
01-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Im gonna say Tunerworks , Rob has been a good guy and helped out alot , even though damn snail mail is take'n forever , but thats not his fault at all!

Good job Tunerworks :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
01-31-2004, 04:37 AM
Internet E-thugs are NOT welcome here, go hang out at an arcade playing DDR or something...sheesh..

Oh, in case I forgot to mention, Tunerworks is #1 in Calgary, regardless of the poll...

impressive
01-31-2004, 09:58 AM
I just got back from vacation and heard about this post, I have spoken to my wife and Paul and other staff here and I have no clue who silly silvia exactly is! Everyone is entitled to there opinion, as is Tyler. Although I have no idea who this person, I do not appreciate him calling my wife stupid, but in NO way am going to harm or have harm done to anyone!
I also am very unclear on who Tyler is and am very sorry his expierience at our store was so bad.
I also have built a couple of custom bikes, with my dad who in no way is a biker and I am not involved in no way with the biker scene.
Silly Silvia is only making assumptions I don't even know who this is and he obviously does not know me.
It is pretty sad that I must explain all this and defend myself for something I know nothing about.
I am usually in the office of the store everyday and if someone is unhappy with something staff has done I would like to help you out!
Thanks
ROB

Tuner1
01-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Enough smack talk. If we can't stay positive I "vote" we close this thread down :thumbsdow

gpomp
01-31-2004, 11:26 AM
:drama: Leave it open, this is good info!

D'z Nutz
01-31-2004, 02:49 PM
While there's no problem discussing both negative and positive experiences you've had at any tuner shops, let's keep this thread mature and professional without resorting to name calling please.

20incheyes
01-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Whilst I wanted to keep this thread postive, it is still good to hear feedback from local customers on why they feel the need to shop outisde the city for parts. I bet every Tuner shop person would love more direct feedback from customers! I'd really appreciate you (20incheyes) PM'ing or e-mailing me directly with more details. We aim to please in the Euro tuner market and with authorized lines such as Brabus, Lorinser, Rieger, HRE, Hamann, RENNTech, Remus, AC Schnitzer, Techart, Carlsson, Supersprint, H&R, Brembo, Stoptech and more, I'd love to hear what brands this other store carries that would make you feel they have "way better gear".

Have a great weekend everyone...I'll be prowling the streets in my low-key AWD DSM winter beater ;)

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Firstly I've heard many good things about TunerWorks, that's why I actually have been there a couple times. First time (over year ago) I went I was showed the Lorinser and Brabus catalog and thats pretty much it. The prices for the two items I inquired about took a week to get to me, were much higher then online US prices I found with the 1.58 exchange rate it was then, and since I mentioned they were a little expensive for what I was willing to spend no other options were given to me. A good practice I find with tunershops is to actually take a look at the customers car with them when the customer walks in and mentions they are intrested in doing quite a few things. I ended up getting another companys gear from Harris in Vancouver. I'm sure with a 3-series you probably know every option available but when I came in, I pretty much felt like going to a Sears and ordering something from the catalog like back in the 80's. When I was souping up the QX4 in Montreal I used ultracar.com and found it to be the best tunershop I've seen. They can hook you up with audio/tint/smoking/kits/wheels/performance gear/brush guards etc basically anything your car needs at one stop. As for the second time I came in, I looked around at some rims and the catalogs for about 5 minutes then walked out as you guys were still on your phones with no acknowledgement, something which definetly dosen't happen when someone comes to my home. It's nice to know you're eager to hear from us and I will take a note of those companies, didn't know you supplied 2 of them. Have you always had Riger and Renntech? Is Carlsson back?

Tuner1
01-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes

It's nice to know you're eager to hear from us and I will take a note of those companies, didn't know you supplied 2 of them. Have you always had Riger and Renntech? Is Carlsson back?

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry your experiences weren't 100% positive, we'll try harder next time :)

We actually know a LOT about the fine Mercedes Benz and DaimlerChrysler products. Hell, I could show you have to change the ECU and crank pulley on an SL55 in 30mins and I have two MBZ products in my family! No "Sears" stuff here.

Anyway, no need to beat a dead horse, your points are well taken and we hope you will give us another chance. Happy motoring.

Thanks,
Rob
www.tunerworks.com

88CRX
01-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Just a question..... does tunerwork deal with honda's as well?

Ben
01-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes, they can get honda stuff too:)

Kaos
01-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Of course. Everything I got on my car is what I got from tunerworks.

jdmcrx
01-31-2004, 05:04 PM
hey i guess it is all about who you know and how you have been treated. When Deetz was in Edmonton i dealt with him through my friend Colin at wssl in saskatoon. The guy is pure gold. I don't know their entire lline that they carry, but if a guy treats you good, does it matter that you might have to wait a few extra days for your stuff?

gkAeris
01-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by jus_sum_guy
Select auto is not bad. They work on some pretty expensive cars there :werd:

WBB6
01-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

We carry a large selection of Honda/Acura parts in-stock!!!

Come in and check out what we have to offer :thumbsup:

Bobby

spyguy
01-31-2004, 09:44 PM
tunerworks get my vote..just stay away from the bobby character...ekk! hahah jokes

DC2uned
02-06-2004, 10:27 AM
This is a great thread. I am honestly surprised that Impressions is still going with the way they do business. Everytime i have bought things from them a problam has risen from body kits, to miniscual things like a shift knob. Either the product came in and it was a horrible quality or i was told it would fit and i walked out tot the parking lot and found out it didn't. OFcourse a refund was out of the question. Anyway not trying to be negative but that is my experience. Last time i was there was like 1 year and a half a go so maybe things have changed. But speed tech is alrigth, and i have yet to go to tunerworks.

heavyD
02-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Okay boys & girls. I have delt with everything from Nopi to Options Auto Salon in the U.S & Forced Performance to Contemporary and Speedville. I give cudos to to Carl @ speedvile for his friendlliness and prices. I also reccomend Mark Lacey at Tunerworks.:thumbsup:

tyler
02-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Impressions is the worst place I have ever been to. They tried to rip me off twice $200-$300 more then they quoted. Also both times they were 3 weeks late from the date they gave me for my parts to come in and avoided my phone calls saying they weren’t in.(when they ask who’s calling make up a name) I busted them a few times at this because I got the girl friend to call a minute latter and then they would come to the phone. They also scratched my car when installing a part, luckily it was small but still very bad craftsmanship.

Carl at Speedville is a good guy, helps you find what you need, gives good prices and is HONEST!!!!! Best shop I have ever been to.

Liarch
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Tunerworks may hold the market for Euro (espeically high end), but Speedtech is by far the best for Honda/Acura. Tunerworks did have a brief chance in the import market before they got rid of their main Honda tuner. The Honda/Acura modification and tuning skills now lie only in the hands of Speedtech (especially when doing more than bolt-ons).

I have had great experiences with all of the staff at Speedtech. Pat, Al & Brad can really build & extract power from a Honda/Acura. :thumbsup:

heavyD
02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Liarch
Pat, Al & Brad can really build & extract power from a Honda/Acura. :thumbsup:

I see. So they've made "slow cars" "not as slow"? Or a "not fast" car "quick but not fast". Oh well, at least they probably are good at making a Honda "show". Right.:bigpimp:

ZorroAMG
02-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Dork.

Seanith
02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I see. So they've made "slow cars" "not as slow"? Or a "not fast" car "quick but not fast". Oh well, at least they probably are good at making a Honda "show". Right.:bigpimp:

I can't see you being here too long. Nothing but retardation spews from your lips.

Anyways, I thought it was about time i respond to this thread.

The first place I ever went to, was Tunerworks. I had very disappointing experiences there. Not only does it take 10min for the guys to get off the phone and acknowledge you, it took more than a month and a half to get some H4s and a short ram intake (ended up getting a different, cheaper one than i paid for). This is probably because i drive a honda, and understanding what they specialize in, I won't go there again unless i get a different (read Euro) car. Keep in mind this was about 3 years ago, i'm sure things may have changed. Plus Mark Lacey gave me the H4s for free to make things right.

Import Adrenelin is a great shop. Jason is a great, knowledgeable guy that is very honest and will get back to you with quotes as soon as possible.

Contemporary Motorsports along with IA is the shop of choice for me. Greg and Tein are always super helpful, and parts are always in super quick and being able to get OEM honda parts is always a plus too.

I've dealt with Custom Auto as well (Johnny) and my experience has been great. Although i didn't get an expensive part, I am going back for more when spring hits.

I hear nothing but good things from SpeedTech, and i know how knowledgeable nick is, and i'm sure if i have some big installs or something i'll go to them.

XES
02-09-2004, 12:03 AM

Anytime you wanna race my "not as slow" car in your piece of trash Mitsubishi let me know. I assume Liarch was talking about the many cars that have been turned from 16sec cars into 11-12sec daily drivers.

Maybe you should do a little research before you let your rat sized brain out of its thick casing. So unless u can keep up with bikes, leave your mouth where it belongs...in the shitter.

finboy
02-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by XES

Anytime you wanna race my "not as slow" car in your piece of trash Mitsubishi let me know. I assume Liarch was talking about the many cars that have been turned from 16sec cars into 11-12sec daily drivers.

So unless u can keep up with bikes leave your mouth where it belongs...in the shitter.

owned

Liarch
02-09-2004, 12:19 AM

Nice call...how is your "not fast" car gonna match up against a few of these "not as slow" 11 or 12 second beasts. :thumbsdow

I've seen car poops on the road smarter than you are. Haters like you should be hung out to dry. Don't worry if u bump into one of the cars XES is talking about, including his own, u won't be opening your fat mouth again.

I guess it doesn't matter anyways, when you post people will most likely just think: :whocares:

Ben
02-09-2004, 12:22 AM

I'm going to assume you're just ignorant and are not familiar with SpeedTech...

If I may be so bold, I am going to say that SpeedTech is the first true "Go" shop for the Honda/Acura crowd in this city. I dont own a Honda/Acura, I dont particularly like them, and I dont think I will ever go buy one from the Dealership...However, some of the cars that I have seen turned out of that shop, the numbers that they have put down, and the quality show AND go cars that they have had at last years Expos, makes me actually consider owning one of the aforementioned cars and having it tuned or built by them. They have some people working there that REALLY know their shit, and coming from a hardcore Euro guy, thats not an easy thing to say. I know for a fact to not think less of some honda that pulls up next to me or think it is just some rickety rice rocket if it has that Speedtech decal on the window, cause in most cases, it is probably WAY faster than my car, and they've built some seriously fast cars, both show, and stealth.

There are lots of other Shops out there that cater in the Show shit, which is fine, you gotta please everyone, Speedtech sells this stuff too, there is money in it, and it would be poor business sense to NOT carry that stuff. However I feel that where most shops fall short, SpeedTech picks up.

So, all in all, know what you're talking about before you type it. :)

heavyD
02-09-2004, 08:28 AM
HaHaHaHa! You guys should all shut your pie holes. Personal attacks on me won't change the facts. I have owned two Hondas and while they were very reliable cars, they weren't that fast. You have to sink thousands into a Honda to get a 13 sec. car while basic bolt-ons can put a DSM into the 12 sec. range. Fact. Anyone who says otherwise just admitted that they don't know shit about import cars.

Anyone read SCC magazine? Please check out the USCC3. You will notice that a DSM outpaces Supra Turbos & even a Viper in 1/4 mile & track times. Last year there was a turboGSR in the competition with $30G in mods that ran dead last while a DSM again cleaned up in the speed contests. You can look up my car at dsmtuners.com and if any of you want to become my bitch, let me know.:poosie:

heavyD
02-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by XES

Maybe you should do a little research before you let your rat sized brain out of its thick casing. So unless u can keep up with bikes, leave your mouth where it belongs...in the shitter.

You have a pretty nice car. Looks like over $20K in mods correct? Don't B.S. Come on son, you can put that kind of money into a Focus and make 400 hp so what's your point? A guy can go to the Dodge dealership, put down the amount of money you spent on mods on a new SRT-4 Neon add the stage 3 and slap your little Honda around like the little bitch she is. This childeren is what I call OWNED!