PDA

View Full Version : Thought "hmm, I need to get winter tires" and slid into a fence the same day :(

Stealth22
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Title says it all. Saw the snow during the day, and figured I should probably stop being lazy and look into getting a set of winters instead of staying with all-seasons.

The very same evening, I skided on some black ice (a lot of good the ABS, traction, and stability control did me :( ), and my Subaru unfortunately slid right into a barbed wire fence. :(

I was in a turn when it happened, so it hit the side of the car. The damage isn't TOO bad, and the car is driveable, but its going to have to be through insurance. The rear door is scratched and dented, and the OEM side skirt is damanged.

Insurance wants me to go to Carstar for a quote first, and I can eventually use who I want, but their payout will depend on Carstar's quote.

I was thinking about taking it to Contemporary, as I've read good things about them on Beyond before, but I thought I'd post up quickly and ask about the best place to take the car. What are the decent places in Calgary? I love my car, and if insurance is paying, I want a decent job done on it. Any places that offer Beyond discounts?

And yes, the minute it's fixed, I'm going in for a set of winter tires!

snoop101
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Bob

Sugarphreak
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Tomaz
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Screaming Paintworks and Contemporary do great work as seen on a few of my friend's cars. It would be a good place to start. I am not sure about $$$, but I hear Screamin' is very reasonable.

then go visit Urban X

I hope that your car is back on the road shortly! Glad nobody was hurt. :thumbsup:

Edit: :facepalm:

Tik-Tok
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
Bob
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
:werd: Bob @ Urban

Originally posted by Tomaz
Urban X

Wow, I didn't realize Bob and UrbanX were doing bodywork now! :rofl:

Originally posted by Stealth22

I was thinking about taking it to Contemporary, as I've read good things about them on Beyond before, but I thought I'd post up quickly and ask about the best place to take the car. What are the decent places in Calgary? I love my car, and if insurance is paying, I want a decent job done on it. Any places that offer Beyond discounts?

TeamBestBud
11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
National collision my friend. ^i love how nobody actually read your post lol

Tomaz
11-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
National collision my friend. ^i love how nobody actually read your post lol

Editing my original post. It read as if he was getting the car fixed and wanted to know where to get tires after. :rofl:

as mentioned above, Screamin' Paintworks and Contemporary do great work. I have not needed to see them, but I have had quite a few friends get work done by both and it comes out great.

94boosted
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

:rofl: Priceless

Screamin Paintworks has a great rep on Beyond..............and then Bob @ Urban X lol

Datis
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).