PDA

View Full Version : Usps

nguyen
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Typically with everyone's experience on here. how's the shipping with USPS priority and USPS express to canada? getting a couple lightbulbs sent in from the states but don't wanna wait a couple weeks. wondering if it would make a difference if i chose express vs. priority shipping

swak
11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Check the options, but ultimately the more you pay, the faster you'll get it.

USPS is the best imo in dealing with things shipped from the states, and then they transfer arms to canada post across the border.

Sugarphreak
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM

dj_rice
11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Just because you pay Express doesn't necessarily mean its gonna get here faster. It all depends on Customs processing it right away or not.

toyboy88
11-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I find things from the US really depend on customs processing. Really when paying (from Canada) between priority and express, your paying pretty much for the 'speed' in the US (up to and until the Canadian border).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once packages hit customs, then Canada Post takes 'delivery' responsibility of all USPS packages (so for major CAN cities, times are generally the same once it clears customs).

That being said, USPS is always my first choice also. :)

ZMan2k2
11-29-2011, 09:56 AM
USPS Priority does take priority when coming through Customs. I've seen priority parcels slide through customs in a day or two, as opposed to the 3-4 day wait times this time of year. You should know though that customs is swamped this time of year, so things do slow down some. And, as always, priority and express parcels will require a signature upon delivery. Just so you know.