PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks

sexualbanana
12-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Just wondering because I drank half a Rockstar before my late basketball game. Does the level of physical activity have an effect on the duration of the energy kick you get?

I drank half a can before my game at 9:30 and just curious how it may effect my ability to fall asleep tonight

msommers
12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Lots of factors to consider really if it's going to interrupt your regular sleeping pattern. If I see you still up at 3am, I'll know! And so will you.

BrknFngrs
12-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Seems to vary significantly from person to person too. I'm quite content to have something like redbull and then go to sleep :dunno:

bmeier
12-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Just wondering because I drank half a Rockstar before my late basketball game. Does the level of physical activity have an effect on the duration of the energy kick you get?

I drank half a can before my game at 9:30 and just curious how it may effect my ability to fall asleep tonight

funny you bring that up. i had a bball game late last night and had an americano just before, i literally could not sleep last night and i normally dont have much reaction to caffeine.

r3ccOs
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty sure the fact that you consumed a stimulant and upped your heart rate in an anerobic exercise, is why your RHR would have stayed high and that you would've had a hard time resting ;)

I do the same thing... caffine is a performance enhancing drug, and I use it for late night hockey games where I was up since 6 AM earler that day.