PDA

View Full Version : BC police investigating the pedobaiting teens

1barA4
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20111115/bc_teens_to_catch_a_predator_batman_111115/

Andrew Weichel, ctvbc.ca

Date: Tue. Nov. 15 2011 7:10 PM ET

Three B.C. teenagers are being investigated by the RCMP after posing as underage girls online, luring men to meet them for sex and then showing up dressed as superheroes – while filming the entire process.

The videos were edited and posted to YouTube over the last few weeks under the title "To Troll a Predator."

In one episode, the teens pose as a 15-year-old girl and convince a man with the online handle "laser2222" to meet them at a local McDonald's with drugs. When he arrives, he's confronted by young men dressed like Batman and The Flash.

"This man's a pedophile… he brought marijuana for a 15-year-old girl. He's here to have sex with her," The Flash announces to restaurant patrons. "We lured him here."

"Where are the narcotics?" Batman demands in mock-interrogation. "Where are they?"

"You guys are crazy," their target replies, quickly shuffling out of the restaurant.

RCMP Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth confirmed that the teenage boys, all Chilliwack, B.C. residents, are being investigated by the Serious Crime Unit.

"Our main concern is personal safety issues for these children," Hollingsworth said, adding that police "just wanted to make sure that they knew the ramifications" of luring adult men into public and humiliating them.

The investigation is in its early stages, and it's unclear whether the boys – two 17-year-olds and one 18-year-old – will face charges. Hollingsworth would not rule out the possibility that the yet-unidentified men in their videos will also be investigated.

In the meantime, the boys are being hailed as internet heroes.

Their videos, modelled after the NBC series "To Catch a Predator, ended up on at least a dozen blogs and websites before been pulled from YouTube at the urging of police. A message on the "To Troll a Predator" Facebook page, which garnered almost 1,000 members, broke the news to fans of the series on Monday.

"I hope those who viewed the videos shared many laughs with us while we could. Hope you can understand," it reads.

"I think I'm going to cry," one user replied.

Hollingsworth said it's too soon to say for certain that the videos were not staged, but added that "it doesn't appear that way."

The teenagers' parents have been notified, she added.

Yay let's punish those that expose the pedos! (sarcasm)

I just hope there's enough evidence to charge the men they lured but the crown better not charge these kids for doing some good in this world (even if it was just for the lulz).

Tomaz
11-16-2011, 10:44 AM
What would the charges be? lol

Section 4.3.1 - Trolling Grown Men :dunno:

Zephyr
11-16-2011, 10:53 AM
No good deed goes unpunished.

95EagleAWD
11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Nowhere does it say charges will be laid... The police said they're concerned about personal safety.

GorG
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Nowhere does it say charges will be laid... The police said they're concerned about personal safety.

The investigation is in its early stages, and it's unclear whether the boys – two 17-year-olds and one 18-year-old – will face charges

cycosis
11-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Anybody have a link to the vids?

rage2
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
DvU69L-jfks

My name is not Peter. It's Pete-Ah. :rofl:

leftwing
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I dont understand what they could be charged for. I bet the videos were hilarious though.

edit...hahah wicked.

rage2
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
haha pretty funny.

Mar
11-16-2011, 12:28 PM
They're impersonating police officers, that's illegal.

Chester
11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Mar

By dressing like Batman.... :rolleyes:

BensonTT
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
LMAO! That was funny.. Hope they make more videos... LoL

Zephyr
11-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Woah Canadian police officers dress up as super heroes?!

kenny
11-16-2011, 01:14 PM
He said he worked for Chilliwack Police Dept. You don't have to dress like a cop to impersonate a cop. Doubt they'll get charged though.

Weird fact: Its only illegal to impersonate local/domestic law enforcement. If for example these guys said they work for a British police force it would be legal.

adidas
11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Awesome :thumbsup:

dj_rice
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Mar

He didn't say he was a police officer. He said he works for the Chiliwack Police Dept.

davidI
11-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Chester

By dressing like Batman.... :rolleyes:

I agreed with your comment, until watching Rage's video, where the guy does claim to be with the police.

Awesome vigilante justice just the same :rofl:

arian_ma
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
"Oh my God! This man said he worked for a police force to lure in a fucking pedophile. AGAINST THE LAW!!!!"

STFU

Kavy
11-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by kenny
He said he worked for Chilliwack Police Dept. You don't have to dress like a cop to impersonate a cop. Doubt they'll get charged though.

Weird fact: Its only illegal to impersonate local/domestic law enforcement. If for example these guys said they work for a British police force it would be legal.

I bet they make just as many arrests as the Vancouver police did in relation to the riots.

Tik-Tok
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
These guys should just be walking up, confirming the online name, and take a photo of the pedo's, then walk away silently. That'd scare the mo-fo's more than a geeky voice in a costume.

-relk-
11-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
These guys should just be walking up, confirming the online name, and take a photo of the pedo's, then walk away silently. That'd scare the mo-fo's more than a geeky voice in a costume.

But where is the humour in that?

This is dumb, sure they were "impersonating" a police office, but who is really going to take someone dressed up as batman or the flash seriously? I hope they do not get charged. Is there no context in law anymore, or are police officers just blindly following the law and prosecuting anyone who breaks it.

It is not like these guys are going up to everyone on the street and yelling that they are going to arrest everyone, they are approaching someone who they believe to be a sex predator. I have only watched the one video though, and with no sound for that matter, so this is based on the video/reaction of beyonders, which we all know is not the best info to go on :nut:

EDIT: Someone should make an image for Pedobait Batman

Joe-G
11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.jokeroo.com/s_i2t1

This one was deleted off youtube.

71car2
11-16-2011, 02:55 PM
The CBS link (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/11/16/bc-teen-vigilante-predator-superhero-costumes.html)

Interesting that there is a link in that CBS link to show you the poll results what people think of the question: "Is there a place for vigilante justice?"

Well, props to these teens stopping a sick sex predator from doing the act with the girl. :rofl:

BensonTT
11-16-2011, 02:57 PM
If you cant pretend to be a cop, how come that show just for laugh/gags they pretend to be cops all the time? :dunno:

gretz
11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
If you cant pretend to be a cop, how come that show just for laugh/gags they pretend to be cops all the time? :dunno:

Quebec lol

Sugarphreak
11-16-2011, 07:12 PM

JMaj7
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/ToTrollAPredatorTV

I call this initiative...check out the logo

"umadbro?" :rofl: