PDA

View Full Version : The hottest sauces in the world



T5_X
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Read the first few links, particularily "what is a scoville unit?" (unless you already know what one is) before looking at the hot sauces:

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

In high school I was dared to eat a tablespoon of Dave's Ultimate Insanity. It was not pretty.

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite sauce? I love Louisiana Habanero... Its about 3-4 times as hot as Tabasco, so probably about 5-8000 scoville units.

szw
01-26-2004, 10:24 PM
i like tabasco the best... i eat about 350ml of tabasco every 3 weeks.

RSeXy
01-26-2004, 10:27 PM
I use worchester (sp?) on my spaghetti. Its not really hot though.

I am a chicken when it comes to eating hot stuff. The first time I ate sushi, my dearest friend told me that I had to load it up with wasabi or else I'd get fish poisoning...(yes I am THAT gullible) :(

missblondie
01-26-2004, 10:29 PM
i LOVE franks red hot... i can eat that stuff on almost anything (popcorn, rice, potatoes)

that stuff is great!

FiveFreshFish
01-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Acid Rain is pretty good.

illeagle
01-26-2004, 10:32 PM
RseXy's wasabi experience
^^ hahaha!!!!^^ i got my uncle with that,it was in the restarant.. he choked and coughed for so long it got embarassing.. by the end he lost his appetite and coulden't control the tears streaming from his red eyes! haha... :tongue:

T5_X
01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
I use worchester (sp?) on my spaghetti. Its not really hot though.

I am a chicken when it comes to eating hot stuff. The first time I ate sushi, my dearest friend told me that I had to load it up with wasabi or else I'd get fish poisoning...(yes I am THAT gullible) :(

lol, i think its "worcestershire"

T5_X
01-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Acid Rain is pretty good.

I think its about 10,000 SKU, not too hot ;)

legereandrew4
01-26-2004, 10:40 PM
ahh any one ever tryed da bomb? I think its supposed to be the hottest hot suace.... My dad would put a tooth pick tip of it into soup and it would be spicy.... I dunno if we got it in teh fridge, so i dunno the scale of hottness.. but damn hot.

sxtasy
01-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx
i LOVE franks red hot... i can eat that stuff on almost anything (popcorn, rice, potatoes)

that stuff is great!
:werd: Love that stuff, not spicey at all, but great flavour

T5_X
01-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by legereandrew4
ahh any one ever tryed da bomb? I think its supposed to be the hottest hot suace.... My dad would put a tooth pick tip of it into soup and it would be spicy.... I dunno if we got it in teh fridge, so i dunno the scale of hottness.. but damn hot.

...or you could read the link where it's listed :rolleyes:

FiveFreshFish
01-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by T5_X


I think its about 10,000 SKU, not too hot ;)

That's about all I can handle! :D

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Shit.. i have tried 3 of those.. well 4 if you include Tabasco...

1. Tabasco - 2140 scovilles
2. Da' Bomb - Beyond Insanity - 119,000 scovilles
3. Pure Cap - 500,000 scovilles
4. Da Bomb Final Answer - 1,500,000 scovilles (I was crying for a good hour after trying stuff)

For 3 and 4, I had to sign a waiver at the restaurant saying that I wouldn't sue them if something happened to me.. And none of them where mixed in with food.. they put a small amount on a tortilla chip. and let you try it that way...

That Blairs 6am would prolly send most ppl into cardiac arrest. (Seriously).

I love hot food...:D

FiveFreshFish
01-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Wasabi is a different kind of hot. Eat a chunk and it hits your brain at the top of your skull! Don't know how to describe it.

Clears your sinuses, doesn't burn your mouth, and goes away pretty fast. :thumbsup:

Chester
01-26-2004, 11:03 PM
I don't know what hot sauce it was, but it was the hottest sauce at Red Devil and my friend had to sign a waiver. He ate a little bit of it and was puking for almost an hour.

hondarunner
01-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx
i LOVE franks red hot... i can eat that stuff on almost anything (popcorn, rice, potatoes)

that stuff is great! :werd:
that sauce just has an incredible good taste to it. It could stand to get a little more spicier, but the flavor is amazing.

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I don't know what hot sauce it was, but it was the hottest sauce at Red Devil and my friend had to sign a waiver. He ate a little bit of it and was puking for almost an hour.

Red Devil is the restaurant I tried all mine at.. cept the Tabasco..

eur0
01-26-2004, 11:37 PM
franks is awesome on wings :drool: its what they use at quite a few resturaunts too

spike98
01-26-2004, 11:53 PM
My buddy had his 20th birthday at a bar. We ordered him a prairie fire and told the chick to use something hotter. She used Blairís 3 am hot sauce which is 2 000 000 SKU and put in about a drop. A very small drop.

Well us being assholes and it being buddies bday we took the bottle and put AT LEAST 25-30 full drops into the shot and called him to the bar. He took the shot and shot about half and what i call instapuked. His head dove into a nearby garbage can and tossed his cookies.

Another friend at the bar says "What a pussy, ill finish that off".

He grabs the shot glass (containing MOST of the hotsauce that was collecting in the bottom of the glass) and tossed her back. HE instapuked as well. For the next hour both of them were taking turns tossing there cookies in the bathroom and couldn't keep down anything. Not water nor milk! ANYTHING!


So the lesson here kids is:

If it makes your friend INSTAPUKE it will probably make you too.

accordboi_02
01-27-2004, 02:19 AM
I dunno what sauce it is, but anyone tried the Bull vs Volcano wings at the Bull & Finch???

Some of the hottest things I have ever had before!!

lam-boy
01-27-2004, 02:20 AM
haha

whats that sauce they used at "Lets Wing" before

aka the Nuclear wing..
that shit is pretty hot in ways.

googe
01-27-2004, 04:21 AM
I actually have that Demon Ichor (2M Scovilles!) one right here, its great for parties! Drunk people think they are man enough to handle anything!

Haha, I cant even describe how hot it is. My drunk friend drank a tiny bit of it and within minutes he was bathing his whole face under the sink and he stayed there for a good 2 hours, he couldnt breathe, he couldnt see, his face was bright red and his eyes swollen, he told me afterwards he was gonna give it about 3 more seconds and if he couldnt breathe he was gonna motion for an ambulance or something. He 'instapuked' as well :) Several times!

Alot of other people at the party would just take a drop on their finger and youd see them run away and next time you saw them theyd be sucking on pieces of ice they found outside...

:rofl:

SunshineGirl
01-27-2004, 11:57 AM
My bro is immune to all hot foods....he makes chicken wings that are so hot they burn the inside of your nose when you smell them cooking and the smell leaks throught out the house.....but he can gobble down a dozen of them and not think twice....I'll get what hot sauces he uses...see how they rate on the hotness scale

sputnik
01-27-2004, 12:44 PM
those uber-hot spices are so lame... if you want something that will burn your tongue dring some sulphuric acid

im all about best tasting and still hot... franks is the way to go

Frostiex
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Where could you buy some of these hot sauses:dunno:

theken
01-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Acid Rain is pretty good. :werd: :werd: love that stuff
there is this stuff i like called "the hottest fuckin hot sauce!" it is pretty hot, and mother of all hot sauces pretty hot too

rage2
01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Dave's Insanity is weak. I ate like a lb of wings that were drenched in DI's, bbq'd, and redrenched. No problems (other than losing my voice and a bit of upset stomach).

Are any of these other sauces available in Calgary?

hjr
01-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Frostiex
Where could you buy some of these hot sauses:dunno:
on the net. some of those have links below them to buy.

TurboCarrera
01-27-2004, 08:53 PM
When Red Devils was by Superstore in the SW, I tried Da Bomb but a sheet said it was hotter than daves ultimate insanity, but there were mant hotter sauces so i dont think it was Da Bomb Final Answer. Did they used to make another sauce? It was the hottest thing ive ever had (i put it on pizza) and my lips were literally burning and my lips were slightly swollen.

JordanLotoski
01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
speaking of hot, whos got the best hotwings in town...any good places to go in wednesdays?

/////AMG
01-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Anything hot and tasty.

ecstasy_civic
01-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Ed's wings just off 4th street I think it is???

The best ive had anyways, and its a nice place to eat too.

They have some REALLY hot wings, I thought my mouth was bleeding by the end of the night.and I didnt even have the hottest ones lol

T5_X
01-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Dave's Insanity is weak. I ate like a lb of wings that were drenched in DI's, bbq'd, and redrenched. No problems (other than losing my voice and a bit of upset stomach).


Uhhh, I'm not calling you a liar, but...... I don't know how to finish that sentence :D

logix
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
i used to work at red devil, but i haven't seen da bomb final answer there? lol..maybe some other location had it.
hottest i've tried was pure cap(500,000), and i felt like i was dieing hahaha.
we've had customers come in thinking they could eat a whole order of hot hot wings(bet the bill sometimes), and we usually bathe them in DI, with pure cap, baked, then retossed. hahahah, shiet, when they eat the wings, they would cry, then run to the bathroom for a good while

Kaos
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
They forgot to name the hottest sace in the world.
ME! hahaha j/k!:tongue:

Forty6an2
01-27-2004, 10:09 PM
If yall want some really spicy food come down to south louisiana and i will put yall all to shame

-250-
01-27-2004, 10:43 PM
^------ man brown reprsentants, would OWN j00.

No problems, ask any east/south indian on her, most of the food we eat without thinking twice would drop most of the hot posers on here.

hot sauce... pfttt... we eat the chilli, we dont need no additives to make the heat less apperant.



Hakkola back me up.

[GaGe]
01-27-2004, 11:03 PM
i think i have the Dave's Private Reserve.. you have to sign a waiver before buying it haha.

sputnik
01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
i like the wings at the Cactus Club... they even have a bottle of Franks on every table

/////AMG
01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by -250-
^------ man brown reprsentants, would OWN j00.

No problems, ask any east/south indian on her, most of the food we eat without thinking twice would drop most of the hot posers on here.

hot sauce... pfttt... we eat the chilli, we dont need no additives to make the heat less apperant.

Hakkola back me up.



:werd: hahah and Hakkola is basically east indian haha :thumbsup:

B17a
01-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Dave's Insanity is weak. I ate like a lb of wings that were drenched in DI's, bbq'd, and redrenched. No problems (other than losing my voice and a bit of upset stomach).

Are any of these other sauces available in Calgary?

You are a much stronger man that I! I used to be able to handle the hot stuff, now....ring-o-fire!! :barf:

missblondie
01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
speaking of hot, whos got the best hotwings in town...any good places to go in wednesdays?

classic jacks has .09 wings on wednesday.. they are really good too

legereandrew4
01-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I made some damn godo hot sauce at work yesturday night for some people who wanted extra extra extra hot wings... I got about a cup of franks extreme hot suace, mixed in about a teaspoon on cajon spice, put about 3/4 once of vinager, about 3/4 once of jalpanio juice, and about a tea spoon of chillies... Cooked it for about 7 minutes at 555 degrees, then put it on the wings and cooked them about 7 minutes in 555 degrees. I tryed one, and thought it was so damn good intell about 30 seconds lated, my nose, eyes, and mouth were all running and I didnt stop drooling for about 45 minutes.... I downed liek a L of milk too and it didnt help, but it was damn tasty!

legendboy
01-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
In high school I was dared to eat a tablespoon of Dave's Ultimate Insanity. It was not pretty.

i had a bottle of that shit, pretty damn hot!

sputnik
01-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
Ed's wings just off 4th street I think it is???


Ed's is on 17th ave and MacLeod Tr (southbound).

IMO their wings are overrated and REALLY expensive.

switch
02-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Sambal Oelek is where its at.

sputnik
02-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx


classic jacks has .09 wings on wednesday.. they are really good too

i find jacks pretty inconsistant... sometimes they are good with lots of sauce... and sometimes they are dry and overdone and like "chicken jerky"...

but for 9c you get what you pay for i guess

logix
02-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by switch
Sambal Oelek is where its at.

good stuff :thumbsup:

chezwilliams
03-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Just stumbled across this thread and added it to my watch list. It's actually my site that someone posted at the top

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

I'm just a hot sauce nut and this is my attempt to list the hottest sauces in the world. I own pretty much all of them, many of which turn into collector items (especially Blair's limited 999 edition runs). If you stumble across others that you think should be on the list, please reply to this post and I'll do some research etc.

FYI - if anyone is in the vicinity, or wants a great weekend. There's a Hot Food show in Alberquerque, New Mexico this coming weekend (5 - 7th March). I went a couple of years back - a great place. Not just hot sauces (which they have plenty) but also tons of dips, salsas, sauces etc. Highly recommended.

Richard

googe
03-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by chezwilliams
Just stumbled across this thread and added it to my watch list. It's actually my site that someone posted at the top

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

I'm just a hot sauce nut and this is my attempt to list the hottest sauces in the world. I own pretty much all of them, many of which turn into collector items (especially Blair's limited 999 edition runs). If you stumble across others that you think should be on the list, please reply to this post and I'll do some research etc.

FYI - if anyone is in the vicinity, or wants a great weekend. There's a Hot Food show in Alberquerque, New Mexico this coming weekend (5 - 7th March). I went a couple of years back - a great place. Not just hot sauces (which they have plenty) but also tons of dips, salsas, sauces etc. Highly recommended.

Richard

Hey, thats where I ordered my Demon Ichor. Hottest one I could find that wasnt overly expensive.

So a question I had about your site, do people actually use sauces remotely that hot in food, or is it just a collectors fascination type thing?

I use mine for parties and it makes for some hilarious times :D

dannyqball
04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
:devil:

I just purchased some Devils blood at 800.000 scovies online, one of the hottest sauces I own is Blairs "possible side affects" 300.000 Scovies.
I can't wait to get my devils blood and try it out on some of the guys I work with. They are always trying to prove a point and I always make them cry. :)

SinisterProbeGt
04-20-2004, 03:14 PM
THis is crazy
http://www.peppers.com/images/disclaimer.top.gif
1. Due to the extremely hot nature of this product, I agree that they shall only be used as a food additive. These products can cause serious injury if directly consumed, ingested and/or applied to the skin, eyes, or any other bodily organs.
2. Any of these products are to be used at my own risk, and I fully understand the potential DANGER if handled improperly.
3. If I give this product as a gift, I will make the recipient fully aware of the potential danger if handled improperly, or directly consumed.
4. I hereby release, disclaim, and relinquish Peppers, its affiliates, its employees, its suppliers, distributors and/or manufacturers of any and all claims, actions and/or lawsuits that I, or any of my dependents, heirs or family members may have relating to any damage and/or injury that results, or is alleged to have resulted, from the use, consumption, ingestion, and/or contact of any bodily part or organ of or from any of these products.
5. I am not inebriated or impaired in any way, and I am fully able to make a sound decision about the purchase if these products.

ApexDrift
04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
i love hot food!... best flavor in the world i think.... but some times i hate the after affects!

i like to refer to it as THE BURNING EYE OF SOURON (or how ever the fuck you spell it)
sucha painful sensation

sync
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
i hope you people who like to slip other people or challenge other people to ingest "sauces" that are NOT meant for straight consumption realize that you could actually send someone into cardiac arrest and kill them.

seriously.

2nd degree murder.

i don't like "sauces" that are made from chemical capsaicin...if it's made from peppers that grow on a tree, give it to me. habanero is the best...hot and sweet.

MK3HKS
04-21-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by sync
if it's made from peppers that grow on a tree, give it to me.


i always thought peppers grow on plants.......not trees, lol:dunno:

dannyqball
04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I would never give someone a taste or challenge before telling them the danger of the product.
I work with some guys that think they can handle anything so I tell them the Scolville units and warn them. After that it's up to them to taste it or walk away.
I just get a kick out of guys that think they are immortal and then walk away crying like babies.

4wheeldrift
04-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
THis is crazy
Disclaimer:
or any other bodily organs. What the hell are people using this stuff for? :devil: :rofl:

dannyqball
04-26-2004, 06:38 AM
To eat,
I put a dab in spaghetti or chili and it heats it up real nice.
Nothing better than a nice spicey dish :thumbsup:

GQBalla
07-01-2004, 01:55 PM
my favourite hot sauce is bottle with a rooster on it ahah my family calls it rooster sauce i think it says like sirarachi or something good htough

Beni
07-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by hondarunner
:werd:
that sauce just has an incredible good taste to it. It could stand to get a little more spicier, but the flavor is amazing.

thats why you get Franks..extra hot! yah i love frank! i use it on everything i eat!

cp1
08-20-2004, 03:26 AM
...

d-UNiT
09-04-2004, 08:50 PM
man i love hot sauce.. you know whats good on anything.. the vietnamese chilli sauce (the same red sauce at edo).. its not that hot but its amazing.. and tasty on everything.. same with franks... i remember going to some place.. bubblemaniac or whatever and their super spicy wings were really good the sauce was decent

wildrice
09-04-2004, 08:53 PM
or u could try the chinese hot sauce
huy fong foods - chili garlic sauce

but i like batch 81 hot sauce, not exactly the spicest but damn good

Idratherbsidewayz
09-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
Read the first few links, particularily "what is a scoville unit?" (unless you already know what one is) before looking at the hot sauces:

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

In high school I was dared to eat a tablespoon of Dave's Ultimate Insanity. It was not pretty.

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite sauce? I love Louisiana Habanero... Its about 3-4 times as hot as Tabasco, so probably about 5-8000 scoville units.

That habanero stuff is soooo good. Discovered it at Bad Ass Jacks. Sooo fucking good...

ex1z7
09-12-2004, 01:14 AM
I had some wings with DI on em, Accidentally - I thought it was a honey garlic (colour difference..duh).. I was crying for a while - couldn't play pool >_< and was drooling for about 2 hours after taking only a bite of em.. (were re-covered in DI after cooked)

>_< wasn't my proudest moment :) hard to look tough when you cant open your eyes right

XINC
09-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I'll have to agree with logix...

Pure Cap is probably one of the hottest hot sauces you'll ever want to try. Being the extract (capsaicin), that actually makes hot sauces "hot"... this nasty oil (read as additive) will literally set your mouths and stomachs a blaze :eek:

They are sold in little vials, with an eye dropper as the dispensing method.

Try this in your chili or pho when you get a chance :poosie:

There is even a warning label included when you buy your pure cap to use it in a responsible manner... as this can and will put those weak mouth, and weak of stomach into the hospital :D

XINC
09-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz


That habanero stuff is soooo good. Discovered it at Bad Ass Jacks. Sooo fucking good...

Man, that's hardcore... I couldn't stomach it at all... the scotch bonnet is where I draw the line for edible spiceyness in my food... anything else is just suicide.
:thumbsup: to those of you who can take it.

hyperwhite
09-19-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by legereandrew4
I tryed one, and thought it was so damn good intell about 30 seconds lated, my nose, eyes, and mouth were all running and I didnt stop drooling for about 45 minutes.... I downed liek a L of milk too and it didnt help, but it was damn tasty!

milk makes spicey foods more intense so that was probably your problem. next time use bread :thumbsup:

SportTwin
09-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by XINC
[B]I'll have to agree with logix...

Pure Cap is probably one of the hottest hot sauces you'll ever want to try. Being the extract (capsaicin), that actually makes hot sauces &quot;hot&quot;... this nasty oil (read as additive) will literally set your mouths and stomachs a blaze :eek:

They are sold in little vials, with an eye dropper as the dispensing method.


Pure cap weighs in at 500000 scoville units, which is actually less than the hottest habenero pepper measured. They don't refine the capsaicin down far enough to make it hotter than a habanero pepper. The eye dropper and disclaimer are mostly just for show. However compared with what the majority of people consider hot, its definitely toasty. Not many people want to eat a straight habenero pepper.

Pure Cap for sale here: http://www.peppers.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1685

The real heat in terms of sauce is Da Bomb. I tried some directly on my finger and it put me away. The usabiity of that particular bottle of sauce was later called into question, but at 1500000 scoville units it was definitely hot.

Da Bomb for sale here: http://www.sweatnspice.com/proddetail.php?prod=94

Some people say they're die-hard Blair's 6AM users which is insane. 10.5 - 16M soville units. To put that kind of heat in context, Bear repellant spray is only 2M scoville units. I'm not mentally prepared to ingest someting thats 8x hotter than bear spray, I just don't consider it safe.

Blairs 6am selection here (the hottest one is at the bottom) http://www.sweatnspice.com/Blairs_Death_Sauces.php

The problem is the sauces that are only striving for the most heat, rarely taste good - its all just heat. For flavour, Daves Insanity is pretty good, louisianna hot sauce is pretty good on wings, especially if its mixed with something with a little more punch. I'm not one for tabasco - its mostly vinegar. I usually mix to taste with 4 or 5 different hot sauces and add a bit of BBQ sauce if I want to make it sweeter.

T5_X
09-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by XINC


Man, that's hardcore... I couldn't stomach it at all... the scotch bonnet is where I draw the line for edible spiceyness in my food... anything else is just suicide.
:thumbsup: to those of you who can take it.

He's talking about the Louisiana hot sauce habanero, which is maybe slightly hotter than tabasco, so its quite easy to stomach.
Straight scotch bonnets are pretty much suicide too unless you get a really weak one. I think they average around 250,000 SKU, about the same as the average habanero.

I recently bought some Blair's after death sauce, 50,000 sku I believe. Its pretty good, but too much chipotle for my liking. I don't know what it is with the latest chipotle craze, I think its one of the more inferior tasting hot peppers.

Jeevin
09-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Anyone tried Sriracha hot sauce, its hella good...
sometimes hard to find -