PDA

View Full Version : Astro- the next big Hip-Hop artist?

jdmXSI
11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Pretty sick for a 13yr old considering he writes all of own lyrics;)

pP4WMhsqIOA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Aniki
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
I've been following him since his first audition, this kid is the real deal! Something special for sure.

adam c
11-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Definitely talented, will be better with a deeper voice that's for sure

phreezee
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Kid took a total wrong turn after being in the bottom two today, might not make it another week on the show.

Mitsu3000gt
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I think he is a giant tool, and I hope he is voted off. Horrible attitude, and he's full of himself. After tonight though he pretty much sealed the deal that he'll be gone next week unless he does a 180.

Kavy
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
He doesn't write the songs, don't be ridiculous. There is 2 producers assigned to each artist on the Xfactor who setup the arrangements and lyrics for the performances.

Sure he might add a few lines here and there but far from writing the whole performance.

He is a little boy and it really came through tonite on the show. He set his career back 4 years in a matter of 5 minutes.

phreezee
11-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
He set his career back 4 years in a matter of 5 minutes.

I wouldn't go that far, at least he didn't beat up Rihanna while she was there. Chris Brown did that and it only set him back 2 years lol.

P.S. Rumors of Rihanna being pregnant seem to be true the way she had her arm across her stomach. Also her face seems to have rounded out. I predict a girl if it's true.

KRyn
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Hip hop is dead.

sputnik
11-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Not that great.

Lots of awkward beats and too much heavy breathing because he is pretty much shouting in the mic.

I like smoother quieter hip hop artists.

kvg
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Impressive

03ozwhip
11-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Not that great.

Lots of awkward beats and too much heavy breathing because he is pretty much shouting in the mic.

I like smoother quieter hip hop artists.

doesnt mean hes not good, the kid is fucking fantastic, thats his own style, might not be your thing but its other peoples.

he has fucked himself in the competition, though he will still get a contract somewhere else im sure.

Aniki
11-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
He doesn't write the songs, don't be ridiculous. There is 2 producers assigned to each artist on the Xfactor who setup the arrangements and lyrics for the performances.

Sure he might add a few lines here and there but far from writing the whole performance.

He is a little boy and it really came through tonite on the show. He set his career back 4 years in a matter of 5 minutes.

He writes all of his own material man its been said over and over throughout the show. His first audition was a single ("Stop Lookin at my Momz") he had it on sale on iTunes before the show even aired. His lyrical content is phenomenal, even compared to an established rapper.

uZdeVNWEFCc

CQHQmoQXUXY

PI_BVi7BVgo

this was 2 years ago, he was 13 years old!

Type_S1
11-18-2011, 07:38 PM
This kid spits fire...he has better lyrics then most rappers on the radio aha....give him a few years and he will blow up. Some of his bars reminds me of biggies flow.

Mar
11-18-2011, 07:40 PM
This kid is incredible, he samples some old school lyrics, makes references to the Sugar Hill Gang, you can tell he lives and breathes New York hip hop, it has a certain flair to it.

He's got the talent and is a little heavy on the breathing but that's what I like about a live performance, it brings out the little inconsistencies that tell you it's a live show and shows the artist is only human.

His only problem is his monosyllabic rhyming, he only rhymes the last syllable of each line with the one before it. If he wants to grow as a technical artist he's going to have to be more polysyllabic as a rhymer but I think that will come with time and experience. This kid's getting a record deal for sure but I'd be interested how much he pursues it after work and school playing more of a part in his life. A lot of kids don't have the dedication and drop off, never to be heard of again.

Disoblige
11-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Real deal for sure.

Kavy, where did you hear that the producers did most of the work? From what they have been portraying (which could be fake too), he wrote all his own lyrics?

I liked most of Astro's performances, he definitely delivers. I'm always interested to see what Astro does, because L.A. is so right on the girls doing the same shit over and over again.

Off topic, but I thought Melanie Amaro was going to take it after hearing her first audition with Beyonce's song. She's ridiculously good, but now, not so sure. Been bored the last 2 performances from her.

dj_rice
11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
He's pretty good but for a kid he thinks hes Kanye West already or something?

ir_a2cR4oUk

http://www.toofab.com/2011/11/18/x-factor-astro-simon-cowell-video/

mr2mike
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by adam c
Definitely talented, will be better with a deeper voice that's for sure

Totally. Just like Kris Kross.