PDA

View Full Version : Recipes to Riches

jwslam
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Finally saw those chicken grenades in stock at my Superstore (Huntington). Funny because that was the only episode I saw and I only caught half of it.

I'll post a review whenever I get around to cooking them.

Just wondering who else saw the show and found anything delicious.

dj_rice
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I've tried the Lemon Pudding Cakes, Peach Caramel Cheesecake and the Chicken Grenades.

They really all SUCK. The Peach Caramel Cheesecake is tolerable. I just bought them to try cuz of the hype from the TV show and at least I can say I tried it.

The Chicken Grenades IMO, were very tasteless. No flavor. And quite expensive for what you get.

jwslam
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The Chicken Grenades IMO, were very tasteless. No flavor. And quite expensive for what you get.
I was thinking they're way over priced too. But I bought them more-so for the conversation starter.

jwslam
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I was ready for disappointment when I read your review.
It's not THAT tasteless... but it's also not wow. And I definitely don't see the value in the product.

I totally wanna try the pulled pork thing though lol.

duckmanx
12-02-2011, 04:20 PM
That Donna girl that made the Stampeder breakfast cookie was from Calgary... had the best idea I wanted to try but didnt win. How do you not win with a bacon buttermilk maple cookie...

bulaian
12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by duckmanx
That Donna girl that made the Stampeder breakfast cookie was from Calgary... had the best idea I wanted to try but didnt win. How do you not win with a bacon buttermilk maple cookie...

That's exactly what I thought. I think she lost out because the Stampede marketing didn't really fly in Toronto. The rest of the country(or world) doesn't really get the stampede thing like we do.

BigDL
12-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Went to school with that Donna girl, I would have loved to tried those cookies.

me_dennis
12-20-2011, 12:45 PM
the peach cheescake girl was sexy

n1zm0
12-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by me_dennis
the peach cheescake girl was sexy

edit: nvm i thoguht it was this chick you were talking about

i knew i recognized her when she was on the show:

http://www.followmefoodie.com

BYMrW2LsYxc

i wanted to try the bannock pie thing but they never have it at superstore, was it only each week that they won you could buy them?

dj_rice
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
The pulled pork one is actually not too bad. Quite tasty for a frozen product. Only one out of the product line I would buy again.

jwslam
03-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The pulled pork one is actually not too bad. Quite tasty for a frozen product. Only one out of the product line I would buy again.

It's $5 for 4 servings right now. I just picked some up. Eating it right now. For a 75second microwave product it's awesome. They weren't frozen though.