PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4S Wifi Problems

dharminder
11-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Since doing the update to 5.0.1 I have been having nothing but problems. I have searched online to see if others were as well and it seems like a hit or a miss with some having issues others working perfectly fine.

Wifi indicates top of the screen that it is connected but can not actually getting any data transfer and gives me a notification safari has timed out (or something along those lines)

Wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem and if so a possible solution.

interlude
11-22-2011, 09:57 AM
try reloading the OS, if that doesnt work.. bring it in for warranty, I have no problems with wifi. I also noticed that my battery is slowly lasting longer.

Kloubek
11-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I actually found my battery life is quite good now. Unless I go to work, which is a tin can with no windows and it works very hard to get a signal all day. And that kinda sucks because I happen to work 5 days a week...

rage2
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
haha talk about brute force reloading the OS. Let's try and figure out what's wrong first.

When you're connected to wifi and it's not working, go to the settings --> wifi screen, click on the > arrow on your connected wifi, and post what the IP Address, Router, and DNS IPs are.

You can ping the Router and DNS IPs to see if they're alive and responding (there are free ping apps out there), you can change the DNS addresses to google's (8.8.8.8).

If there's a DHCP error you'll get a weird IP.

spikerS
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rage2
haha talk about brute force reloading the OS. Let's try and figure out what's wrong first.

When you're connected to wifi and it's not working, go to the settings --> wifi screen, click on the > arrow on your connected wifi, and post what the IP Address, Router, and DNS IPs are.

You can ping the Router and DNS IPs to see if they're alive and responding (there are free ping apps out there), you can change the DNS addresses to google's (8.8.8.8).

This.

but you can't blame them for this line of thought. If you call Apple support for damn near anything, the first thing they will tell you to do is restore the phone and load the OS again.

dharminder
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Thanks for this rage2, I will post this info once I get home.

I should have stated that I have already done a network reset 2x, also done a erase all content and settings and still have same issue.

dharminder
11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Rage2 thank you for offering to help but some how some way I got it working. I think it was something in my router settings but everything seems to be working.

Thank you once again