PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy exhaust coupler?

J-hop
11-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey guys so a while ago I hit my exhaust coming out of a very steep parking entrance (I'm not even lowered :( ) and broke loose an old rusty coupler between my cat and the catback. It is hard to explain but the coupler is the type that is supposed to cinch down on the pipe as you tighten the clamps on either end. What broke off were the two clamps on either end, but they were somewhat of a integral part of the coupler, I tried replacing the clamps with standard exhaust clamps but I'm still getting an exhaust leak and no matter how hard I try I cant get the coupler to cinch properly with run of the mill exhaust clamps

So long story short I am looking for something similar to this for a 2 1/4 inch exhaust:

http://www.ottawaproducts.com/products/TC-series%20coupler.htm

I've tried crappy tire and part source with no luck.

Darell_n
11-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Any exhaust shop, Mopac, Unlimited Performance, etc.

frozenrice
11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
For what it's worth, take it to the guys at Minute Muffler on 32nd Ave NE.

J-hop
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Yea I might just have to do that, garage isn't heated and it makes for some frozen fingers and frustration haha.

Thanks for the shop suggestions Darell I will try a more exhaust specific shop before I give up.

adidas
11-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

I got one here, although it was dusty and over 1.5 years ago, which makes me believe they dont really stock/sell/need these often.