PDA

View Full Version : FS: Alien Bee B800s, Sigma 50 1.4 Nikon Mount, RadioPopper JrX

Cheeba
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I live in Regina, but will be in Calgary in the next week or so :)

I have three black B800 strobes in great cosmetic condition, and perfect operating condition. One I bought new about a year or so ago, and two I bought used and are about three years old, as per the original owner. When I purchased the used ones, I sent one of them in for repair due to a slight buzzing (although it worked perfectly), and the repair place said that one of the capacitors was going, so I opted to replace all the caps. These lights have all seen only gentle use – I'm anal about how I treat gear. Each strobe includes a flashtube, 7.5" reflector, shipping cover, and original packaging.

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Nikon mount: as new, no glass flaws whatsoever, and the body and hood pretty much perfect. I have the original lens caps and packaging. This lens trounces the Nikon 50mm offerings (I've had them all), and required zero focus adjustment on any of my bodies. I adore the lens, and am only selling it because I have too many lenses near this range – 35 1.4, 24-70, 85 1.4, 60 2.8, 70-200. As far as I'm concerned, the Sigma is the only AF 50mm prime offering for Nikons. If it speaks to Sigmas ability to produce a few gems, I have all of the best Nikon glass under 200mm, and still have three Sigmas (the 50mm, 85 1.4, and 150 2.8) which are just as good as the rest of my glass.

RadioPopper JrX Studio triggers: two transmitters and three receivers. These allow for full on camera power adjustment for monolights and Speedlights. They're also a great match for the B800s since I found a way to get them to sync off-camera flash at 1/8000s - perfect for freezing action, or shooting narrow DoF in bright daylight!

I've also got two battery packs that I made myself using pure sine wave inverters and NiMH battery packs, all installed nicely in a Pelican 1050 case with an external 120V plug. They're about 3lbs, tough as hell (I can stand on one), and good for a couple of hundred pops at 320WS. They cost me about $250 a piece to make, but I know I'll take a bath on them since they're DIY. I can grab pictures, but they just look like a black Pelican 1050 with a plug-in on it.

Alien Bees B800 - $225 each
Spare flashtube - $20
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 - $450
RadioPopper JrX Studio transmitter - $60 each
RadioPopper JrX Studio receiver - $75 each
NiMH battery packs - $125 each

Cheeba
11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Two of the Alien Bees are sold; one left!