PDA

View Full Version : Watch some INDIE Films produced at the U of C! Collect Hipster Points!

randedge
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Dearest BEYOND members,

First Privates Messages gets an invite to private screenings!

For 6 summers, I had a manly summer job of driving a big truck, contributing to the manly work of reforming and reconfiguring mother earth via landscaping.

For 2009, I did that AND volunteered for the campus community TV Station, NUTV at the U of C. The Result of that was the Award Winning "Goodbye Race City". As you all know, it featured four of the coolest local Toyota enthusiasts.
_yInIjw2Ngw
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278528/very-short-documentary-about-race-city-to-show-at-the-u-of-c/

2010 then saw me doing the same thing and making a less than awesome, but no less tenacious documentary about the U of C's FSAE team.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/320435/the-2010-u-of-c-formula-saes-story-/
BgzbICl-src

This 2011 however, I one upped myself by actually working for NUTV and consequently got paid Crap, even though I wasn't shoveling it for landscaping purposes this time around. I also deviated from a car related doc, this time doing a Short Narrative. And even though you cool folks you were too cool for it and never showed up to two of those CAR RELATED docs, I'm still here posting an invite. However, it won't just be about me, since 5 other Docs are being shown. Indeed, for a hipster, there is no better way to up Indie Cred better than attending a screening of SIX independent short films.

http://www.facebook.com/events/258003040917689/
Where: The Plaza Theatre, Kensington.
When: November 23, 2011 Wednesday. 630pm (1830hrs)

The hardworking volunteers of NUTV did this all for free and perhaps at cost to their own pocket. In my case as summer employee, it was significant opportunity cost - to borrow an Economics term - since I could have worked a more manly, higher paying job. Be a shame if no one attended to at least kiss our independent filmmaking asses, even if only to humour us.

Most importantly, as previously mentioned, what better way to up your INDIE CRED better than to actually view a screening of Indepenedent Films? By my calculations it's worth more than a flannel shirt, thick rimmed glasses, and a fixie bike combined. At the very least it's half the points of belonging to a Synth band and drinking PBR.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you, there.

R.

Type_S1
11-20-2011, 05:47 PM
:facepalm:

NRGie
11-20-2011, 09:14 PM
wtf is a hipster

Tik-Tok
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by NRGie
wtf is a hipster

Hipsters are pretty much grown up Emo's. They sport the same haircuts, same androgynous look, and very similar, though slightly more colorful clothing style. They also like things that aren't mainstream, solely because they aren't mainstream, and will argue any fact that is accepted by mainstream.

EG. The sky isn't "blue" it's "azure".

randedge
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Correct! :)

But truthfully, there's a little hipster in all of us. I mean, just imagine how cool it'll be when we all become famous (not 'if', but "when"), then you could totally say, "Yeah, I knew those guys before they were famous and mainstream."

sputnik
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
wtf is a hipster

lVmmYMwFj1I

Type_S1
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
wtf is a hipster

You are very fortunate to have never run into them. Walk past occupy calgary and you will know what one is. :poosie:

They argue about things they are not educated about simply for the reason of "hating the man" and hate anything and everything the general population like or conform with... ie. wearing deodarant, looking half decent when leaving your house, trying to smell nice :clap:

NRGie
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't like them..

randedge
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
And did I mention this shit is playing in Kensington at THe Plaza?

If you thought, "I just saw some Indie Films, you probably haven't seen them..." brought up your hipster points, just imagine what tacking on "in Kensington, at the Plaza" would do.

Fuck yeah! HIpster points through the roof.

R.

Affinityion
11-22-2011, 02:13 PM
But doesn't a whole gathering of hipsters (with like tastes as in this film premier in Kensington) make it more "mainstream" therefore defeating their hipsterness :dunno:.:drama: