PDA

View Full Version : LF quality exhaust for vw jetta

tarrantas
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey all, I am looking to do my first mini build on my 2002 1.8t Jetta. Pretty big noob at this point, so please bear with me. I recently put an intake on, and I am now looking for a solid exhaust system. Concept 1 here in Calgary seems to have a pretty good set up including downpipe and everything, 3" tubing. Is this overkill for my 1.8t? Would I be better off getting something like a 2.25" magnaflow catback system? Lastly, if I have a 2.25" catback is it difficult to later install say a 3" downpipe or will that cause problems? If anyone has any advice for me or reputable shops to have said work done, it would be massively appreciated. Thanks a bunch everyone.

Andy

VW337
11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I have a 3" turbo back (downpipe + catback) on my 1.8T with a magnaflow muffler. From my experience it's cheaper just to buy everything together rather than buy a catback and downpipe separately. As far as installs go, tunedub or calgary autoworks are the best vw shops in town.

Lots of info on the 1.8T's here:
www.vwvortex.com
www.eurodrivers.ca

adidas
11-27-2011, 04:41 PM
3" will be some what of an over kill on a stock turbo. If you have plans for a BT than go ahead and buy the 3".

I would opt for getting the 2.5" or 3" over the 2.25, as you wont get anything more than just sound as the stock exhaust is 2.18" if my memory serves me right.

Look up some videos on youtube and decide what you like best. GHL, magnaflow, 42dd are some popular brands within the vw community.

DeeK
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
If you have money to blow, buy a supersprint exhaust system. They are not cheap, but you will love it.

/thread.

DeeK
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Figured I'd add a vid of the exhaust....

w-qXhknvjK8

btimbit
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
^That's also on a VR6, his wouldn't sound that good

cancer man
11-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Better do alot of research before you bolt on an exhaust it may cost you H.P.

Are you going for sound or an elevation in HP?

What Deek SAID Supersprint totally sexy sound.

tarrantas
12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Definitely looking for a little boost in power as opposed to sound. And damn the Supersprints are nice but too pricey for me at this point. The GHL ones seem pretty nice too, but I couldn't seem to find a turboback system. Looking at some magnaflow right now..will keep updated...thanks again for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

tarrantas
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Found a turboback system by APR from concept1 here in town, 3" all the way, only thing is it has the turned down exhaust tips which I don't really favour. Seems to be a pretty solid system anyways, anybody have any contradictory input or will this do what I need it to...?