PDA

View Full Version : HDMI From Computer to TV

lasimmon
11-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I dont know too much about computers, but if I run a HDMI cable from my computer to my tv, will I be able to return the audio to my home theatre system? Or would I have to do someother work around?

Mitsu3000gt
11-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Easiest thing to do is just go buy something like the Western Digital Live for $75 or so. It just works, all the time, no matter what, and gives you a great interface. It also perfectly sends Dolby Digital and DTS to your home theater as long as it's in the file.

If your computer has HDMI out, it can probably do the same things though. It just may not be as convenient.

dooman24
11-19-2011, 12:26 AM
your computer should be able to output audio through the hdmi cable

you'll have to change your computer audio output to S/PDIF.

right click on the speaker icon by your window's clock and click on playback devices

and go from there

lasimmon
11-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Ok I'll check out both options. Thanks guys!

abc1
11-19-2011, 12:28 AM
If your computer has hdmi, plug it to your home theater hdmi input and then home theater hdmi output to your tv. On the computer you'll have to change the monitor settings to duplicate which is what you see on the computer or extend, which makes it become a second monitor.

You'll have to go into the sound settings to change the output to hdmi output or you won't have any sound. Right click on your speaker icon on the bottom right corner beside your date/time, choose playback devices and hdmi output should be there.