PDA

View Full Version : Laser Hair Removal - Suggestions?

Hi-Psi
11-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,

My girlfriend would like to get some laser hair removal done in the usual places and I'm having trouble finding a place to recommend to her.

She had a bad experience once with a clinic in Red Deer where she spent a lot of money but didn't see any results... She talked to them but they refused to do anything about it, saying that it's not 100% that it will work.

Well now she has a distrust for laser hair removal but still really wants to get some work done in other areas so I thought I would look and see if anyone had any good experiences with anyone in Calgary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

adidas
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.shivamedispa.com/home.aspx

Had first had exp with a girl that works there, i can approve of it working! :poosie:

DJ Lazy
11-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Hi-Psi
Hey guys,

My girlfriend would like to get some laser hair removal done in the usual places and I'm having trouble finding a place to recommend to her.

She had a bad experience once with a clinic in Red Deer where she spent a lot of money but didn't see any results... She talked to them but they refused to do anything about it, saying that it's not 100% that it will work.

Well now she has a distrust for laser hair removal but still really wants to get some work done in other areas so I thought I would look and see if anyone had any good experiences with anyone in Calgary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

What was the place in Red Deer called?

.jl-
11-19-2011, 06:34 PM
a lot of places have good cheap deals too on redflagdeal and calgarydealsblog

Hi-Psi
11-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

What was the place in Red Deer called?

The place was Vanity Esthetics & Laser I think.

I have no idea if they were using the good lasers or the crappy IPL ones but either way it didn't work for her the way she wanted and they couldn't have cared less.

As for the deals on Groupon and stuff, they tend to be companies that either A)Don't know what they're doing(hire brand new technicians with no experience or B) Don't use the good lasers and instead opt for the IPL type lasers that don't work very effective.

I need some suggestions from people that have actually used a place in Calgary and thought it was good and worth it.

Adidas, I've heard of them, remember their groupon a while back, mixed reviews on them online but I haven't dealt with them personally.

Any other suggestions guys?

ryaraines
11-20-2011, 05:43 PM
From everything that I have heard/read, it works best on dark coarse hair on pale skin. I went to Drs Young and Wouters on Macleod Trail (Calgary Vein & Laser) with good results several years ago. It wasn't super cheap, but it was effective for me.

Hi-Psi
11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
After a few days of research, talking to people and calling places I decided to purchase this deal today for Smoothe Laser Clinic.

Smoothe Laser Clinic (http://www.dealticker.com/a.php/a/70433_15562)

$99 for underarms, lip and chin or $129 for brazilian or bikini. Decided to buy 2 of the brazilian ones as she mainly wants that region done. Pretty good deal for 4 treatments compared to all the places I called today.

I talked to Jenny and Paul today and they both seemed pretty nice. They use the Apogee Elite which is great for both light skinned and dark skinned people. This machine is one of the best machines on the market for laser hair removal from the research that I have done. I was worried that because of the deal they would be super booked up but they had spots available as early as Tuesday which is pretty good so I booked my girlfriend in for when she gets back into town from work at the end of the month. Will see how it goes :)

Deal is still going for another 4 days if anyone's interested.

Hi-Psi
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up that the laser hair removal deal ends tonight if anyone is interested, they haven't sold a lot which is great cus it doesn't mean they will be super booked up once the deal is finished.

My GF still has her appt for end of the month but was in to see them before flying up to work the other day and said the place seemed pretty good and that Paul was really nice.

Here's to hoping she has no hair left when she's done her treatments! :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
11-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I always laugh at those "deals" because all they're probably going to do is turn down the laser power so it takes more sessions to work. Why else would they do it for 1/2 the price?

Hi-Psi
11-24-2011, 08:08 PM
No that's not actually what they do... The catch is that most people take anywhere from 4-12 treatments depending on skin/hair type. With this deal if you buy 1 deal then you get 4 treatments and would have to pay regular price for any after that(significantly higher). If you purchase 2 of the deals then you get 8 treatments and if you happen to need more than 8 then those would come out of your pocket(again at regular price)

With a little research online you can judge from other people approximately what setting the machines need to be on and can watch as they set the machine as it's all right in front of you.

With this company(and any reputable company) they do a proper assessment of your hair/skin type and do a test before doing any treatment. You'll know after the first treatment if they were screwing you as your hair would not shed and you could then either complain or ask for a refund from the deal company(In this case Deal Ticker)

I was skeptical of all these deals when I first started researching to but after some reading it's pretty easy to pick out the good deals from the bad. The main thing is to make sure you aren't buying a deal for a company using an IPL which isn't a true laser and will do very little for stopping hair permanently. Most of the companies with these deals online have been using these IPL machines and like my GF just found out a week or so back, so was the company she had been going to for roughly a year in Red Deer(Hence why she was frustrated and not getting results)

Anyways, we'll see first hand how this place turns out, if my girl isn't 100% satisfied, we'll just email Deal Ticker and get our money back, simple as that.

Jason