PDA

View Full Version : unlocking iphoe 4/4s

ray8181
11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
anyone know a reliable site to unlock an iphone 4 or 4s? googled a few sites but not sure how reliable some of these sites are.

dingmah
11-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Check out your modem firmware version (baseband) under "Settings --> General --> About".

Then search that in the Google machine.

You can easily unlock it yourself using Cydia, provided your baseband has not been upgraded.

zarge
11-19-2011, 12:45 AM
You can untether unlock upto 4.3.3 on www.jailbreakme.com any other version requires a tethered boot. The sites claiming to unlock ios 5 untethered are fake.

imhungry
11-19-2011, 12:53 AM
As mentioned you have to have the correct baseband. If you updated to iOS 5 using the stock firmware your out of luck as you have the new baseband.

Gevey Sim will work not work on the new basebands and neither will UltraSn0w software unlock.

Sell it and buy another one for your correct provider. Thats what I did.

flamboyant
11-21-2011, 01:15 AM
There are no such thing as unlock sites for iPhones rofl. You can only unlock through carrier unlock which ranges from $50-$75 and only when your contract is up.

However, I did saw a video on unlocking an 4s a while back... brb.

Edit: Here is a tethered unlock glitch working on the iPhone 3gs/4/4s. No point in doing this glitch with the 3gs/4, because there is an easier way with Cydia and using ultrasn0w.. unless your baseband is updated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tATp_tbQ4k

Requires original Sim card with the carrier and it doesn't have to be activated. This works with firmwares up to 5.0.1. *WARNING* WiFi will re lock your IPhone and you have to re do the glitch if you turn off the phone/ turn on wifi. You can make phone calls, use data and text only with a data plan. Oh, and I don't recommend doing this unless you are SOL.

Just post a thread on Beyond and Kijiji if you need to trade for a different carrier

finboy
11-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Bumping this, i want an iphone but no contract, ant i want to run ios5 .

From my understanding, if i buy a telus phone off of someone and they get telus to unlock it officially, will i be able to run ios5 on the phone, fully functional on another carrier? I would prefer to not drop $400 on a phone that turns into an overpriced ipod touck when i upgrade the os.

The telus unlock...
http://whatsyourtech.ca/2011/02/08/telus-will-unlock-any-of-its-phones-for-50-fee/#.TtAITvF5mSM