BigBearWest
01-27-2004, 12:05 AM
wow that thing is f'in HUGE:eek:

Redlyne_mr2
01-27-2004, 12:05 AM
badass what size of wg is he using?

CelicaST-162
01-27-2004, 12:06 AM
:eek: thats a big turbo, how much psi does it blow out? looks like it came from a midsized diesel engine

Forcefed
01-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Nice turbo man, Maybe with that you can keep up with this

Forcefed
01-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Looks like the turbo is a garret(so it seems)

Boost Infested
01-27-2004, 01:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if you are 12s or slower, i wish you luck ForceFed...

heres another preview...

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15788;id=7669;image

Forcefed
01-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Found out this car is in the states....well props for a nice car

Forcefed
01-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Shit honestly right now I drive a 22 second pontiac.....if that i mean that might be at sea lvl with a 124 MPH tail wind

Boost Infested
01-27-2004, 08:43 AM
:dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

finboy
01-27-2004, 08:45 AM
alberta's fastest 4 cyl? :eek: ;)

legendboy
01-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
Going on a Neon headed 2.5 turbo Dodge Daytona.:thumbsup:

What made you choose a Schwitzer over a Garrett or Turbonetitcs?

Originally posted by Forcefed
Close up on the turbo incase u wanted to know..Oh and its not "my" car just one that will be around next year

I love the new style GT compressor housings :thumbsup: Your charge pipes are kind of getto tho.

sputnik
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
hopefully the bottom end and internals are well done... if not... make sure you video tape your first race with an M3

"was that your engine? are you joking?"

:D :rofl:

anyways... nice clean turbo... look forward to seeing you out at RaceCity next summer

EK 2.0
01-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
hopefully the bottom end and internals are well done... if not... make sure you video tape your first race with an M3

anyways... nice clean turbo... look forward to seeing you out at RaceCity next summer

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"heres a piece of block...and...another piece of block..."

90_Shelby
01-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by legendboy

What made you choose a Schwitzer over a Garrett or Turbonetitcs?

I love the new style GT compressor housings :thumbsup: Your charge pipes are kind of getto tho.

Schwitzers are a lot cheaper and thats what our sponsor (Alamo Industries) insisted on supplying. You can't complain when it's free :D A GT42 was our first choice, this turbo has a similar map.

I'll worry about the internals :thumbsup: Remember it's not a Honda.:rofl: The engine made 400fwhp and 500fwtq last year with properly machined (Davenport Racing) stock internals and forged pistons.

P.S. M3's will never be a threat to this car.:guns:

legendboy
01-27-2004, 11:51 AM

Schwitzers are a lot cheaper and thats what our sponsor (Alamo Industries) insisted on supplying. You can't complain when it's free :D A GT42 was our first choice, this turbo has a similar map.

oh man thats crazy. must be nice to have them as neighbours :)

sputnik
01-27-2004, 12:17 PM

I'll worry about the internals :thumbsup: Remember it's not a Honda.:rofl: The engine made 400fwhp and 500fwtq last year with properly machined (Davenport Racing) stock internals and forged pistons.

Davenport kicks ass.

My gf's dad is good friends with those guys

jdmakkord
01-27-2004, 12:26 PM

Davenport kicks ass.

My gf's dad is good friends with those guys

90_shelby works there

nosoup4u
01-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Nice turbo man, Maybe with that you can keep up with this

Wow is that a calgary car?
you seem to be shootin your mouth off pretty good even through you dont actually own the car:thumbsdow

But I love fast cars so ask your friend if he wants to line up this spring with either the daytona or my car

rage2
01-27-2004, 02:34 PM
3" buschur down pipe/test pipe 3" Thermal r&d cat back, DNP tubular equal length turbo header,3" FP tubular 02 housing & dump tube 40mm tial external wastegate,IRC street core,Fluidyne aluminum radiator,FP3052 turbo, denso 720cc injectors, HKS VPC,S-AFC, stage 3 ecu,walbro 255, A-FPR,magnus intake manifold, HKS 272/272 cams, AEM cam gears,ARP head studs,ACT 2600, DSM performance underdrive pulleys,no balance shafts,short shifter, pocket logger,autometer gauges, B&G 1.6" specific rate springs Sparco Torino racing seats,Vis OEM carbon fiber hood, Tech Edge Wide Band version 2.0, Nitrous Express Intercooler sprayer, custom dejon tools 4" cold air intake Buschur Coil on plug ignition system 17x8 konig villains wrapped in nitto nt555 235/45/17" rubber .
You must be on crack to invest that much into the car but ghetto tune it with someone else's ECU and a S-AFC. :eek:

Good luck with that... you'll need it.

redline
01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2

You must be on crack to invest that much into the car but ghetto tune it with someone else's ECU and a S-AFC. :eek:

ROTFLMAO :rofl:

m10-power
01-27-2004, 03:56 PM
P.S. M3's will never be a threat to this car.

Lol we can start at the drag strip and I'll race you around to the start again in my BMW. I'll be the one reading the paper when you arrive haha.

Going fast straight is a gay as going fast in a circle :rofl:

Still impressive power, but I :dunno: it doesnt do anything for me...

90_Shelby
01-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

Lol we can start at the drag strip and I'll race you around to the start again in my BMW. I'll be the one reading the paper when you arrive haha.

Each to his own, but do you honestly think this Daytona would ever get down the track with a decent ET being a FWD and beable to do the road course?? You don't know too much about setting up a FWD for drag racing if you think it would be even remotely competetive in a road course situation. :rolleyes:

90_Shelby
01-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by nosoup4u

Wow is that a calgary car?
you seem to be shootin your mouth off pretty good even through you dont actually own the car:thumbsdow

But I love fast cars so ask your friend if he wants to line up this spring with either the daytona or my car

Damn Straight:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

Boost Infested
01-27-2004, 06:58 PM

i think your gHey! :poosie:

this is a drag car not a roadrace car... :rofl:

kolumbo69
01-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Drag racing is for pussys that have no skill but going straight road racing is a real sport which requires skill and if its a fwd have fun hooking it up your going to have so much wheel hop you wont go any where. Oh yah your bottom end better be bullet proof whether its a honda or not cause all i see is kaboom

rage2
01-28-2004, 01:14 AM
newbie alert! :rofl:

The car's already made several 11s passes. I think it's hooking up fine lol.

PtrGozinya
01-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Drag racing is for pussys that have no skill but going straight road racing is a real sport which requires skill and if its a fwd have fun hooking it up your going to have so much wheel hop you wont go any where. Oh yah your bottom end better be bullet proof whether its a honda or not cause all i see is kaboom

Um............. You apparently haven't set up or ridden in a fwd street racer.. No road hop if you do it properly. You only hop if you cut/remove the springs... My car stays on the ground perfectly.. and so does my friends. he has a fat (_I_) t4 turbo in it... whole 9 yrd setup... Also, you won't hear the "kaboom" unless you blow NOS in 1st or 2nd gear or just have a shitty block.... which is retarded and whoever decides to do that or have such a shitty block they do doesn't deserve to be a streetracer.

speedracer
01-28-2004, 09:12 AM

Bench racing at it's best :rofl:

:D When you actually do show up at the track at RCMP for road racing come find one of us ...

Originally posted by kolumbo69
Right, again another person bitches about drag racing and glorifies road racing but it's doubt full you even road race.... Or is bench racing a sport?

newbies.... The car runs 11's already and what honda? heh dodge power :D

nosoup4u
01-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by PtrGozinya

Um............. You apparently haven't set up or ridden in a fwd street racer.. No road hop if you do it properly. You only hop if you cut/remove the springs... My car stays on the ground perfectly.. and so does my friends. he has a fat (_I_) t4 turbo in it... whole 9 yrd setup... Also, you won't hear the "kaboom" unless you blow NOS in 1st or 2nd gear or just have a shitty block.... which is retarded and whoever decides to do that or have such a shitty block they do doesn't deserve to be a streetracer.

Another newbie:banghead:
When did blowin NOS in 1st and 2nd blow motors
Do you know what a T4 turbo is?
you got any pics to prove this
or are you just KEYBOARD RACING

EK 2.0
01-28-2004, 10:54 AM

Another newbie:banghead:
When did blowin NOS in 1st and 2nd blow motors
Do you know what a T4 turbo is?
you got any pics to prove this
or are you just KEYBOARD RACING

Keyboard Racing...I remember in the late 80's when this was gaining popularity...

nosoup4u
01-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by kolumbo69

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It takes the same amount of skill/concentration to drag race as roadrace.Time/repeation/knowledge all are needed in both sport

Hollywood
01-28-2004, 11:14 AM

It takes the same amount of skill/concentration to drag race as roadrace.Time/repeation/knowledge all are needed in both sport

For sure! In drag, milisecond decisions and proper follow through make the difference, and the follow through takes skill.

A lot of people here are dumb! And have no clue....

Confessions of a 11-teen year old beyonder;

"but I raced my buddy in my moms automatic 89 cavalier 4 door! SO I know everything about performance drag racing...."

90_Shelby
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM

Exactly, whats more of a handful to drive, your car down the dragstrip on slicks or an M3 on the roadcourse... I've seen you on the strip and I think lighting the tires up at 60-70mph and going sideways with two concrete walls on either side of you, and not hitting either........ I think it takes a little bit of skill to actually make a full pass.:eek:

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 90_Shelby
[B]

I'll worry about the internals :thumbsup: Remember it's not a Honda.:rofl: The engine made 400fwhp and 500fwtq last year with properly machined (Davenport Racing) stock internals and forged pistons

I've got a 3ld sitting here in my garage but haven't found any info on it,I'd appreciate any info you could give me on them.
Also,props on keeping that dodge together,I know they did have all sorts of problems blowing head gaskets and cracking between the valve seats in stock form,must have taken some work to get it to this stage.
I've got a bare r/t head if you know anyone who might be interested.:thumbsup:

90_Shelby
01-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Contact Alamo Industries here in Calgary for info on your turbo they should be able to help you out.

And PM me details on that R/T head and what you would want for it....

Thanks

rage2
01-28-2004, 04:40 PM
haha depends on the car :).

In my AMG, it's a no-brainer.

Brake. Brake Torque to 2000rpm. Let go brake. Full throttle. Wave. :rofl:

PtrGozinya
01-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Hrmmm..... I guess I must be a noob..... last I thought, a T4 turbo was turbonetics biggest Turbo... Also...... Blowing NOS in 1st and 2nd gear WILL blow your engine because it revvs up the engine BEYOND where it should be and you see a nice little rod flying above your head...... I have seen this first hand... if you don't believe me.. give it a shot.....

So for you fuk heads that think I'm a noob... sit on it and twist... for those of you that don't... You are yet to be on my sh*t list.... Stay off it!

Dirty_SOHC
01-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Hrmmm..... I guess I must be a noob..... last I thought, a T4 turbo was turbonetics biggest Turbo... Also...... Blowing NOS in 1st and 2nd gear WILL blow your engine because it revvs up the engine BEYOND where it should be and you see a nice little rod flying above your head...... I have seen this first hand... if you don't believe me.. give it a shot.....

So for you fuk heads that think I'm a noob... sit on it and twist... for those of you that don't... You are yet to be on my sh*t list.... Stay off it!

too funny:rofl:

nosoup4u
01-28-2004, 05:34 PM

Oh my god! where does all these idiots come from.
Last i heard turbonetics biggest turbo is something called a y2k that can house a 88-106mm wheel.

shit people have been dumpin NOS in 1st and 2nd gear for about 100years now, and this newbie comes here and try to rewrite the rule book.

have you ever hear of a rpm switch

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Contact Alamo Industries here in Calgary for info on your turbo they should be able to help you out.

And PM me details on that R/T head and what you would want for it....

Thanks

pm'd

ls/vtec-crx
01-28-2004, 05:41 PM

:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

This is getting interesting. He Mau your turbo is way TOO SMALL you must get of yours and buy TURBONETICS T4 TURBO. IT"S THE BIGGEST THEY MAKE FOR YOUR CAR!

rage2
01-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Guys, it's true. When you use NOS in first and 2nd gear, you'll blow your motor. I've had it happen to me sooooo many times.....

.......... playing Need for Speed Underground! :rofl:

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PtrGozinya
[B]Hrmmm..... I guess I must be a noob..... last I thought, a T4 turbo was turbonetics biggest Turbo... Also...... Blowing NOS in 1st and 2nd gear WILL blow your engine because it revvs up the engine BEYOND where it should be and you see a nice little rod flying above your head...... I have seen this first hand... if you don't believe me.. give it a shot.....

T4's are still little guys,go check out those big suckers on some of the pro mod or outlaw street cars,freakin huge.As far as the nos thing thats what rev limiters are for.Big deal we've all seen windowed engines before and I've never seen a rod go flying above my head before,blower belts and bits of valvetrain yes but not conrod.

ls/vtec-crx
01-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Guys, it's true. When you use NOS in first and 2nd gear, you'll blow your motor. I've had it happen to me sooooo many times.....
.......... playing Need for Speed Underground! :rofl:

AAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA! I hope you've learned your lesson! Don't use nitrous with turbo. Keep it up and you'll never finish the game! LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1badPT
01-28-2004, 05:56 PM

1. noob
2. e-thug

what else should we add to the list? :tongue:

ninspeed
01-28-2004, 06:05 PM

sit on what and twist????
Damm noobs ruin another good thread....

Back on topic, cant wait to see that car this year

Boost Infested
01-28-2004, 06:12 PM

can you spread your legs..... so i can KICK you square on :rofl:

so we are suppost to hit the nawz after we shift into 5th? :rofl:

Forcefed
01-28-2004, 06:43 PM

HAHAHAHA, man did u go to stupid school for cars....thats the stupidest post I even read...Do us a favor, do some research figure out what the hell you are talking about before ruining a good thread and make yourself sound like a retard.

Forcefed
01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
1. noob

2. e-thug

3. Internet Bad Boy- Mess with him and your on the "shit list" sounds scary dont get on this

90_Shelby
01-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I was going to reply but I think you guys covered everything I could think of.:rofl: :rofl:

redline
01-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

so we are suppost to hit the nawz after we shift into 5th? :rofl:

no it is only safe in 6th

Redlyne_mr2
01-28-2004, 08:40 PM
This has to be as joke no one can be that dumb

ninspeed
01-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
thats what i though too.... but i am afraid its just that way

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by redline

no it is only safe in 6th
try hitting it at idle,acts like a fast idle for cars with big cams.only short bursts though,or you'll overrev:thumbsup: :nut:

Ekliptix
01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm typing the word reverse.

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 10:12 PM
back to the original subject for a sec.Did you use weld els for that?1.5".Also got any closer up shots of the collector?I'm just trying to get a better idea for the one I need to build.I was thinking of doing a 4-2-1 for mine but it looks like it maybe simpler to build a 4-1.thx.Okay back to the mockery.

Boost Infested
01-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx

AAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA! I hope you've learned your lesson! Don't use nitrous with turbo. Keep it up and you'll never finish the game! LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TOO SOON JR! :rofl: :rofl:

nosoup4u
01-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yeah this guy must be jokin, there is no way in hell he can be this stupid.
Where does all this foolio get their knowledge from University of CHINATOWN:rofl:

M3STIMini
01-29-2004, 03:41 PM
No you making fun of Chinese people!?!?!? you racist.

University of Fukinese is a highly regarded institution.

nosoup4u
01-29-2004, 03:44 PM
:clap:

Shit i guess we do need these new graduates in this forum,

They give us pretty good entertainment

GT2NV
01-29-2004, 04:55 PM

can you spread your legs..... so i can KICK you square on :rofl:

so we are suppost to hit the nawz after we shift into 5th? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

m10-power
01-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Some funny stuff here, good entertainment. I guess I have the biggest turbo from turbonetics on my car already...well at least the compressor side :rofl:

SPEEDRACER "When you actually do show up at the track at RCMP for road racing come find one of us ..."

How's it going, I've already shown up at the track many times but only for lapping days and solo 1

Here's some video fun from a few years ago, you may recognize some of the cars on the track...

'00 video 1 (http://www.320i.com/e21e28p911.mpg)
'00 video 2 (http://www.320i.com/928se36m3.mpg)
'00 video 3 (a neon briefly ;) ) (http://www.320i.com/928last.mpg)
'00 video 4 (BMW freight train with a neon in the way ;) ) (http://www.320i.com/e21e28e30.mpg)

My poor brakes that year...man that makes me want the snow to go away :banghead:

rage2
01-29-2004, 05:21 PM
How's it going, I've already shown up at the track many times but only for lapping days and solo 1
What kinda laptimes do you pull?

m10-power
01-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Best I've done is 1:28(in the car, 1:24's on a slow ass YZF-600 - including the 'old' bus stop), this year sucked due to work and a fucked wastegate and overly strong rear brakes...I only could manage a 1:31 in my single solo 1 visit.

pressure_ratio
01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
wow,that car pulls nice.You've obviously got a m10 in it.I should get in touch with you about you're setup.You wouldn't happen to be the guy who got the header from tech works?I've been slowly working on my m10turbo 2.2L long rod stroker,neat mill.

Boost Infested
01-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by M3STIMini
No you making fun of Chinese people!?!?!? you racist.

University of Fukinese is a highly regarded institution.

ahahah, hes asian.... :rofl:

fuckin' asian! :eek: :poosie: :rofl:

Boost Infested
01-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Best I've done is 1:28(in the car, 1:24's on a slow ass YZF-600 - including the 'old' bus stop), this year sucked due to work and a fucked wastegate and overly strong rear brakes...I only could manage a 1:31 in my single solo 1 visit.

is this turbo tom? :D

m10-power
01-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio
wow,that car pulls nice.You've obviously got a m10 in it.I should get in touch with you about you're setup.You wouldn't happen to be the guy who got the header from tech works?I've been slowly working on my m10turbo 2.2L long rod stroker,neat mill.

Yes, Tom and I built that header, well Tom did and I measured lol

My website is www.320i.com, a bit dated but still good info for M10 turbos.

I thought about going with a stroker but I wanted to rev it instead, so far 7500rpms on stock camshaft. A new custom camshaft is coming this winter should allow 8500rpms. Intake manifold is a bit long for that still we shall see.

THREE40SEVEN
01-30-2004, 12:53 AM

ahahah, hes asian.... :rofl:

fuckin' asian! :eek: :poosie: :rofl:
Fuckin racist:rofl:

M3STIMini
01-30-2004, 04:01 PM
for those of you that didn't get it...

Fukin U

Joe Malms
02-01-2004, 03:48 AM
ptrgozinya is a genius.

Forcefed, the anorexic car enthusiast, you're quite the turd burglar going about posting info on other peoples cars and say "you might be able to beat this".
Maybe its just me, but i find it odd.

Everytime someone says anything about their car im gonna post a picture of an enzo and say the same!

Back on topic, nice turbo, should make for even more impressive passes.

2.0turbo
02-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Whats a noob?

habsfan
02-10-2004, 09:24 PM
can't we all just get along??? :dunno:

THREE40SEVEN
02-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by M3STIMini
for those of you that didn't get it...

Fukin U
:dunno:

m10-power
02-12-2004, 05:13 PM
A drag dodge car (http://www.sdsefi.com/features/jan04shelby.htm)

508hp 9.7@141mph 1/4 mile 2.2L 8 valve

Thought you might be interested in this

90_Shelby
02-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Wow that car is really light.:eek:

Hollywood
02-12-2004, 08:15 PM
On a serious note are you guys going to use nitrous for that little bit extra?

90_Shelby
02-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
On a serious note are you guys going to use nitrous for that little bit extra?

That will depend on whether or not we hit our targeted ET goal or not......... But most likely we won't have to.