PDA

View Full Version : Compustar - no A/C heat?

dragonone
11-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I got a compustar 2-way installed in an 08 auto accord v6 w/ navi. everything works fine (engine is started) except when the car is started, the heat, a/c and radio isn't started until we put the key in and turn it. this is different than when i had similar setups in an rsx or tsx and other vehicles.

did the installer not hook it up properly? seems silly to not have a warm interior after warming it for a while...

SpeedIllusion
11-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I have an '08 Accord and that's how mine autostarts as well. I need to put in the key for everything to actually turn on. Maybe it's our cars :dunno:

dragonone
11-20-2011, 07:58 PM
that's disappointing.... any input from installers? could this have anything to do with how the a/c and radio hooked up to the ignition?

TE4MFaint
11-20-2011, 08:35 PM
uhm. no. the whole point of having a remote start is so that it fires up your accessories and youre going into a warm vehicle.

did it ever work prior, or has it always been like this since day one? if it did fire up prior, check the fuse under the dash on the compustar wiring, could just be blown.

if it never worked in the first place, the installer went to the wrong accessory wire, or perhaps did not hook up the second ignition on your car, thus, not firing up your accessories during remote start.

easy fix.

Projek01
11-20-2011, 08:41 PM
To clairfy what was mentioned above, some cars have two seperate accessory wires. The installer could have just hooked up one and left the other. (thats if your clock or radio work). If your radio, clock or heat doesnt work, it could be the compustar. Sounds like you will have to pay somone to hook up the second. If a fuse was blown, it wouldnt work with the key in anyways. All cars have only one ignition wires though iirc.

TE4MFaint
11-20-2011, 08:51 PM
The compustar accessory wire and ignition wires have fuses inline, if these fuses are blown, the compustar starter will not fire up these lines, however when the key is in the ignition, the car will give power to these lines. So it could be something as simplistic as a blown fuse inline the compustar accessory wire.

And about a thousand different vehicles have second ignition wires. Many many many of them need them fired up in order for accessories to turn on or for vehicles to even start upon remote start.

Mar
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I got a 2005 Civic, mine works fine.

dragonone
11-20-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks for all your input. I'll make an appointment with the shop to fix this issue. I just wanted to make sure it's not anything on my end, or something I need to shell out extra for (i.e. option for a newer vehicle). :thumbsup:

silvercivicsir
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Only the new Brains have this.. if it's an old computer star, no fuses on the IGN, or accessory lines.

Originally posted by TE4MFaint
The compustar accessory wire and ignition wires have fuses inline, if these fuses are blown, the compustar starter will not fire up these lines, however when the key is in the ignition, the car will give power to these lines. So it could be something as simplistic as a blown fuse inline the compustar accessory wire.

And about a thousand different vehicles have second ignition wires. Many many many of them need them fired up in order for accessories to turn on or for vehicles to even start upon remote start.

silvercivicsir
11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Guess you have never done a newer Toyota... Two IGN, and TWO Accessory wires..

Originally posted by Projek01
To clairfy what was mentioned above, some cars have two seperate accessory wires. The installer could have just hooked up one and left the other. (thats if your clock or radio work). If your radio, clock or heat doesnt work, it could be the compustar. Sounds like you will have to pay somone to hook up the second. If a fuse was blown, it wouldnt work with the key in anyways. All cars have only one ignition wires though iirc.

dragonone
11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
Only the new Brains have this.. if it's an old computer star, no fuses on the IGN, or accessory lines.

this was taken out of my 05 tsx which had the a/c and heat working when the car was started remotely. not sure if an even newer brain is needed for the 08 accord.

Mar
11-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by dragonone

this was taken out of my 05 tsx which had the a/c and music working when the car was started remotely. not sure if an even newer brain is needed for the 08 accord.
Music shouldn't be on, the 12 volt line shouldn't be powered without the key in the ignition.

dragonone
11-21-2011, 12:14 AM
thnx for the correction, i meant heat

99 rs
11-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Taken from the12volt.com. Looks like there is more than one wire for ignition. Easy fix if that's the case. Either use the jumper and extra wire on the brain or use a relay. They'll probably charge $30 for the jumper/wire or $50 for the relay.

Circuit Wire Color Location
Constant 12 volts WHITE IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Ignition 12 volts BLUE IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Starter YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Dome Light DR PIN PINK,TRUNK / HATCH WHITE BOTH ARE (-) BOTTOM **
Trunk Pin WHITE (-)16 PIN L GRN CONN DRIVER FUSE BOX PIN 5
Parking Lamp RED (+) 16 PIN L GRN CONN DRIVER FUSE BOX PIN 11
Lock ORANGE IN THE DRIVERS DOOR #201
Unlock BROWN *** IN THE DR DOOR W DOUBLE PULSE

#201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram. * GREEN PLUG ** OF FUSE BOX WHITE PLUG *** From Installer- Unlock Requires BROWN And WHITE To Be Diode Isolated And Double Pulse For Unlock. Wires Found At Door Motor DOOR LOCKS Can Be Done With A Module Call For Details.

CLICK HERE TO SEE AVAILABLE INTERFACE KITS

Tach Signal BROWN AT PCM MODULE BEHIND DR HEADLIGHT #239
Ignition #2 RED IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Ignition #3 ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Accessory RED IGNITION SWITCH OR TOP FUSE BOX @ *
Neutral Safety
Brake Light L GREEN (+) AT BRAKE SWITCH
Reverse Light L BLUE (+) DRIVER FUSE FUSE BOX PIN 6 OF 16 PIN L GRN CONN
Rear Defrost
* GREEN PLUG
#239- See Immobilizer Bypass Circuit Diagram Bypass Availible Immobilizer Conn Is WHITE. LT.GREEN Data Wire For Bypass Is In Pin
#2 PARKING BRAKE L GREEN (-) At Switch

CLICK HERE TO SEE AVAILABLE INTERFACE KITS

Window Up - D\YELLOW P\BLUE D\BROWN P\BROWN AT EACH DOOR* #211
Window Down - F/GREEN F/RED R/RED R/RED AT EACH DOOR
Keysense WHITE (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Trunk Release HATCH RELEASE ORANGE (+) BOTTOM OF FUSE BOX WHITE PLUG
OEM Horn ORANGE (+) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Headlights GRAY (-) FLASH TO PASS WIRE FOUND AT SWITCH
OEM Alarm Arm
OEM Alarm Disarm WHITE AND TAN (-) DRIVERS DOOR WHITE PLUG

#211- See Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit Diagram. * Windows And Moon Roof Can Be Closed By Two Ground Pulses And Held On The Second Pulse On The BROWN Unlock Wire.

dragonone
11-21-2011, 04:10 AM
thnx for the technical info

i hope they don't charge me ... i can't imagine any reputable shop to install a system and not have the heat work :dunno: it's a different story if the additional costs were negotiated beforehand

TE4MFaint
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
^Exactly. If the shop installed this and it hasnt worked they clearly just made a mistake not firing up all the needed lines and simply just need to correct their mistake.

Speed_69
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Does everyone's rear defroster also automatically turn on?

I have a 07 Accord. When I autostart my compustar, the heat turns on but I always have to wait in my car after for the rear window to defrost.

dragonone
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
mine is not on, but i believe that is an available option?

Mar
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
Does everyone's rear defroster also automatically turn on?

I have a 07 Accord. When I autostart my compustar, the heat turns on but I always have to wait in my car after for the rear window to defrost.
It's an additional option, you can put it on one of the auxiliary lines.