PDA

View Full Version : C-Train running?

Rebel123
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone knows if the C-Trains are running on their regular routes as of this time?

Thanks.

schocker
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Twitter says no. Maybe by rush hour
https://twitter.com/#!/calgarytransit

CapnCrunch
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
It wasn't up around 10am. The CT website doesn't mention it being back up.

snoop101
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
They are going north from somerset. I'm not sure how far they will go

What happened anyways?

schocker
11-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
They are going north from somerset. I'm not sure how far they will go

What happened anyways?
The windstorm. They are cleaning up so no trains on 7th

snoop101
11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by schocker

The windstorm. They are cleaning up so no trains on 7th

Still? Wow no comment

schocker
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Still? Wow no comment
Yes, it only happened last night :dunno:

Calgary Transit has had to alter service in response Due to the severe wind storm on Sunday, November 27. The Fire Department has equipment on 7th Avenue repairing damage on office towers. Therefore the power to the CTrain has been turned off along 7th Avenue. In addition there are detours in response to other closures several city streets in the downtown core. Once repairs are complete and 7th Avenue is safe CTrain service will resume.

CTrains are operating between:

Somerset-Bridlewood <-> Stampede Station
McKnight Westwinds <-> Bridgeland Station
Crowfoot <-> SAIT/Jubilee/ACAD Station

kenny
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Calgary's big dig can't start soon enough. We need a buried LRT line.

rage2
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/update-on-c-train-service-interruption-219823.aspx

Update on C-Train Service Interruption - November 28, 2011 11:28 AM

The City is continuing to work with Enmax in restoring C-Train service in the downtown core.

Enmax is working to resolve what appears to be an electrical issue so that the line can be re-energized and service restored. Enmax assures us that all efforts are being made to address this problem before the afternoon rush hour.

Shuttle buses will continue to operate until C-Train service has been restored.

City officials thank Calgarians for their patience as they continue clean-up efforts.
There's no power to the trains downtown right now.

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
This is pissing me off. Did they not anticipate that this would royally fuck up Monday rush hour if they did not get it done in time?

So far, the trains are still down and my company even called CT to verify.

Why didn't they get a head start on this when the winds stopped very early in the evening..

Bullshit.

kenny
11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
They had crews working all night. Cranes arrived downtown to fix windows on buildings pretty much right when the wind warning ended and were there until about 9am this morning. Both cranes had to be parked on 7th, so just bad luck I suppose.

They did a pretty big media blitz yesterday trying to get the word out for people to make alternate plans if you normally take transit to work but apparently not everyone got the message.

schocker
11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Why didn't they get a head start on this when the winds stopped very early in the evening..

Bullshit.
I hope you are joking :rofl:

Updated: November 28, 2011 3:32 PM
Calgary Transit has had to alter service in response Due to the severe wind storm on Sunday, November 27. The Fire Department has equipment on 7th Avenue repairing damage on office towers. Therefore the power to the CTrain has been turned off along 7th Avenue. In addition there are detours in response to other closures several city streets in the downtown core. Once repairs are complete and 7th Avenue is safe CTrain service will resume.

CTrains are operating between:

Somerset-Bridlewood <-> Stampede Station
McKnight Westwinds <-> Bridgeland Station
Crowfoot <-> SAIT/Jubilee/ACAD Station

Shuttle buses are providing service.

Rides from Eau Claire to Sage Hill $20:D

-relk-
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know where the shuttle buses from DT to Stampede are stationed at?

D'z Nutz
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Man I hope they get city transit back up and running tomorrow. I hate working from home.

schocker
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by -relk-
Does anyone know where the shuttle buses from DT to Stampede are stationed at?
I believe you have to flag them down or something

CTrain B201 Shuttle Bus Route:

From Erlton Station:

WB 25 Av
NB Macleod Tr E
WB 6 Av
NB 8 St W
EB 4 Av
NB 9 St SW/ 10 St NW
WB 16 Av N
SB 19 St
EB 14 Av to Lions Park Station

From Lions Park Station:

EB 14 Av
SB 14 St
EB 5 Av NW/ 4 Av NW
SB 9A St (Sunnyside Station)
WB 2 Av N
SB 10 St Bridge / 9 St SW
EB 9 Av S
SB 1 St E
EB 25 Av SE to Erlton Station

kenny
11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like LRT is back on 7th ave. :thumbsup:

3st station will remain closed (repairs still ongoing above)

Euro_Trash
11-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Yup I can see some trains moving

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
:werd: Beware of everyone rushing into the train when doors open even though there are 10+ people who have not exited the train yet.

This happens on a daily basis but today is just ridiculous.

While I was waiting to enter the train, had 2 people push me forward to the point I had to yell at them, and as I exited I had to bulldoze through idiots. I don't understand the stupidity of people.

Euro_Trash
11-28-2011, 05:26 PM
lol everyone is scared the trains are going to stop working again

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
lol everyone is scared the trains are going to stop working again
They never stopped working.

Just watch. Some person will get hit on 7th ave and then all trains will have to stop anyways :thumbsup:

Euro_Trash
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM

If I have to ride to a station to get on a shuttle, the trains aren't working :thumbsup:

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

If I have to ride to a station to get on a shuttle, the trains aren't working :thumbsup:
True. W = F*d

You got me there!

cam_wmh
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
This is pissing me off. Did they not anticipate that this would royally fuck up Monday rush hour if they did not get it done in time?

So far, the trains are still down and my company even called CT to verify.

Bullshit.

With the downtown C-Train line perspective you must have, shouldn't you be more upset with the hassle it must've been to get downtown to your condo?

Oh neither to both hey? How did you know they weren't working on it, once it was safe to do so?

Oh, i know! You don't.

kenny
11-28-2011, 05:59 PM

Just watch. Some person will get hit on 7th ave and then all trains will have to stop anyways :thumbsup:

So close! Some idiot just drove their car onto the tracks on 36 St. :rofl:

... and now a switch issue at 10 St (What's new?).

snoop101
11-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I can totally understand this from an under developed city, but this is Calgary.

The other issue that bothers me is every year they raise the ticket amount, but the quality of service stays the same. I dont mind paying more, for more.

schocker
11-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I can totally understand this from an under developed city, but this is Calgary.

The other issue that bothers me is every year they raise the ticket amount, but the quality of service stays the same. I dont mind paying more, for more.
This had nothing to do with Calgary transit :dunno:
The only thing they did wrong was not have 10000 shuttles ready to go in the morning for everyone who assumed they would wait five minutes and get downtown.

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

With the downtown C-Train line perspective you must have, shouldn't you be more upset with the hassle it must've been to get downtown to your condo?

Oh neither to both hey? How did you know they weren't working on it, once it was safe to do so?

Oh, i know! You don't.
Hello cam_wmh, I live right in the downtown area and can see down exactly where rage2 took his photos and even more down 7th ave.

Didn't see anything, any workers, just some red tape that was there from Sunday. Could they possibly be waiting on cranes and other things? Sure, but there was pretty much no productivity during the evening and into the early morning.

I'm not going to rag on you, but don't you think it's a bit weird you're trying to call me out on assumptions but you kind of assumed yourself?

cam_wmh
11-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I also live downtown and saw them working.

Edit: 1 st Sw.

Disoblige
11-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Gotcha. You're right, I don't know the full story and certainly cannot see all the way down to Center St.

I'm all the down on 9th.

Cos
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM

eblend
11-29-2011, 12:31 AM

Hold on...not sure why you used BUT there...Calgary is under developed..

dharminder
11-29-2011, 09:42 AM
My issue with city transit is that they shuttle everyone out to there respective stations (stampede, bridgeland, Sunnyside i think its sunnyside or the first station out of dt) then the service starts to work and you have hundreds of people at these platforms that get screwed. They need to have something better in place.

schocker
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by dharminder
My issue with city transit is that they shuttle everyone out to there respective stations (stampede, bridgeland, Sunnyside i think its sunnyside or the first station out of dt) then the service starts to work and you have hundreds of people at these platforms that get screwed. They need to have something better in place.
How do you propose they do that?

cam_wmh
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by schocker

How do you propose they do that?

I haven't used CT in quite some time, but found it comical that they found the Fobbiest East Indian lady broadcasting the outages over the Intercoms. Solid operational decision there.

CapnCrunch
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

I haven't used CT in quite some time, but found it comical that they found the Fobbiest East Indian lady broadcasting the outages over the Intercoms. Solid operational decision there.

It's better than the crappy text to voice garbage the had running at Crowfoot.

"Attention Calgary Transit customers: Garble garble train station is closed. Shuttle buses are being rerouted from garble garble station and garble garble station over to garble garble station. We apologize for any inconvenience."

:facepalm:

Swank
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
The voice announcments are useless, I agree. Hopefully they get the info signs at all stations which are fully capable of displaying pertinent disruption info. I guess that won't help the visually impaired but they're never shy to ask us sighties WTF is going on.