PDA

View Full Version : Im a victim of (im)Personation, help

forced_eg
11-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Well ive had quite a shocking day, let me explain

Today around 3pm I left work to grab a set of keys i forgot at home for a vehicle i sold, work was busy and the buyers were from lethbridge so i sped home to get the keys, left my house and encountered a cps unit. I drove about 1km following the speed limit and pulled into the trans canada ESSO (to wipe my windshield) and greeted by four CPS units and an undercover truck and horse trailer.

The police officer first asked me if I was the registered owner of the car (i was) and secondly told me I was under arrest for driving with a suspended license. I told the officer that I repaid my tickets and was re-instated (which i am), they put me in the back of the cruiser and returned a few minutes later to tell me that there was an error and I am not under arrest for driving with a suspended license but i will go home with a handfull of tickets for my actions on the way home earlier (undercover truck and horse trailer seen me) no argument there...

Once i was released i asked if all the units were necessary, and one officer told me that it was because of a previous charge for "flight from a police officer", i said Ive never been charged for that and returned to my car "eagerly" waiting for the tickets that were being written up. About five minutes later, both officers come to me and asked me if I was in some trouble in lake louise over the summer and that they might have the wrong guy. It didnt help that I didnt have any ID on me or registration or insurance slips. Ive never been to lake louise and gave my info and DL number again. They came back and explained the story to me

Apparantly over the summer some guy (to be explained later) was pulled over in Lake louise, rammed two police cars and injured an officer, that same dirtbag was arrested, detained, charged and released.. heres the kicker, He gave my information.. at this moment i was like WTF!!! there are over 25 charges against me related to this incident. the police contacted the lake louise rcmp and got them to send a pic of the person arrested that day. That picture and my tatoos helped them come to the conclusion that my identity was stolen.

Skipping all the small details and questions, they let me go. But my status and false charges still remain because the CPS street units wont get involved because of jurisdiction issue. They recommended I contact LL RC to get the ball rolling on getting these charges reversed. Any other advice on who to contact and what to do locally??

thanks

*edit* that "some guy" that was caught in LL was an old High school friend (ten years ago) that got involved in the wrong things and is now in remand

FraserB
11-25-2011, 12:26 AM

schocker
11-25-2011, 12:34 AM
I am sorry but I lost it at undercover horse trailer. :rofl:
shitty situation though

bituerbo
11-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Adding horse tranquilizers to my getaway kit.

Modelexis
11-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Why were you driving around with no licence/reg?
How did you manage to get tickets while the police were following you? (a horse trailer isn't exactly inconspicuous)

Some dude rams police cars in LL and the police don't ask for several pieces of ID and verify his identity? What car did he use to ram and who was that car registered to?

bourge73
11-25-2011, 08:01 AM
So, if I get this story straight, an undercover horse arrested you in Lethbridge and gave you tickets?

forced_eg
11-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Why were you driving around with no licence/reg?
How did you manage to get tickets while the police were following you? (a horse trailer isn't exactly inconspicuous)

Some dude rams police cars in LL and the police don't ask for several pieces of ID and verify his identity? What car did he use to ram and who was that car registered to?

No license card, and proof of reg/ins were not in the vehicle

I blew by the undercover and he didn't come after me, just showed up at the scene after I was caught.

The other details I will find out today after I get some details from LL RCMP. And I'm not shitting you, white f350 with fifth wheel horse trailer, I couldn't believe it either

cancer man
11-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by forced_eg

No license card, and proof of reg/ins were not in the vehicle

I blew by the undercover and he didn't come after me, just showed up at the scene after I was caught.

The other details I will find out today after I get some details from LL RCMP. And I'm not shitting you, white f350 with fifth wheel horse trailer, I couldn't believe it either

So i'm guessing ticket for no DL,Registration and failure to produce insurance.
I can understand why you have a long face now.

G-ZUS
11-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by forced_eg

I saw that and was thinking WTF :nut:

JRSC00LUDE
11-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Between the whole "(im)Personation" thing and the simple existance of an undercover horse trailer, this thread has me :rofl:

SJW
11-25-2011, 08:56 AM
TLDR.

dexlargo
11-25-2011, 12:00 PM
This happens more often than you might think.

You're probably going to have to go out to Lake Louise. I would give the RCMP a call, explain the situation and arrange a time to come in and deal with these warrants. If you know the guy who is in the photo, they'll probably want a statement from you identifying this guy, so he can be charged with personation, as well as have the charges for what he did in LL laid against him properly.

The worst case scenario, you might have to go to court in Canmore (probably on a later date), so that the charges can be withdrawn in court.

Deal with this as soon as you can - you don't want to have the warrant executed on you at an inconvenient time.

If it's as clear as you say that you're not the guy, they'll get the charges cleaned up for you.

NuclearPizzaMan
11-25-2011, 01:55 PM
You sound like a stand up guy.

Feruk
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
ALWAYS carry your license and either have your registration/insurance on you or in your car. Is this not common sense? :dunno: What's so hard about keeping that stuff in your wallet?

codetrap
11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
^ Dude.. People are stupid.

5fivespeed
11-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by NuclearPizzaMan
You sound like a stand up guy.

Actually, Ravi is. Meet him and you know. He is the owner of Minute Muffler on 32nd.

Ray

BerserkerCatSplat
11-25-2011, 10:55 PM
That's a pretty nuts story. I had to laugh at the undercover horse trailer, though! :rofl: