PDA

View Full Version : New $100 bill

2Legit2Quit
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Sick deal, I recommend buying via the Buy Now option.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/100-00-Canadian-Polymer-RADAR-Note-/110776939889?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item19cad1f571&clk_rvr_id=285592173281&afsrc=1#ht_500wt_1413

:nut:

pea_soup
11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
People must really think canadians are that dumb? Side note, the bills look and feel like monopoly money.

95EagleAWD
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Haven't seen any at work yet... Looking forward to it though.

pea_soup
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
They are wierd looking. when you do see it you'll think it's fake money. Part of the bill is completely transparent. It'll take some getting used to.

hurrdurr
11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Canadian Pesos

max_boost
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
haha

Yes it's a collector's item! First time I saw anything like it was the $10 Hong Kong bill.

Tik-Tok
11-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pea_soup
People must really think canadians are that dumb?

:facepalm:

It's un-circulated, which makes it more valuable to collectors, then just face value.

JustinMCS
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

It's un-circulated, which makes it more valuable to collectors, then just face value.

:facepalm: THAN just face value.

But what do you mean it's un-circulated? This 100 dollar bill is already available at local banks. I already have two of them....

Tik-Tok
11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

But what do you mean it's un-circulated? This 100 dollar bill is already available at local banks. I already have two of them....

It means that exact particular bill was never released for public use, and sold from the mint, as a collectors item. (assuming it's not a flEabay scam anyways, lol)

edit: My grandparents have been buying me un-circulated coin sets for every year since I was born. One set I have (1996) that has a face value of $1.91, has a collector value of almost $50.

spikerS
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

un-circulated means that it never entered the normal progression a regular bill has, thus remaining mint. It has not been in countless people's wallets, cash registers, ATMs, pockets ect. It just means that it is in mint condition right from the mint, and has not been passed around like ludegirl.

JustinMCS
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by spikers
and has not been passed around like ludegirl.

lol. I get it. I thought he meant this one was released to the public but not meant for general circulation, ie: special bill, collectors edition, etc.

Idiot Stick
11-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Actually, the Polymer bills were said to have entered Circulation/old bills were stopped on November 7th if I recall.

sputnik
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
If the serial number was full of 8s you would have a serious bidding war for it.

calgarys_finest
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Its a radar bill which is important to collectors. I once sold a 1937 5 dollar radar for 198.00 on ebay. Its when the serial number is the same forward as backwards.

pea_soup
11-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Mleh get the same bill by boing to the bank...

toyboy88
11-18-2011, 07:01 PM
They are wierd looking. when you do see it you'll think it's fake money. Part of the bill is completely transparent. It'll take some getting used to.

Other places in the world have had this for a while. It's awesome IMO.

Originally posted by max_boost
haha

Yes it's a collector's item! First time I saw anything like it was the $10 Hong Kong bill.

Same! :D

Mar
11-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Go to the bank and order one or just ask any retailer to bring them in. Bam, uncirculated, not hard.

Originally posted by calgarys_finest
Its a radar bill which is important to collectors. I once sold a 1937 5 dollar radar for 198.00 on ebay. Its when the serial number is the same forward as backwards.
Why the hell would anyone care about that?

01RedDX
11-18-2011, 07:59 PM

fishandchips
11-18-2011, 08:07 PM

:facepalm: Durrr :rofl: You tard.

smartcar
11-19-2011, 11:00 AM

And the colour looks kind of faded, definitely looks fake except for the neat holograms.

J-hop
11-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Mar

Go to the bank and order one or just ask any retailer to bring them in. Bam, uncirculated, not hard.

Why the hell would anyone care about that?

Yea I thought it was super easy to get uncirculated bills. Chances are the guy just walked into a bank, got a brand new fresh one and called it uncirculated.

If it was sold as a collectors item wouldn't you get some fancy case?

Spoons
11-19-2011, 01:58 PM
There are a whole lot of people that keep posting that don't have a clue about coin/money collecting... Stop it.

Its been explained about 5 times on why it is valuable.

Hi-Psi
11-19-2011, 02:12 PM
He probably works in a bank and sells bills like this all the time...

Blue
11-19-2011, 06:08 PM
i hate the texture of it . whenever it ouch it it gives me chills.

Trinzler
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Blue
i hate the texture of it . whenever it ouch it it gives me chills.

You should give your 100 bills to me then
:thumbsup:

They remind me of the HK 10 dollar bills

schurchill39
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Damn. I got told.

Im thinking that you are not a numismatist, so in order to explain, a radar note is a special collectible for those who collect paper money. The term radar refers to the serial number, in which the numbers preceeding the center number are exactly the same as, only reversed following the center number....for example....1234 (5 being the center number) 4321. You will note that the numbers are the same only reverse order. My bill serial number as you perhaps noted on the listing was 778 0 877. You may also note that during the time which I spent writing out this response, the bill sold for the buy it now price of $175.00, and it is worth considerably more. Thanks for your interest. abt655

Mar
11-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Damn. I got told.

I don't get it.

I collect Transformers and I look for colour/region variations because they're rarer and more valuable. I collect game cartridges and look for early production variants for the same reason.

People collect radar bills because...........:dunno: It doesn't make sense. They're not different in any way except for a random number.

schurchill39
11-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I emailed the seller to ask if he was serious about selling a $100 bill for nearly twice as much. That was his reply. It was a well written bitch slap. Cudos to the seller.

TomcoPDR
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Not all slot machines can take these yet :thumbsdow

masoncgy
11-20-2011, 09:10 PM
People have strange interests.

max_boost
11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Not all slot machines can take these yet :thumbsdow

You'll get more action out of a slut than a slot machine. :thumbsup:

CHICHARITZHI
11-20-2011, 11:31 PM
strange 100 bill , very deep.

calgarys_finest
11-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I don't get it.

I collect Transformers and I look for colour/region variations because they're rarer and more valuable. I collect game cartridges and look for early production variants for the same reason.

People collect radar bills because...........:dunno: It doesn't make sense. They're not different in any way except for a random number.

The number isnt random its planned and its the exact reason you collect your toys because its rare. If i remember correctly the chances of getting a 3 digit radar are one in 2300ish. I know people that buy bricks of bills from banks looking for them. Currency is some of the most collected things in the worlds some selling for millions of dollars.

Mar
11-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest

The number isnt random its planned and its the exact reason you collect your toys because its rare. If i remember correctly the chances of getting a 3 digit radar are one in 2300ish. I know people that buy bricks of bills from banks looking for them. Currency is some of the most collected things in the worlds some selling for millions of dollars.
I disagree. There was a version of Slag (Transformer) produced only for Canadian retail and they're worth about $300. The face is red as opposed to black, and the legs are white instead of black. It's desired because it was only produced in Canada and not available anywhere else in the world. Plus there are some that are a mix of the red face and black legs from when they were making the transition to standardize them.

The bills are just random, nothing exclusive to them except luck of the draw for getting one. There is absolutely nothing more to it.

Tik-Tok
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I disagree. There was a version of Slag (Transformer) produced only for Canadian retail and they're worth about $300. The face is red as opposed to black, and the legs are white instead of black. It's desired because it was only produced in Canada and not available anywhere else in the world. Plus there are some that are a mix of the red face and black legs from when they were making the transition to standardize them.

The bills are just random, nothing exclusive to them except luck of the draw for getting one. There is absolutely nothing more to it.

And a numismatist would say the same thing about collecting childrens toys because it has a different face colour. Your "Slag" is valuable, because it is rare, and sought after by people who like collecting toys. That bill was valuable because it is rare, and sought after by people who collect coins/paper money.

I'm surprised that someone who claims to be a collector of rare items doesn't get it :dunno:

Disoblige
11-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Not liking the new bills. Feels cheap and too thin for my liking.

gretz
11-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Your "Slag" is valuable, because it is rare, and sought after by people who like collecting toys. That bill was valuable because it is rare, and sought after by people who collect coins/paper money.

I'm surprised that someone who claims to be a collector of rare items doesn't get it :dunno:

Took the words right out of my mouth... Its just like artwork lol

max_boost
11-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by gretz

Took the words right out of my mouth... Its just like artwork lol

Yep people will pay all kinds of money for interesting/weird/historical things because they are rare. :nut:

CMW403
11-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I don't get it.

Let's review what you said here.

When you collect transformers you look for specific characteristics that make them "rarer" and more valuable, for example colour/region variations.

When people collect currency they look for specific characteristics that make it "rarer" and more valuable, for example a mirrored serial number.

Now remember, YOU said all of this in your post and then you went on to say that "i don't get it and it doesn't make sense".

I would also like to point out that you are collecting painted pieces of plastic worth fuck all to 99.99% of the people on earth, while you question the intelligence of people that collect CASH.

project240
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

I would also like to point out that you are collecting painted pieces of plastic worth fuck all to 99.99% of the people on earth, while you question the intelligence of people that collect CASH.

:rofl: I think most of the population likes to collect cash.

Mar
11-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Let's review what you said here.

When you collect transformers you look for specific characteristics that make them "rarer" and more valuable, for example colour/region variations.

When people collect currency they look for specific characteristics that make it "rarer" and more valuable, for example a mirrored serial number.

Now remember, YOU said all of this in your post and then you went on to say that "i don't get it and it doesn't make sense".

There's no exclusivity, you couldn't have gotten a Canadian Slag without living in Canada, walking your ass to the store and buying one. Or years later, now paying for one on Ebay.

Getting one of these bills is just totally random, nothing exclusive about it at all. It's like saying I have a bill with a serial number matching my birth date......who cares? Show me a bill with a limited edition print from a country which got dissolved and is no longer minting currency and I'll be impressed.

But it doesn't matter, people like them, people collect them, that's fine. I just thought there was more to it.

max_boost
11-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh it matters man.

It's like my license plate, I got a quadruple 8.

I know you white folks don't care but the Chinese love it.

XXX-8888

:bigpimp: :rofl:

CMW403
11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mar

There's no exclusivity, you couldn't have gotten a Canadian Slag without living in Canada, walking your ass to the store and buying one. Or years later, now paying for one on Ebay.

Getting one of these bills is just totally random, nothing exclusive about it at all. It's like saying I have a bill with a serial number matching my birth date......who cares? Show me a bill with a limited edition print from a country which got dissolved and is no longer minting currency and I'll be impressed.

But it doesn't matter, people like them, people collect them, that's fine. I just thought there was more to it.

Whooosh?

The exclusivity is the mirrored serial number. Just like the black face being exclusive to your transformer.

You think that when they came out with the "Canadian Slag" that people rushed to the store and bought them up because they just knew they would be worth something someday?

Kids across the Canada picked their noses with your prized "slag".

Disoblige
11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
"One person's trash is another person's treasure."

But money is never trash so.. :D

C_Dave45
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I got eight of them today!! Very cool! They're WAY thinner than the old ones. 8 bills felt like about 3. They're all in sequential numbers too.

AndyL
11-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah watch that... they're thin and they stick together different than paper bills :( that waitress almost got a hundred $ tip...

roopi
05-17-2013, 09:39 AM
RCMP issue warning over new polymer bank notes as counterfeit $100 bills flood Lower Mainland

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/16/rcmp-worries-canadians-are-overconfident-in-new-bank-notes-as-police-find-multiple-counterfeit-100-polymer-bills/

Sugarphreak
05-17-2013, 11:20 PM