PDA

View Full Version : Scammer on Porsche forum - Fun read.

Cody D
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
This guy is a serious scammer, he has been screwing people since 2006 at least.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/260268-fraud-alert-do-you-know-guy-reward.html

The best part is the fear laced e-mail he sends the OP which you can read at the bottom of Page 4.

It also turns out that he is an Accountant for the Federal Reserve and now he's scared for his job, haha.

rage2
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
My buddy is in charge of network security at the Federal Reserve in SFO. I should fwd that over to him haha.

Tik-Tok
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
All I have to say, is....

Thank you Rage2, Kenny, and Moderators, for limiting avatar size, signature size, and not allowing Beyond to become a giant page of advertisements like that site.

I hope this will be a good ending, and not fizzle out to private matters.

spikerS
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

rage2
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I fwd'd the info to my buddy, will find out if this guy actually works at the SFO Federal Reserve.

rage2
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
There's no Jeff Menge at the SFO Federal Reserve.

Cody D, I'm not on 6SO (I'm a Rennlister), can you tell Vivid to contact me? I'll PM you my email addy.

Like I said, my buddy's head of netsec down there, so I can chase the guy down if he actually DOES work there.

Cody D
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
There's no Jeff Menge at the SFO Federal Reserve.

Cody D, I'm not on 6SO (I'm a Rennlister), can you tell Vivid to contact me? I'll PM you my email addy.

Like I said, my buddy's head of netsec down there, so I can chase the guy down if he actually DOES work there.

Awesome, I've sent him your info.

J-hop
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh the suspense!!!!! I don't know why the guy sent that email, so stupid. Pulling the "I've been going through personal troubles" card is an instant give away, takes a real dumbass to try to play that card.

Tik-Tok
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
What a lame ending. He kept saying he doesn't need the money, and how he wants this guy in jail... but then cashes out at first opportunity, and will only discuss it further in PM's.

KISS_ME
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How does anyone even navigate on that site, i had a hard time just filtering out the ad's from the actual content.

Regardless, glad the guy got his money back. More times the not these days scammers get away with this kinda crap.

dimi
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
What a lame ending. He kept saying he doesn't need the money, and how he wants this guy in jail... but then cashes out at first opportunity, and will only discuss it further in PM's.

:werd:

"ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY!!! GUY HAS TO GO TO JAIL."

"Got a bankers cheque. Issue resolved."

chkolny541
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
wow, really lame :banghead:

J-hop
12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Wow, that was about as anticlimactic as getting a girl home and finding out she's on her period.

On a completely unrelated note is half that board majorly ESL??? Granted it cleaned up near the end but in the first 5 or so pages I could barely read some of the stuff, everything from issue being spelled "essue" to the phrase "I got stole for 2500..." haha!

se7en
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
geez....never did saw a forem lik dat befow.

I couldn't get past the first page.