PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden a Yamaha FZ8?

A790
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
If so, thoughts? I'm looking for a more sport-touring bike than a crotch-rocket and love the look of the naked FZ8. Unfortunately it's hard to test ride one this time of year...

Anyone have any experience?

rony_espana
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I rode an FZ6 for a while, and honestly which is almost identical in seating position and I didn't find it much more comfortable than my ZX6R, could just be me though. I would go with an FZ1 though so your not thinking of upgrading within a year. I love this color scheme btw:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/fz1_graphite_04_Large_.jpg

I still recommend a sport cruiser to anyone though, they give you power and comfort, but not many people like cruisers on here....

e31
11-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I've got a heavily modified 07 FZ1, so comparing mine now to a stock one is completely off.

What I can say is that I'm 6'3, and it took a couple of modifications to make the stock bike comfortable for long rides eg: Kelowna & back. Firstly, I found the seat is pretty much as uncomfortable as the other streetbikes. I got a padded seat online to fix that. Secondly, the stock windscreen wasn't doing much so I got an aftermarket touring screen. Another issue was that I found the mirrors were partially blocked by my shoulders, so I opted for a new handlebar/bar end mirror combo. I think those were the main things.

If you've ridden any 1000cc bikes before you will want to perform some vital modifications before you form an opinion. This bike is fairly timid in stock form, but there is very easy+cheap horsepower to be made with this bike.

I've got 46,000 kms on mine, never had any issues.

Shlade
11-30-2011, 12:31 AM
dude look at the Gladius.. Its so nice to ride.